
Today is my birthday! I was born on Father's Day, but this is not the year that the two days are celebrated at once. My dad reminded me each and every year that I was the best gift he ever got. He would sit me on his lap and tell me the story about how I was born on Father's Day. It was always so special to me when he did that. I wish that he was here so I could hear the story from him again, but I will always remember it in my heart.
Joe and I are planning a great day! We are starting off with a wonderful Irish breakfast at one of the coffee shops on our main street. Then lots of fun planned afterwards. He bought me a Nintendo 3DS and two games for my birthday. I know...I am a kid at heart,and today I get to see what all the 3D hype is about. Also, Dougal is part of my gift, even though he is not here yet , and he is definitely the best gift ever!
I will tell you that I am 61 today. Age is relative anyways, and I have always been such a kid. Joe always tells me that is one of the reasons he loves me.
I love birthdays, so I am looking forward to today! Thanks for the well wishes that I received this morning when I woke up on Facebook! I do appreciate all the Happy Birthday wishes from good friends!
62 comments:
Happy birthday, Micki! Enjoy your birthday weekend!
Hi Micki,
May this day bring to you all things that make you smile.
Happy Birthday!!!
hugs Kerstin
I wish your a wonderful Birthday Micki!!! You and Joe deserve a great day together! you have had a few health challenges over recent times, lets hope they will be few and far between over future years! Afterall you have your special furry brood to care for!!!! Take care the two of you!!! Happy Birthday from Downunder!!!
Happy Birthday Micki.
I hope you had a wonderful day with Joe.
So, that must mean that I'm 61 two weeks today Micki, have a great day and let Joe spoil you....
Lizzie
xxx
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICKI! Sounds like you have a fun day planned.
Happy Birthday Micki!
Have a great day
Another Happy Birthday to you, Micki! Methinks Joe spoils you. Ha ha.
Your Father was very lucky!!
A very very happy birthday...I see that you already got your wee gift.
have a happy and great year!!
Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday, Micki! and many more!!
Well An Irish "brekky" would have to be a fry up, wouldn't it?
I would go for the bacon, eggs, tomato, black pudding,toast etc.:)
Yes your little Dougal would have to be the best present!! just as my little Ralphy was, for my birthday in "96- I will never forget him, or how happy I was that day. Your day won't be complete without some chocolate, I guess, or are you both out for a bit of craic- sorry if I spelled it wrong! Anyway I hope this is your very best birthday! Hugs from across the seas, Sandy,
Happy Birthday!! Hope your day is fabulous!!!
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Happy birthday Micki. I hope you have been having a great day. Enjoy your weekend.
Happy Birthday girlfriend and may Joe enjoy all your fun too!Can't wait to see more pics of your new addition. Many hugs, Marie
Happy Birthday, Micki. Have a good one!
Happy Birthday Micki!
Wishing you many more years and lots of love to fill those years.
Happy Birthday Micki!! I hope your day is wonderful.
Happy Birthday Micki!!
Have a wonderful day with Joe. :)
Well, from one big kid at heart to another, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICKI!!!!!! Have fun with your new games. I used to LOVE my Atari games, until it broke. Sniff, sniff.. I'm still trying to recover from that. (0; I tried to buy another inexpensive generic video game of some sort, but my room to play was too small, so I actually had to return it! WAH!! I want my Atari back! Loved Pac Man and Space Invaders!.. Enjoy your day today, and have some extra cake for me!!! ((hugs)) ~tina
Happy, Happy Birthday Micki!
Happy Day!! Hope it is wonderful. I never figure anyone is a year older, just a day dearer!
Happy Birthday Micki. I hope that you have a great day.
♪ ♫ HaPpY bIrThDaY mIcKi!! ♫ ♪
I have more than a few years on you, but think we may be "kid at heart" soulmates. I can't imagine a more wonderful gift than Dougal either, so your birthday will go on.
Have a wonderful extended birtheday!
Happy Birthday, Micki!
Have a very very beautyfull day, enjoy it and let Joe spoil you a lot!
Greetings from Germany!
Katrin :0))
Have a wonderful day...you deserve it!!!
Sending you best wishes for a fabulous Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday and many more!!!!
Happy, happy birthday, Micki. May the year ahead be filled with many blessings.
Happy, happy birthday, Micki and wishing you many more!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRISH GIRL AT HEART! 61! I was 64 in May. What happened to all those years? Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your new toy!
Happy, Happy Birthday!
I hope this is the best birthday ever1 Happy Birthday. Enjoy it to the hilt. I;ll bet you can't wait to get that little puppy in your lap. Carline
As we would say in Hawaii
Hau'oli la hanau!
A very Happy Birthday to you!
I have never played a 3d game, I tend to get lost in the new ones, my brain doesn't work with those, lol.
Debbie
From one Irish girl to another, have a splendid birthday!!!
Oh, Happy Day to you!!! You should have Joe talk to my hubby, Steve. I'd LOVE to have one of those 3D games!!!
Happy birthday Micki! And happy father's day too.
Happy Birthday, Micki! I hope you and Joe have a wonderful day together.
Happy Birthday! It sounds like you have been showered with fabulous gifts. While they all sound wonderful, I think Joe is the best gift you ever got. Enjoy your special day. I hope it is just the beginning of a wonderful year.
Happy Birthday Micki!!!! Have an enjoyable and fantastic birthday month!!! Not just a weekend! LOL!
Oh, Micki! Hope you had a wonderful birthday. I love birthdays too and think they should last a month, at least. You day sounds wonderful. Have a great year.
Happy Birthday! And have fun playing your new Nintendo 3DS :-)
Hope you had a happy and fun birthday. What a cute puppy you are going to receive.
Happy Birthday for yesterday Micki. Hugs
Birthday Greetings! I'm sure Joe made sure you had a wonderful day!
Happy birthday, Micki. I hope you had lots of fun :-))
Happy birthday!
Its great to be a kid at heart- You see the joy and continue to be curious about things in life.
Celebrate and have fun- Wishing you a fantastic birthday and wonderful year!
Regards, Anna
Happy Birthday! Have a great birthday weekend!
Happy Birthday. Congratulations on 61 great years.
Oh Dear Sweet Amazing and Wonderful Micki.....
Happy Birthday!!!
I know you and Joe will have a wonderful day together and your fathers words will ring in your ears and you enjoy this day.
Hugs,
Kelly
Micki, I don't know which I am more excited about - your birthday or Dougal????? But , they do go together don't they.
I just had to let you know that I will be 61 my birthday too! I will enjoy it twice as much knowing I am sharing it with you. LOL
I hope you had a wonderful day! I know your very favorite gift was spending such a wonderful day with your beloved.
Happy Birthday Micki! Drag your celebration out as long as possible.....grin.
Billie in TX
Oh Happy, Happy Birthday Micki!!! And guess what? I just found out my daughter is getting a new puppy tomorrow! 4 months old Black Lab Blue Heeler mix. She is so excited!
Happy belated birthday Micki,I hope you had a great day :) Barb.
Happy Birthday Micki ! I'm sorry that I missed to congrat you on to days ago :o)
Happy Birthday, Micki (belatedly). I read your blog every post but have been away from the computer for a bit. Hope it was special.
It is so nice to hear so many lovely stories about lovely Fathers. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY... belatedly.
A very happy belated birthday to you, Micki!!!
How lovely that must have been to hear the story from your father every birthday. Such sweet memories.
And, congratulations to your lovely sweet puppy. What a darling he is. He will bring lots of joy and happiness in your home (o:
Happy Birthday!
I'm a bit late but I know you had a great time!
Post a Comment