"Desperate Housewives", etc. I haven't sewn them together yet, and have to do it in a certain pattern to form the handbag, but at least you get to see the hexagons. One of the hexagons is not one that I made. Someone sent it to me, so
I am including it in the bag . It's the one that hasn't got a flower in the center.I have been working on some art journal pages, as I will be presenting an art journal at the galley. Here is a sample of what I am doing. I am so glad to be back to my art work as I enjoy art journaling so much. I am a bit nervous about getting in front of people and speaking about my work, but I will do it..
Other than that, Joe and I continue to take long walks in the morning each day. We are so lucky to live near such beautiful hill walks, and today we walked on the beach, and had the whole beach to ourselves. Our beach is a remote beach and rarely has more than just a few people walking there. Hope your week is going well!
14 comments:
Your hexies are looking great, Micki, as is your art journal. You will do a fabulous job on your presentation.
Glad that you are back blogging again and enjoying your walks.
Can hardly wait to see the bag.
Love the hexies and your journal looks wonderful. You'll do a great job!
so good to have you back and able to sew.
Love how you made a flower in the middle of your hexies, really nice idea. And I really love your journal page, truly beautiful and inspiring.
Debbie
Your artwork is fabulous and I'm sure you'll do fine speaking in front of the class. Count up all the students you have stood before in your career and compare them to the small number in the present class and it will be a piece of cake. Carline
Great hexies-hexies are such a good hand sewing project but don't do too much at first-take it slow!
So glad you're all better, Micki! That's a neat way to use hexies. Did you see my stash buster blocks?
Welcome back, and hexies are cool. Regards. Loredana
I have no doubt that you'll be able to speak very eloquently about your art. It'll all come from your heart!
O Mickie !
How Totally Beautiful your art journal is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It captured my heart and let my spirit soar.
I loved the piece of advice that Lady of the Cloth gave you about your students and the effect they have on you. That is so true!
Hope Joe does not feel "left out" now that you can do your own writing. :) How wonderful that you two have the gift that you have.
All my life I have heard the phrase - when the student is ready - the teacher will come. I whined and complained because I did not realize that the hard times I went through were really the teacher that I had to learn from at that time - so - finally when a good teacher came by way of the car accident - I could hardly believe it. I may just be prejudiced, but - I love the good lessons so much better!!!!!!!!!! :)
Hi
Just to say I am glad you like living here. I came across your blog while browsing. I just started quilting. I love all the American Crafts and have been to the US After the first time I went I was hooked!!! I have a webshot page http://community.webshots.com/user/Irishchick57 You can see all the goodies I stuff into my suitcases. Rosemary
Oh Micki....today is one of those days where I sit in my kitchen reading your blog and dreaming of going for a walk with you and Joe....to see the beauty....the peace....and to steal those hexagons....sorry to ruin the wonderful walk....but a girl has to do what a girl has to do!
Kelly
Your hexagons look great! I love doing a bit of hand sewing while watching TV. I have a hard time just sitting and watching a movie or show. I'm always surprised at just how much I can get done in an hour or two. Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment