I was just informed by Accuquilt that Designer Sarah Vedeler's quilt "Go Be Dazzled" won first place in the computer aided machine embroidery category“A World of Beauty” annual fall Judged Show of the International Quilt Association.The quilt is stunning, as you can see. I was amazed to read that Sarah cut all of her appliqued pieces with the GO machine. She used the GO Round Flower, Go Funky Flower , GO Stars 2", 3", and 4", GO Heart 2", 3", and 4", GO Feathers, GO Circles, 2", 3", and 5" and GO Diamond dies.She then embellished the quilt using computer aided machine embroidery, which I totally appreciate as I also love utitilizing machine embroidery.
I just thought you would want to see the quilt, and I know that if one had to cut out all of those individual applique pieces, it would take a very long time, and it is doubtful that it would be as accurate as was achieved by Sarah using the GO machine.
Congrats to Sarah!...I am amazed at the intricacy of the quilt...It is truly inspirational!
Congrats to Sarah!...I am amazed at the intricacy of the quilt...It is truly inspirational!
Tomorrow is the big day...I draw the winner of the GO and three dies. I was amazed at how many people have entered...I can see that lots of people are dying to use the GO machine, and after seeing this picture, you can see that there are endless possibilities with the GO. Good luck to the lucky winner, and thanks to all who entered the AccuQuilt Giveaway!
17 comments:
Hi from Australia, Micki. :-)
That quilt is just gorgeous and as you said the possibilities are limitless with the GO! cutter. Like all of the others I am anxiously awaiting the draw. Finger and toes crossed! Bye for now, Sandy.
I have enjoyed looking a the pictures of where you live, it looks beautiful. My parents came here from Scotland when they were children. I have not been able to travel over there yet, but would love to see the "auld Country". :-)
absolutely beautiful example of what could be in store ... :)
amazing quilt!
I saw that quilt and it is so beautiful.
I love the idea that you can cut the pieces and embroider it with your machine. Now if I can just figure out how to use my machine, lol. I got it and the store closed, so no lessons.
Debbie
Wow that quilt does have a lot of detail! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!!!
What a fabulous piece of work. Goodness me!! I am glad it was recognized for the beauty that it is.
That quilt turned out great and she deserves to win first place.
That's an amazing quilt. It would have been a huge help having the cutter, and her the eye for colour and placement is brilliant. Still keeping fingers and toes crossed here too!
Oh my that is beautiful, I can certainly see why it won. That Go cutter would certainly be fun, fun FUN!!
That quilt is amazingly beautiful, she deserved to win.
That quilt is AMAZING! :O
What a beautiful quilt.
What a lovely quilt, it makes the chance of winning a Go Machine even better not that it wasn't before
Thank you for sharing this so all who in the draw can see what can be achieved
Hugs Janice
Dearest Micki! You are so kind to fly over the emerald hillside, across THE POND to come to see me! THANK YOU, and do have a magical weekend! Anita
What a beautiful quilt that is !!!
I love everything about that quilt! Keeping my fingers crossed for your drawing LOL....more local pictures please when you can! fondly, Sandy
I saw that, too. A pretty amazing quilt, huh?
Post a Comment