
I made a Mariner Compass Quilt where I did a combination of machine piecing and embroidery work with my embroidery machine. I will be using it for our dining room table. I decided on a Mariner Compass Quilt , and luckily found the perfect pattern in a book I had. I picked colors to match our decor and added a bit of a Celtic look with the machine embroidery. I machine quilted it, so hopefully you can see that.
The weather has been really cool, and we are skipping spring it seems. Hopefully, the summer will bring some warm days. Anyways, Joe and I are off to Letterkenny to go food shopping. At least the weekend is almost here.
Enjoy yours!
19 comments:
Your quilt looks great Micki!!!, I love the colours you chose too!!! The machine embroidery blocks add a wonderful dimension!!!
That is absolutely gorgeous Micki. The celtic motifs really set it off and I love the colours.
Love you Mariner's Compass! What do you use for batting when making it for the table? If I have it on hand I use flannel.
Love your quilt Micki!! Beautiful work!!! ~tina
Awesomeness just plain awesomeness...as always!! We have had a lovely spring temp wise for the most part. A few hot days mixed in and some horrid storms but over all a nice change from last year.
Hugs,
Lola
Wow! To me, Mariner's Compass is the ultimate quilt project. Everyone I know has hopes of doing at least one of those in their lifetime. It can't be easy, and yours is absolutely stunning!
Love that piece and love the celtic stitching.
Debbie
Oh my gosh, it is absolutely gorgeous.
Lovely colors. It's fun adding your own touch to something.....a unique work.
Your quilt/table cloth is just gorgeous. Love the colours.
Hope Joe and you had a great shopping trip.
HELLO BEAUTIFUL MICKI!!!! Oh my dear, thankyou for stopping by to catch a glimpse of what Saturday holds....come by if you can for a tour of Paris from different points of view! And we too dearest are having a lot of rain, but today it is so GREEN AND SUNNY OUT! BIG HUGS, Anita
What a beautiful design! I love anything with a nautical feel! It looks complicated...but you always do a fabulous job! ♥
What a fantastic Mariner's compass.! I've been working on a wall hanging with that design -please come and have a look.
Beautiful quilt! Fabulous colors that just pop!
It does look beautiful, Micki. Although viewing Other People's quilts on the net always makes me wish I could get right up close and see the detail!
Very nice Micki.. love the colours
Love it! I have always wanted to try the mariner's compass but have been too chicken.
OMG Micki I love it! I would kill to be clever enough to make one.
I think I will have to go back to patchwork class so the teacher can help me...
Yours is really, really gorgeous, ya clever tart!
Micki, this is beautiful work. The embroidered blocks are inspired, and really give the whole piece that special something
Post a Comment