
Here is another GO giveaway I just found, so please do enter, as I know that a lot of people love and want the GO. Linda over at Lavender Ridge is having the GO giveaway. You have till November 10th to enter.
Also, Mary Wilson, my friend in the Friend's Swap sent me her package and this is all that I got. I loved everything Mary, but my favorite thing was what I called my guardian angel. I have it hanging in a very special spot where I can see it all the time. I hope you get my package soon and it was great fun swapping with you, and thanks again so much!
This morning, we
are off for a longer walk that heads to the dunes that leads to Tramore Beach. We have to go through the forest which connects to the first dune, as I can't go down the first style, nor up the second style that also takes you to the dunes, because of my legs of course. If you are wondering what a style is, here are
some pics. Luckily the forest cuts around the styles and takes you to first dune. I will climb one dune(which you can see in one pic in the distance)...there is a field where the horses usually are right to the left after the first dune climb, and we are hoping that Bobbi is there. He will be at the dunes for the winter, as there are lots of grassy fields, streams, and shelters. I am just hoping he is in the first field, so we can see him. I know I can't get up all of the dunes to check all of the fields. If we find him, we will have some pics of him, but if not, we will just show you the beauty of that walk. This walk eventually leads you to Tramore Beach where can see Tory Island in the distance. Although we have taken this walk over all the dunes, I can't do it now. It is a lovely beach, and it is lovely seeing the Gaelic speaking Tory Island in the distance.We will see what the weather is like, so wish us luck. If it is too bad, we will have to go another day, although Ireland is expecting a major storm on Sunday with high winds, so that day is out for sure.
I do want to give Bobbi his oatcakes and carrots, but we will see if this walk is feasible on a daily basis, or if we have to limit it to once or twice a week, or not at all. I hope we can manage it.
Also, Mary Wilson, my friend in the Friend's Swap sent me her package and this is all that I got. I loved everything Mary, but my favorite thing was what I called my guardian angel. I have it hanging in a very special spot where I can see it all the time. I hope you get my package soon and it was great fun swapping with you, and thanks again so much!This morning, we
some pics. Luckily the forest cuts around the styles and takes you to first dune. I will climb one dune(which you can see in one pic in the distance)...there is a field where the horses usually are right to the left after the first dune climb, and we are hoping that Bobbi is there. He will be at the dunes for the winter, as there are lots of grassy fields, streams, and shelters. I am just hoping he is in the first field, so we can see him. I know I can't get up all of the dunes to check all of the fields. If we find him, we will have some pics of him, but if not, we will just show you the beauty of that walk. This walk eventually leads you to Tramore Beach where can see Tory Island in the distance. Although we have taken this walk over all the dunes, I can't do it now. It is a lovely beach, and it is lovely seeing the Gaelic speaking Tory Island in the distance.We will see what the weather is like, so wish us luck. If it is too bad, we will have to go another day, although Ireland is expecting a major storm on Sunday with high winds, so that day is out for sure.
This will be my first longer walk, but the doctor said I do have to increase my walks, as my body is getting used to the one we usually take. We shall see how it goes.
11 comments:
Thanks for the giveaway link Micki.
Pleased your parcel arrived and you like your Guardian Angel.
Also enjoy going for a walk with you.
What a great things you recieved and I love the photo's !!
I love these pictures! AND the fact that you are walking, more, and that leg is getting stronger (I hope it is)- thanks for the tip about the GO! give away. A friend won one, and gifted it to me, so now I enter- and if I win, I will gift it!! take care, hope the storm is not bad- or just stays away ;) Sandy
What a lovely package you got in the mail! The angel is very sweet.
Thanks for the picture of a "style" I had wondered what it was exactly.
Lovely FRIENDS package you got! Good luck on your walk, too.
I was lucky enough to be given one of Mary's angels a couple of Christmases ago. They are so sweet.
I always love taking a stroll with you.
What a lovely hike you took. That is just beautiful country! I love he steps, I would sit there for hours and just..just...breath.
Lovely swap goodies. Love the photos and you have beautiful places to hike.
btw, our boys, the Springboks are playing against Ireland at Aviva stadium in Dublin tonight. Do you watch the rugby?
Just love the beach....
love your goodies too!!
What a lovely area you have to walk in I love your pics and your swap parcel....I have cross-stitched that bird it's called a Gan Gan Cockatoo.....a beautiful Australian Cocky.
Wow 6 miles over hill and dale with arthritis is very impressive. My DH has arthritis and he doesn't do nearly so well (I don't and neither do I). I'll have to challenge him.
Sorry you didn't get to visit with your horse.
Post a Comment