Hello all! I want to thank you for the wonderful emails I have been getting. My hand is healing, but I still have to rest it a bit more. I have been reading a wonderful series called the Shenandoah Series written by Emilie Richards. These are books that include quilting in them, and they even have quilts you can do based on the books. I just finished Wedding Ring, which was very enjoyable, and I already started the next book in the series. I have read tons of quilting magazines, taken long walks with Joe each day,and have been reading blogs too so I could keep up on all that was happening with you all. It's wonderful to see all the wonderful creations.

Then, something interesting happened. A local artist, who lives near us, stopped Joe who was walking back home from the shop and asked him about my art work.Yes, word got around that I paint....Remember, this is a small village. LOL
I landed up taking my art journal to his home.... I went with Joe of course. You should have seen his home...a real artist's house. He told me that he will be opening another art gallery in our village. That will make the third gallery in our village. He asked me to show my Native American work, and he wanted me to give a talk on my experiences teaching on the Navajo Reservation. I am going to do a larger pastel painting of an Indian when my hand is better to take to the event in addition to my journal work, so that will be fun.
I will be happy to get back to my sewing , journaling and painting too. I have missed it all!
Joe and I will be going to Tory Island in June, and then we are planning to do some traveling around our Donegal County , and then begin seeing Ireland. If you remember, we were thinking of doing it, but we were only in the planning stage. My legs have not been great after the fall, but we decided that we really need to just do it....Now is the time! I guess it has to do a bit with the fact that someone I knew well died at age 63...It made me think that Joe and I both really need to just go ahead with our travelling plans, but also spend it together doing what we always wanted to do. I had a bad year last year with the shingles and fall as you all know, and now this sprain, so it got me thinking that we need to make the most of each and every day.Anyways, I also saw this really neat show on tv about three men who went by boat around Ireland. One of them is the famous comedien named Dara O' Brian. They took a great trip around Ireland, and boy did it show off how pretty Ireland is. There are clips of the show that I am including, if you want to take a gander.I think it is coming on dvd, and if it does, it is a good way to get a tour of Ireland. Anyways, here is the link: http://www.ovguide.com/tv_episode/three-men-go-to-ireland-season-1-episode-2-1950791 You will have to click on the two pics at the bottom of the page called 3 Men in a Boat and Ireland by Canal and River. You will see some really pretty scenes of Ireland in these clips. I guess that the show also inspired us to start our travelling.
Finally, I got one more OWOH prize that was finally sent two months later. Here it is, and I wanted to thank Shaz from Simply Shaz for sending it. I also got a leprechaun on a shamrock from a friend. How sweet is that! Thanks to both of you!


Well, I have done enough chit chat for this post...Joe's getting tired of typing. LOL
23 comments:
Glad that your wrist is mending but honestly, your secretary is doing an excellent job :o)
Take care..
Lizzie
xxx
Hope that your secretary is free of charge, if not you'll probably must "sell" a lot of your of your nice works. Regards. Loredana
I am glad your wrist is healing nicely and that you got asked to show at the gallery. I can't wait to see what you create.
Debbie
Joe has been such a sweetheart by typing your posts for you. I truly appreciate it.
Glad to hear your wrist is starting to heal. Congratulations on having your work shown! Quite an honor.
I agree about not waiting to do your traveling. If you and Joe having been talking about it for awhile it might just be time. I am trying to do the things my Husband and I have discussed instead of just dreaming about them. You never know when you won't be able to do certain things anymore.
Pleased your wrist is healing. Thanks for keeping us in the loop Joe by typing foe Micki.
What a delight to be asked to show art. Well Done.
How fun to show your art! Congratulations! Your hubby is a wonderful typist, and I'm glad to read you are healing. Have a good day!
O Mickie- how exciting to be envolved with your art-work !
Thank you, so much Joe - for keeping us in the "loop" with your beautiful wife.
I am trying to do the things my Husband and I have discussed instead of just dreaming about them. You never know when you won't be able to do certain things anymore.
Hi Micki and Joe, I so love to read about what is happening over there!
You know, both my parents came from Scotland as youngsters, met and married here in Australia. My Dad's name in Gaelic means " son of the tonsured one" and as they had their clan castle" Sween" on the south west coat, I have really thought that maybe they came from Ireland, good swimmers or a wee boat, Hey? LOL. then there's me- Love my taties and black pudding!!!
I would love to visit your beautiful green Island one day! That is great about the gallery, Micki! Keep healing, and stay happy both of you! Hugs from sandy in Australia!
VERY cool about showing your art!! Congrats! Hope you get better fast, and thanks to Joe for taking on the task of typing!! lol!!
Oh Micki! How very exciting about your art.. it is wonderful art, and deserves to be on display far and wide.. I love it so! Congratulations!! Big hugs to you!!
Thanks to Joe for his great secretarial skills!! Glad to hear you are doing better, and congrats on your art. I can't wait to see them! Hugs!!
Pam
Happy to hear your wrist is healing. Also great news about showing your art. You are truly a very talented Lady.
Oh what a hoot that movie is. It got me even more in the mood for traveling. Thank you for posting it. Is the Wedding Ring book the first in the series? I am in need of another good read as I'm nearly finished the book Im reading. Congratulations on your new art adventure. I'm very impressed! Keep healing. Joe, keep up the good work as Micki's scribe. Carline
I'm left wondering how long it took Joe to type all that! If it was my hubby it would have been hours.. he's a two finger typist.... lol!
I say go for it and do your travelling NOW... you never know what is around the corner.
How lovely for you with the talk & art, yes i agree don't put off what you can do today as they say we never know what is around that corner.
I hope that you soon be fully recovered & can start to use your hand again, that said Joe is doing a great job of keeping your blog up to date & like to thank him so we are not wondering how you are doing by him doing this well take care
Hugs Janice
Some lovely things to look forward to!
Have fun planning and have a great weekend!
Glad to hear your mending well. What fun to have your painting recognized! Way to go girl!
I am so glad that you are better and you are absolutely right. Make plans and travel!!!!!!!
You and Joe having been talking about it for awhile it might just be time. I am trying to do the things my Husband and I have discussed instead of just dreaming about them. You never know when you won't be able to do certain things anymore.
Micki, that show has just recently been shown in Australia. I loved it! It's a great advertisement for how beautiful and friendly the whole country is. Well done on having your art in the gallery. Hope your hand gets better soon. A special thanks to your wonderful typist!
Wow!!!!! Congratulations, my dear, you must be proud of yourself! Happy to know that you are healing and..... I agree... all of us, we have to do the most of each and every day!!!
Take care and congratulations on your excellent typist/secretary!!!! Clara.
Keep up the good writing!
Post a Comment