Saturday, May 28, 2011

Seafood Festival in Dunfanaghy

This weekend is the Seafood Festival in Dunfanagy. As part of the festival, there is an event called busking, which is street entertainment. Many performers perform in the streets and a prize is given to the best performance. Then in all the restaurants, pubs and hotels, there is free seafood given out and live music sessions.

Joe and I went to the pub in Arnold's Hotel, which was giving free seafood canapes out . I had two pints of Heineikens while we listened to a live music session. One of the performers, named Ernin, is a friend of ours, and he was playing the violin and bodhran. With him, was his friend who was playing the guitar. Both of them sang and played, and it was wonderful. We were there almost three hours , and it was packed.


In Ireland pubs, you will see whole families there...Kids were there having a blast. They joined in the performance. Two young girls did an Irish reel while the performers played, and others joined in too. If you never saw an Irish reel, here is a link, so you can see it.

Anyways, if you ever visit here, you must attend a music session. There are tons of them in hotels and pubs all over the country. Our wee village has music sessions all the time on the weekends especially. You just buy some drinks, and you get free entertainment.


Saturday was so much fun! More festivities tomorrow!

15 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That sounds like a lot of fun and lots of seafood too, my kind of party;)

Debbie

Judy S. said...

Sounds like fun! Your fix worked for a while, and then I could only get something to post using "preview"....weird isn't it. Your followers are gone as are lots of others... who knows what's up?

Merilyn said...

Sounds wonderful Micki!!! I do love that sort of entertainment in a pub, especially with good food and drink! I can just imagine the atmosphere, no wonder three hours went passed so quickly!!!

Barb said...

Sounds like a fantastic time....

Wacky Woman said...

Sounds like you had a great time Micki.

webbsway said...

O Wow- talk about a good time for all!

Sandra Henderson said...

Beautiful seafood!~I LOVE your Country!!! and would love to come visit soon. Nice to catch up on your lovely blog tonite... I've been away far too long.

Suzanne said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all!

Needled Mom said...

That sounds awesome and I am sure the seafood is fabulous too.

snore stop said...

Your fix worked for a while, and then I could only get something to post using "preview"....weird isn't it. Thanks for sharing.

Anita said...

Hi Micki, I loved your post about the pub. I have heard that in Ireland the pubs are a family afair and everyone joins in the fun. Love the look of the seafood as well....I love seafood!!! Kind regards, Anita.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Oh how I would love to attend that festival. Sounds wonderful.

Chris H said...

What fun! We have buskers here too... all doing what they do best and asking for money.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh wow! What a fun time that sounds like! And seafood... MMMMMM!

heath quotes said...

I loved your post about the pub. I have heard that in Ireland the pubs are a family afair and everyone joins in the fun.Thank you for bringing such nice posts. Your blog is always fascinating to read.