Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Back to Blogging

 I am back to blogging. I have had a trying time with an accident last year and recently with cancer surgery, but I am lucky to be in tip top shape now. My niece Marla, who is an avid Facebook fan told me the best way to communicate with her is through Facebook, so I began to write in Facebook again, and realized how much I missed it. In addition, I sorely missed my blogging,so hopefully, you will welcome me back.

To get you caught up a bit with my life here in Ireland....Joe and I moved to The Dingle Peninsula in County Kerry, Ireland. Joe's mom was born in County Kerry, and I read a book called
The House on the Irish Hillside by Felicity Hayes-McCoy telling about how a couple fell in love with the Dingle Peninsula, found a cottage to renovate, and ultimately found true happiness. Well, you can guess what happened next. I had to go see it for myself, and I stayed at The Anchor Inn.


I explored the area and found us a beautiful house in Ballinclare, and we moved there.
Our home is in a beautiful valley, and the views are incredible.

Here is our house and some of the glorious views:



This is the road from our home, and the walking club taking a hike.
As you can see, it is a lovely farming community. 
Our favourite hangout is The South Pole Pub, which is on the Main Street near the Annascaul River. It's a great place to have a meal or listen to a music session.



As for family news,I am now a great aunt to my niece's beautiful baby girl named Maya.




I will be making a quilt for Maya, and asked for help on Facebook as to which pattern I should use. All voted, and this one won:

I am ordering the fabric this week, and I will start sewing the quilt next week. I will show you the quilt top when I sew it together.
I am glad to be back. I hope to share with you my quilting, and also my weaving. During my absence from blogging, I have gotten into weaving fabric.
Talk to you soon.

30 comments:

Pat said...

Welcome back. I only do occasional posts myself on my blog....and don't read blogs much anymore, either. :( Facebook is just so much easier for me, it seems. Your new home is lovely and so are the views. We visited that area when we went on our trip to Ireland in 1994 and it is truly a special place.

Nancy said...

Welcome back to blogging, Micki. Looking forward to reading more. I'm not blogging as much as I did but keep trying.
Loved Dingle when I visited there. Looks simply lovely.

Sue said...

Welcome back Micki, great to read that you are on top of things and enjoying all life sends you.

Unknown said...

Welcome back! It is good to see you back in blogland. The Seuss quilt will definitely be a treasure for your grand niece...

Unknown said...

Welcome back! It is good to see you back in blogland. The Seuss quilt will definitely be a treasure for your grand niece...

Marie said...

I am most happy to see you back blogging!. I have missed you very much. Congrats on the beautiful new home and your good health. Please send me your mailing address on private message on facebook. I have the same one much has happened but we are I the same place . Hugs to you and Joe and the babies. Marie

Gene Black said...

Welcome back! I want to see your weaving and your quilting. I really want to see what you are doing with your Saori loom. Are you making clothes from the fabrics you make?
I will be getting my Saori in June. (yaaaaaay!)

The views there are just lovely. I hope one day I can visit the Emerald Isle

mascanlon said...

Welcome back! I never have blogged but I still read a few and try to comment because I appreciate all the effort. I do sepnd a little more time on Instagram these days, a quick picture and comment and we're all checking out the quilts, food and kids! Hope you are feeling well sounds like a trying few years to be sure.

Rafael's Mum said...

Hi Micki, missed you! welcome back, we are all still here and I'm looking forward to your posts again. it will be like were never gone :-) xxx

quiltmom anna said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling much better. Welcome back to blogging- I have been a neglectful blogger myself lately- Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging and sometimes one needs to take time to do different things. Like Pat, I keep track of many blogging friends on Facebook.
Your new home looks lovely and the baby is sweet. I am sure that the quilt will be beautiful too.
Hugs, Anna

Villa-loredana said...

Welcome back dear Micki, marvelous place, and your new house. regards. Loredana.

Jackie's Stitches said...

So good to see you back!!!!

Your home and the area you now live in is just beautiful. How are the pups?

Judy S. said...

Believe it or not, I was thinking about you last week, and voila! Here you are. Welcome back, Micki, you've been missed. We have some serious catching up to do! Love the quilt you chose.

Pamela Kieffer said...

Glad to see your back in the blog world. Love your new home and know you will spend many happy days there.

Gretchen said...

Welcome back to blogland! I was so happy to see your post pop up. I have missed you and am so relived to hear that your health issues are better. Beautiful views of your new home.

QuiltyGal said...

Welcome back Micki. I found your blog from the Quilters Blog, Blogger list and because I love Ireland so much, had to take a peek. You are so very lucky to have moved there! I visited County Cork back in 1993 when I was first able to jump the pond in my genealogy work. I was able to visit the same town where they were from, and felt like I was home. Looking forward to visiting there through your blog and wishing you health and happiness.

Heckety said...

Donegal to Kerry huh??? No extremes for you then! Nice to see you back!

KatieQ said...

I am delighted to see you are posting again. I can't wait to read more about what's going on in your corner of the world.

ann vanherle said...

yoepie!!Back

Debbie said...

So nice to see you back at blogging, Micki! Good luck in your new beautiful home. Don't bother looking at my blog, it's been sorely neglected!

Chris H said...

I'm so happy to see you back blogging. So many people leave blogging for Facebook, never to be seen again.
Your new home looks gorgeous, the area looks divine and your new great niece is UTTERLY ADORABLE.
Sorry to hear your health has been a worry, I hope you are back to 100% again now.

Eileen said...

Welcome back, Micki! I love Ireland and used to read your blog the last time you wrote it.
So glad you're feeling better! I'll bet it was scary but now you're a survivor.
My Dad was born in Cork City, but I've never been to Ireland. DH and I are hoping to visit in 2016 for the 100th Anniversary of the Easter Rising. My father's family was involved and I want to see where they fought.
Have a great time making the Cat in the Hat quilt! Would love to be friends on FB, my name is Eileen O'Byrne Keane on there.

Kerstin said...

Hi Micki, so happy to see you back in blog land. Happy to hear you are doing good.
I been a few years ago to Ireland.
Been to Dingle , ring of Kerry. I loved it. I know I be going back to see it again. must be very nice to live there.

Chris said...

Hi Micki, I hope that you are fully recovered now from your ordeals. Your photos are gorgeous and so much remind me of "home" - Wales, so many years ago. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Wacky Woman said...

Hello Micki...missed you! I think I even lost you on Facebook as I was hacked and lost all my contacts. Sorry to hear about your accident and surgery. Good to hear you are feeling better now. Love your new home.

Miriam said...

Ohhh Micky, wonderful to see you again!!! Welcome back!
So sorry to hear you haven't been well. Glad to hear you are back in good shape now.
Your new home looks wonderfu1

Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Kathy MacKie said...

Welcome back, you've been missed. You've obviously had a trying time and I wish you well. What a beautiful place you have, just what dreams are made of and I really feel you both deserve it.

Cobblestone Creations said...

So nice to see you back again, Micki!! Our daughter moved recently from Ambler, PA to Carlow, Ireland. So perhaps someday when we are visiting her, we can meet up for a cup of tea. Looking forward to reading your posts again. xxx

webbsway said...

O MICKI!
How wonderful to have you back once again. I quit blogging shortly after you did -when my husband passed away. That has almost been 2 years now.

I want to return to my blog family because they mean so very much to me. But, I am THRILLED to see you and what a miracle that I even visited today?

As you can tell - you are very much Loved and Appreciated.I hope your beloved Joe is doing well also - and also that little carne terrier ????? LOVE LOVE your home . You are just like medicine to my soul.
Hugs, Linda

Janet said...

Micki, what a surprise and a happy one to hear from you! I did read your other post where you say that you can't make the blogging work and are moving to Facebook. I'll see if I can find you there. I love seeing your photos of Ireland. It is still on my wish list as a place to visit.