Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baby Quilt Finished For Gracie Jane Project


Yeah! I finished the baby quilt for the Gracie Jane Project. I am donating this quilt to a baby who is in a neo-natal intensive unit, and it is nice to know that it will give comfort to the baby and the family. I used a Moda jelly roll, and decided to do the binding in yellow, so they could give it to a girl or boy. Mostly, I wanted it to be bright and cheery, because I do hope it will make the baby smile and feel better.
I began the circle quilt and I am sewing circles galore. Once I do all of them, I can begin to sew the blocks and the rows together. That is going to be a happy quilt too. Hey, a smile is better than a frown.
Joe and I took our longer walk this morning and visited our horse, who got his carrots and oat cake treats...He was a happy horse, and gave us lots of licks. It has been rainy here and quite cooler, but I was still just wearing a long sleeved top, vest and leggings.

Next weekend, we will be going to Donegal to pay for the elliptical rider, and then we will arrange a delivery date. Thank God, they will assemble it, and then I will be set to go.

Thanks so much for all of your concern! I am in a positive mood that the therapy and all the excercising will in a few months improve my situation with my legs. In any case, I am going to be one toned Irish lassie and super slim.LOL

Don't forget that Friday is the day that Mr. Random Generator picks the lucky winner of the AccuQuilt GO and the three dies. I can't believe how many people entered the giveaway!

34 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love the baby quilt, nice design idea for simple, but nice.

I hope you like the eliptical. I love to go for walks and it does hurt my joints, but I rather be tired from that, then sitting around. I need to get back on mine again, too cold outside.

Debbie

Villa-loredana said...

The quilt is so nice that push away all the rainy clouds over the Peroj + the nice news about your legs. Loredana.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Adorable baby quilt. When it's icy and snowy here, we jump on the elliptical too.

Barb said...

Micki, I just love your little quilt and what a blessing it will be to the family that receives it. Spreading cheer!!

Looking forward to seeing your circles....

Here is hoping that all this exercise works for your knees.

marina said...

Lovely quilt finish. Glad to hear you have some strategies to deal with your leg issues. Your determination will win out!

Stephany said...

what a great way to donate a quilt. And very kind of you to spend the time, money and energy on something we know those families will appreciate!

Soggibottom said...

I always like smiles :-)

Do you know (I know you do) your horse has a very bright and brillant smile..... good to know your quilt will make someone else smile.... hey, everyone smile and it's catching... :-)xxx

KatieQ said...

That quilt is so bright, it can't help but make people smile. I didn't see your horse's name in the post. He looks like a sweetheart.

Cheryl said...

The baby quilt will be much appreciated, I am sure. Sorry about the knees and hope all the therapy helps!!

scraphappy said...

Such a cute little baby quilt. It is so nice to be able to finish a little project and know that it is going to a good cause. You have such an amazingly positive attitude. It may not help the situation be any better, but I hope it helps it to feel better.

Gene Black said...

The little quilt is very happy.
Thanks for the smile.

Irina said...

Nice to hear you positive! I hope all goes well.
Lovely quilt! I'm sure it will make more than one smile appear on many faces!

Marj said...

The baby quilt does look like a happy quilt. Nice picture of your horse.
Hope that the elliptical does the trick for you.

Carin said...

That baby quilt is so lovely !! I love the colors you used.
Fingers crossed for friday :-)

Anonymous said...

Those colors are perfect for the baby quilt! A wee one will be mesmerized by it's primary colors -- always a good choice for little ones!

Wacky Woman said...

Darling quilt for a baby. Hope the eliptical does the trick for you.

Mommarock said...

The baby quilt it cute!.. And like we could forget that friday is the Accuquilt drawing. I've been back every day just to visit it here on your blog :)

Needled Mom said...

What a lovely quilt for a baby in the NICU. We used to love receiving them when I worked in the NICU because we could cover the Isolettes (where the babies stayed) and it provided the families with a little privacy from other visitors.

Glad to see that your horse was still waiting for the carrots and glad to read that you were able to walk a little extra.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love Gracie Jane's quilt! How wonderful that is!

Searchfamilies said...

What a lovely quilt well done
Hugs Janice

Fleurette said...

I love the baby quilt, such happy colours, what a lovely gesture! I'm sure the therapy and excercise will help improve your knee immensely. Well done on the weight loss!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm positive your quilt will be treasured by whomever receives it! I really like the pattern you came up with too.

It's finally going to be cooler and dry here this weekend - quite cool for us actually. I'm looking forward to it.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I love the baby quilt, I'm always looking for a quick, easy-to-do pattern. Please enter me in the draw for the GO! cutter. I love making quilts but I'm not a fan of cutting multiple pieces by hand. Thanks!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful and simple design. Your quilt is lovely!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute baby quilt, love the pattern. Just found your blog and am enjoying reading it.

Mama Pea said...

Nice quilt. Very generous of you. Glad you found the elliptical rider. Love your horse. We sold ours and I miss them a lot. Glad you are feeling a little better!

Kath said...

Let's hope it dosent break free of its blocks and you go shooting off down the lane!
Your quilt is very sweet, Im sure it will be a great comfort to a tiny baby.

Kim D. said...

Pretty baby quilt, I'm sure the family will be touched to receive it. Our guild makes premie quilts for a local hospital. I hope the exercise helps.

Unknown said...

A beauty quilt which will be cherished.
Being on the mend from hip surgery, I must say that I cannot wait to get into shape again after 16 months of pain.
I have a stationary bike at the cottage which I will ride daily.
Get fit...will that reduce the hips too?

Betty said...

What a beautiful quilt and a lucky little baby will be getting it. You are so wonderful Micki. Bless You.

Willow

Lilbitbrit said...

Hi Micky,

Thank you for becoming a follower of Lil Bit Brit.

In answer to your question I ran across the book in a thrift shop, it's called "The United States Patchwork Pattern Book" 50 Quilt blocks for 50 States. It was put out by Dover publications and you can just Google it. I think you'll find it on Amazon.

Love the baby quilt.

Christy
Lil Bit Brit

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

mmmmm oat cakes! what a lovely reminder of a tasty treat!
glad you could take that longer walk & the upcoming trip for the ellip.. safe journeys :)

Quiltsmiles said...

Sweet Baby Quilt! Way to go with you embracing this "elliptical" lifestyle. You 've got scads of support here. Jane

Colleen Barnett said...

What a wonderful thing to do with that quilt, Micki. Absolutely lovely