Monday, June 6, 2011

Artistic Inspiration


I have been busy with my watercolor painting. I am doing Native American Indians. As you know, I taught at a Navajo reservation in Arizona many years ago, and I so enjoyed my experiences there. I love making art journals and paintings, especially portraits of Indians . I do enjoy capturing their expressions, as they always so impressed me. I was so inspired by the Indian culture, and I do miss teaching at times. I was a good teacher ,and I truly loved teaching children and seeing their excited faces when they read and discussed literature.
I will never forget my time with them, and although I do not use the name they gave me, I enjoyed being called "Oh Be Joyful". Sometimes,when things get rough, as sometimes life is, it is a good reminder that I must keep on being joyful and just try to smile. Back then, I didn't have much to smile about, but now I am lucky that I am blessed with so much.
Just wanted to share a bit of my art and thoughts with you.

Joe and I are still enjoying our walks together. If you ever visit Ireland, you will see that there is much artistic inspiration here in our beautiful scenery.
Hope you have a wonderful day, and that you find time to enjoy a walk too.

By the way, our wee village of Dunfanaghy has two art galleries opened on our main street, both rather different in character, but really neat places to visit.

23 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful painting, I should get out my paints and play around. Love this time of year for walks, but the temps are going up again, so hoping the pool warms up fast.

Debbie

Monica said...

Fabulous!

My husband and I collect Native American art. I haven't ever seen anyone capture them in watercolor before...just fantastic!

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful Micki. You definitely captured the Native American spirit. Great job.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Wacky Woman said...

Beautiful Oh be Joyful. Just beautiful.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my word... LOVE your beautiful painting, Micki! My gosh, your talents know no boundries, do they?!! Can't wait to see more, if and as you continue to do them!.. As for walks, yes, Dear Son and I love going for walks with the dog, as often as we can. We're so appreciative of the nice weather, but the heat can really put a damper on things. The dog cannot tolerate walks when it gets TOO hot out, and I hear the temps are on the rise again; so right now, I'm just going to try to get whatever walks and baking in that I can, while I can!.. Have a great day! ~tina

Judy S. said...

What a lovely painting, Micki. At first glance, I thought it was Chief Sealth (Seattle). You are so talented in so many ways!

Barb said...

You are sooo talented...love your painting.

Sparky said...

YOU are quite good with your brushes...The SPIRIT you can see it...wow!

Kim D. said...

Wow your painting is just beautiful! It sounds like you had a great experience teaching the native americans. What part of AZ did you reside?

Jan said...

I too love native American culture ,your picture is very good captures the character of the man you was painting ,Its been pouring with rain here today ,so I went out wearing the hat I bought in Killarney some years ago ,cos the Irish know all about rain lol....love Jan xx

Barb said...

Your Native American painting captures the essence of the personality of the people.
Wonderful!

Joy said...

Micki your painting is fabulous ... is there no end to your talents!!??! :o)
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

What a beautiful painting! I'm glad to see you are back to doing your creative things after healing up.

Linda said...

Wow Micki! Another MichaelAngelo

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your watercolor is just wonderful! There is no end to your talent.

Pat from Florida said...

Great painting. I can tell how much you were influenced at that time of your life.

Judee said...

Love that watercolor! We enjoy walking every morning too.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MICKI!!! I DID NOT KNOW YOU PAINTED, and so WELL!! BRAVO DEAREST and thank you for visiting me today! Yes, Paris is always a splendid idea, isn't it? I hope you are having good weather.....we are having a killer heat wave here and I am staying INSIDE where the air conditioning is!

Happy day, Anita

Gloria said...

They wisely named you, your life is full of happy moments. Enjoyed your painting!

webbsway said...

Dear Friend,
I am so grateful to see you able to create Once again. You of all people seem to know that when you are creating - it feels good in our soul.

Merilyn said...

How nice to remember your previous teaching experiences and recall what you cherished in your artwork!!!

Gene Black said...

I love the painting. Great job with the watercolors.

♥Duff said...

Oh my but you're an amazing and multi-talented little lady! I love the way you have the prominent bone structure of a Native American so perfectly captured.