I was so thrilled when Kelly from I Have a Notion asked me to be a participant in the Beam N Read Blog Hop. I also wanted to thank Bob, the Marketing Director from Beam N Read, who sent me the Beam N Read to try out. Boy do I love it!Let me begin by saying that as I just turned 61, my eyes aren't what they used to be. I began using the Beam N Read while I was sitting in my favorite leather lounge chair. I usually am sewing or crocheting in the evening, and the overhead light just doesn't cut it. The Beam N Read light illuminates perfectly!
What else can I say about the Beam N Read? Lots!
1. It is well built and a solid piece of equipment!
2. The head of the unit pivots up, so you can really adjust the light to the area you are working on, like hand sewing.
3. You can use Beam N Read with your laptop while you are are in bed.
4.It is lightweight to wear around your neck.
5. Far more superior to any head lamp or clip on light.
6. When used with the Kindle, it doesn't cause a glare.
So for all of you crafters, sewers, knitters or crocheters, and avid book readers, this is a must!

I love needleturn applique, and the Beam N Read makes it so easy with the wonderful lighting it provides. For successful needleturn applique, I recommend a good fabric glue like Clover, Reynolds Freezer paper, a stiletto,and of course the Beam N Read!
If you would like to try out a Beam N Read, see Kelly, or you can try to win one by just leaving a comment on this post by telling me you are a follower for one chance, and for a second chance, telling me one way you intend to use the Beam N Read . Two chances to win...how nice is that! The drawing will be on July 1st at 2 PM Irish time, so you have until then to enter.
Please stop by today to visit Jocelyn Pleus, as that will give you another chance to enter and win a Beam N Read.
The participating blogs posting about the quilting light are:
- June 27:
- June 28:
- June 29:
- June 30:
- July 1:
158 comments:
Wow-this is a new product to me and I'm thinking I like it a lot! I do cross stitch in the evenings so thinkg this would be just super.
I am a follower so hope this is the number that is drawn for this giveaway! Thanks
I am already a follower
I love to work outside when the evenings are freshing up like nowadays, so I NEED this beautiful light. Never heard of it. Would love to win!!!!
Hi Im a follower thanks!
I think Id use it for handwork, I also have an ott light and it is hot! Its too hot here in CO for that to be nice. I like wool applique for hand projects and of course sewing on quilt bindings!
I'm glad that this works so well for you Micki as there is nothing worse than struggling with close work. I don't want to be included in the draw as I already have a very good system but wish everyone else the best of luck and will check out the blogs in the blog hop.
Sounds like a 'must have' to me!
So many uses for this light! Cross stitch, embroidery and thread crochet are the first things that come to mind! Awesome :)
I am a new follower, cheers!
I'd like to win one to be able to read on my own - I have always had weak eyesight (glasses from the age of eight) so this would be of practical help.
I follow you on GFC.
Micki this sounds a great idea - I read and crochet a lot in the evenings and living in an old and rather dark house lighting is always an issue (especially as one gets older!!!!)
I'm already a follower!
I am a new follower
I plan to first ensure this light is hidden from my husband and second I plan to use it for embroidery projects while on road trips and for reading in bed.
I have been a follower for sometime! I really enjoy your blog! Thanks for such an informative post! If I don't win I am going to buy a Beam n Read!
I would use my Beam N Read while doing embroidery while watching TV of an evening or reading at midnight!
Thanks to you, Kelly and Bob for such a great giveaway!
Just stopped by to say Hi and give support....wonderful hop!
I am a longtime follower of Irish Muses AND IHAN.
I would use the Beam N Read for sewing and unsewing. I would probably use it for reading also.
What would I do with this GREAT gadget? Well I could stitch or sew at night comfortably as I am getting older my eyes aren't great anymore and I really need a great light like this. Thanks so much for the chance to win.
I think I already follow you - I couldn't see who was at it came out completely blank but I do have your button on my blog and look at yours very very often.
Love
Patti xxx
I think The Beam N Read would be great to take traveling with me. I always take along a bit of handwork for the down times in our trips but the lighting in hotels often leaves a lot to be desired.
I'm a follower :D I love your blog
Well, As I'm about to start two long applique projects, this light will be FANTASTIC since my hand work is all done at night. :D
I also have those over 60 eyes and this product would be wonderful. I am also a follower so 2 chances are great.
When watching tv in the evenings we don't like a lot of lights on so the Beam n Read wood be perfect solution that would allow me to stitch while 'watching' tv. Thanks for the opportunity to enter your giveaway.
Good Morning, I followed the light..it led me here. wink...
Just being a cheerleader and since I now have one of these Beam N Read...I guess I will be passing on your giveaway...Kelly said I can't win again....great post!
I am a follower! thanks for the review
I would love to use this up at our cottage in the low light! thanks again!
Wow! This looks like a very wonderful tool, and I would love to use it to read in bed at night!
Definitely be using it for my Redwork embroidery - which I do a lot of. Wonderful opportunity and giveaway. Judy C in NC thanks you
Sign me up again - I am a follower. Judy C in NC
I am a follower and have been for some time.
I would use this when I embroider. The old eyesight isn't what it used to be.
I am a follower.. I do so know what you mean about the eyes and age. One day I could see just fine.. and it seemed like over night I needed bifocals. And now, boo.. even those don't allow me to thread a needle like I used to. It would be wonderful if it was just the lighting that would make it so I could do the job better.. I would certainly like to "see".
Have always followed and would love to have better light! My eyes have a few years on yours, and it's so important! I'd use it when I'm not in my sewing room, in an effort to get things done while not sequestered in another part of the house from my husband. :)
I would love to have this light. I would use it when I am cross stitching in the evening. My eyes would love me for using this light. Thanks for the giveaway.
A Beam N Read would be just wonderfull for any of the things I need my reading glasses for. And I need them for almost anything! As I work most days, my quilting and reading are all done at night.
I just signed up to be a follower.
I subscribed to your blog. Thanks for the giveaway!
I would use this light to work at the computer, read, sew, and while traveling. Thanks for the giveaway!
Love the idea of this product! I would use it for all my hand work in the evenings...no idle hands here. Thanks!
I would use it for my applique work
The beam and read would be perfect for me, as it is for you, basically for the same reasons. I am making a Christmas stocking for my new grandson with tiny cross-stitches and I really need better light for it than usual. We are traveling in our camper, which doesn't have the best light for close work. Thanks for the chance!
I am now a follower of your blog!
My ole eyes are what they used to be either so THANKS for the giveaway!
I am a follower, Micki.
I love doing hand work too and can definitely see using these with my old eyes - even older than yours!!!
I'm a follower. Been getting your updates via e-mail, though. So nice to be a follower too.
I'd love to win this light. Like you, I'm 58-years old and my eyesight has needed a bit of help. I've been wearing glasses since I was in grammar school, so it's been a long, long time. Having this as part of my sewing room would be awesome! I don't have room on the table next to the sewing machine for a table lamp, and there's no available floor space for a floor lamp, so this would help illuminate my sewing area. And you even gave me another idea - my nook! It doesn't have backlight, so this would be an awesome use for the Beam N Read. Thanks for the opportunity to participate in your giveaway.
Hi Micki,
I told you I would come around and try for it.
I am a follower
Micki, I would use it to read in bed. lol. and when sitting on the couch to hand sew.
Micki ~ I have been a follower for quite a while ~ I LOVE Ireland and all your pictures
Micki ~ I would use the Beam N Read while I am working on my hand applique
I have been a follower of your blog for quite awhile. I would definitely be using the beam n read to work on my applique. I love to applique but sometimes can't because of the surrounding light issues (as in not enough) so it would be wonderful to be able to shine my light just where I need it. Thank you for the chance to win one!
I'm following you - this has to be one of the best notions ever! Thanks for the giveaway.
I don't have the proper lighting for some reason to do handwork and haven't been able to fix it all. This would help me so much in working on more things in the evening or on dark days.
I'm a follower of your blog.
vail in tn
With such a great product I could sew my hexies all through the night.
I would use this to do handwork in the evening while watching TV. It would be great for reading out on the patio in the evenings too. Thanks for the chance to win.
I'm a new follower
I want this for when I'm sewing hexies at night and camping
Awesome tool! I love the fact that it can be adjusted to different angles! Thanks for the chance to win!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com
Sounds like something I could use, I have horrible lighting in my house. I tend to like it darker, so not good for crafts. Would be great for reading in bed too;)
Debbie
I am a follower!
Debbie
Grrr....blogger is not letting me follow! Oh well, I could sure use this for my hand quilting!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com
What a neat product. I know what you mean about eyes changing after a 'certain' age. I'm feeling lucky! Carline
Follower -
My favorite spot to hand sew has no good lighting - this would make it much easier to sew in the evenings!
Sounds like a great product. I'm a follower. I would use this beam and read for lots of things, as my 72 year old eyes really need help. Thanks for the chance.
I've been a follower for quite some time now.
The Beam N Read looks perfect for doing x-stitching. Instead of using 14-count, I could be using 18-count with this light. Also sounds great for any type of applique.
This is really fun!!! I always love meeting new people adn their blogs!!!!!!!!!
I am also 61 and need a lot more light to do just about anything. I would use this light in the evenings when I work on embroidery. Thanks for the chance to win a light.
I am a follower. Thanks again.
I have not heard of this product but it sure sounds wonderful , I have trouble seeing properly at night to sew and this would be perfect .
I am a follower !
Mickie, I'm new to your blog, but plan on following you. Thank you for giving me a chance to enter for the light. I sounds like something a lot of us could use. I enjoy crocheting,doing hand-work, crafting and reading in the evenings. The lighting is just not that great. The winter is the worst. Thanks for the giveaway.
It would free me up to applique where ever I wanted.
If I am so fortunate as to win this Beam N Read it will become a Beam N Sew. Many times, day and night, I need more light to hand sew, baste hexies, or embroider. My Beam N Sew will light the way from needle to hands!
I am a follower now Micki. I've been a reader for a long time but hadn't clickedon that 'follower' button until now.
I would use this Beam N Read on a daily basis! I LOVE this after first seeing it the other day. My sewing room has a few dark areas and when in those, I have bad shadows that are cast onto things I am trying to read. This would be perfect since I won't have to pull the flashlight out anymore and hold that in my mouth in order to read. Yes, sadly, I am totally serious. My fabric closet is also very dark and trying to search in there and hold that small flashlight in my mouth at the same time is not easy. This light would be just awesome in helping me see inside that closet area.
While I love my sewing machine and would never get rid of it (fingers crossed), the lighting isn't the best. So I think that light would light my way when I sew! Sounds super.
It sounds like "The Beam N Read" would be a dream come true for night sewing with tired squinty eyes. Count me in, thanks! ;>
I'm a new follower! ;>
What an awesome giveaway. Thanks for the oppportunity to win a Beam N Read
I intend to use this while quilting or sewing.
How much fun to find a retired teacher in Ireland. I just retired after 40 years in elementary school/23 years were in Special Ed. Now I'm ready to have some quilting fun and do some traveling. I'm following you now and I'm going to use the Beam N Read to give my eyes a rest when I do hand stitching.
I know this is a product that I have been looking for for a long time because as I get older I have a hard time seeing to applique and so cross stitch especially at night. I really need one of these.
I am a new follower! Thank you for participating in this exciting giveaway!
I would use this light to be able to see to embroider in the evening while watching tv!
I'm now one of your followers! I used to hand stitch in the evenings, but had to stop over a year ago because I needed more light and the ones that I had just weren't good enough. So if I win, I will be able to go back to hand piecing my Jinny Beyer "Columbia" quilt as well as some hand applique projects. Thanks!
Thanks for the chance to win one of these great lights. Love your needle turn applique...and not easy to do.
What would I do if I won the light?
Use it every night while sitting in my chair watching tv. I like to do all kinds of handwork and right now I'm knitting some cotton dishcloths, but also like to do hand embroidering.
Thanks for the 2nd chance too.
I definitely need one of these! I'm always sewing while we watch movies otherwise I fall asleep. It would also come in very handy when we go camping in our VW bus. I never have enough light to sew by in the bus.
I'm a follower and would love to win one of these! I do hand sewing and it would be nice...plus I have a Nook and could use it when I read! Thanks so much! ♥
I'm now a follower of your blog. Thanks for the give-away. (I had the privilege of visiting your beautiful country a few years ago. My brother-in-law and his wife live in Dalkey.)
If I am the lucky one, I would use the Beam N Read while doing hand sewing or reading. My eyes are 72 years old and need all the help they can get!
Hi, Micki! I've been walking thru the countryside via your blog for almost a year now...I love it when you post pics of your villages, water, and most especially, your horses! You always manage to make me smile, no matter what else is going on, so thank you!! :)
Hey, I'm back for another chance to win the Beam n Read...
IF I can keep it out of Driver's hands & off his neck, I'll use it for sewing - especially when Jack the Ripper comes to visit and reading in bed. I'm somewhat of an insomniac, but I can't read in bed without disturbing Driver, so this should help us both! Thanks for the great giveaway!
I'm a new follower! :)
I'm working on a lot of applique at night (and my aging eyes need all the light I can get)!
I'd use it to read at night, and take it to the cabin on the lake where the lighting is nil to none!
Im a follower!! =)
I would use it for handwork while camping and in bed. =)
I'm already a follower!
I would love to use this in the evening on the patio ...it would be perfect!
I'm a follower. I'd love to win the light! :)
I'd use it for stitching around Applique and hand quilting.
Wow, I would love to live in Ireland! Didnt know about you until now but will follow you. I would use the Beam N Read light for appliquing at night on the sofa.
What a great product, I would love to win. I am already a follower.
I would use the Beam N Read for my hand stitching, for bead work and also for reading. Thanks for the chance Micki.
I am a follower and love your posts.
I have noticed that I am not seeing as good as I used to either, so maybe it might help me also.
Hi Micki, I'm a follower.
I would use this in the evening when the light is dim and it is difficult to see my hand sewing.
This looks great! I'm a new follower :)
I really enjoy sitting on the sofa doing applique or embroidery in the evenings, but don't really have great light where I sit (which I should!) so this would definitely come in handy!
I am a follower and I would use the new product to do my hand quilting! I am always on the lookout for a good light source!!Thankyou for the opportunity to be a winner!
I love to to all sewing, knitting, crochet and the most cross stitiching, so it will be nice that one of this super things come here to me in old Mittell Europe. Have a nice day, dear Micky. With Love Loredana
I'm the follower. Loredana
I am a follower of both you and Kelly. As you know i live on an island, and often our electricity goes out. If the local guys can't sort it, we have to wait for a boat to bring men over from Kirkwall and that can take hours (the last time eight hours!). I hate not being able to sew and read when I want to, so this gadget would be ideal.
This light looks fantastic. The more I see of it the more I want it. Thanks for the chance!
This light looks like it would be so helpful. I am a follower.
I would use this light for wool applique. Most of the wool I work with is pretty dark so I need lots of light. It would be so helpful. Thanks for the chance.
I would use this light for hand applique and hand quilting--I'm 61 also and even with new eyeglasses I find that making those tiny stitches is getting more difficult to do. Thanks very much.
I'm a follower. I've been to visit you quite often in the past. Thanks for the chance to win this great light.
I am a follower.
I do handquilting en stitching in the evenings by the TV. I have never seen it before.
I just subscribed to your blog. I would like the light because I too am in my 60's and I love to sit and stitch at night, applique and embroidery. Thanks
I am a follower!
How would I use it? Probably most doing hand quilting at night! I never have enough light to hand quilt - especially in the winter when it gets dark by 5pm! But I would also use it for my kindle and binding and applique...
I am a follower through GFC.
I would use this while doing embroidery or hand quilting. Thanks for a chance to win!
I love needle turn applique too. I'm going to visit MJ next week in PA....the gal I call the "Master"...I'm going to sit with the Master as I start a new applique project. I have to find a fun pattern and fabric...all within the next 24 hours. Good think I own a Beam N Read because I may be up in the middle of the night still packing :)
Smiles,
Kelly
Hi Micki, I'm a follower!
I'd love to have this light so I can knit at the computer.
I'm a new follower. Thanks for the chance to win.
I do a lot of counted cross-stich. Late at night those little X's get pretty hard to see, LOL.
I am a follower a
what a great product..
Wow is that the neatest lil thing oh how that would help reading and threading my needles
I am a follower :)
I would love it for my embroidery, sometimes it is hard to see where the pattern line is :)
I am a follower....
I tend to see what I am doing better if there is light directly on the object...so I would get a lot of use out of this...thanks for the giveaway...
I am a follower. Thank you for participating in this fun hop. I love reading how others use the light.
I'd use the light on camping trips when finding time to cross stitch during my son's nap time, and not have to turn any lights on in the cabin :)
Thanks for the review. This looks like just what the ophthalmologist ordered for my needle turn applique sessions. Thanks for the chance to win.
I enjoyed your blog, and am now a follower.
Having struggled last night to carry on doing some redwork, I realise that something like this light would make the world of difference.
I am excited to be a new follower!!
I would use the very cool light to apllique wool projects!
I am a new follower...# 642.
I would use the light for my embroidery and quilt bindings the most…but I also knit, crochet. I would love to win one of these lights as these 61 year old eyes are not what they used to be. I really like that there is no heat from the LED bulbs and it’s sEw portable. Thanks for the chance to win a Beam n Read!…(o:
I am a follower.
lsandes@comcast.net
Wow what a great light. I could use it every night that I get a chance to do my embroidery work or when I need more light by my sewing machine.
lsandes@comcast.net
Post a Comment