Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Bag is Finished and A Lovely Spring Day

I finished my hexie bag...all done by hand....It took me a while, as I had to make sure that the seams were sewn securely, and when you do it by hand, it is a slow process. I put red, leather handles on the bag, as all of the flowers for the various hexies are red.




Spring is officially here in County Donegal. The sheep and lambs are happily grazing in the fields, there is lots of green everywhere, and the sea is mild and calm. We will be taking our walk today after lunch. I was busy finishing up the bag, so we didn't take our usual walk in the morning.

Enjoy your weekend! I will be posting a Star of the Month tomorrow and then another one in two weeks. I am loving getting to know all the quilters through their interviews and work.

Keep smiling!

27 comments:

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Your hexie bag is just beautiful!! The leather handles are perfect for it... well done on making yourself such a beautiful bag.

Your spring has sprung and here we are waiting for our winter.... much cooler tonight and we had a cold and rainy afternoon - perfect for quilting:-)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your bag is lovely and the countryside in which you live is gorgeous. We have dust today so everything is dreary and drab. Wishing you a wonderful day. Tammy

Gene Black said...

The leather handles add a really nice contrast to the bag.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your bag is lovely! The red handles are the perfect finishing touch.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Your bag is just beautiful. I am allergic to sewing by hand (hahaha). It is lovely and so are your landscape photographs.
Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)

Maggie R said...

Hi Micki,
I haven't been for awhile, sorry about that... Life just seems to get in the way..
I just LOVE your hexagon bag...
Quite an undertaking doing it by hand but totally worth it...
Love the RED handles too.
Thanks for sharing....
I'm still pooped out from staying up all night watching the royal wedding... It was wonderful..
My quilting friends and I had "High Tea" in their honor.
What fun.
Will post pics later this week but I am off to be part of the Studio Tour for 2 days..
Catch you later..
xcoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Wacky Woman said...

Great bag Micki. Looks like a wonderful spring.

Marie said...

Love the hexie bag especially the red handles. So glad your feeling so much better and can get out and roam the beautiful countryside. Have a great week-end. HUgs, Marie

Tonya said...

Your bag looks lovely. Joe did a wonderful job while you were recuperating, but I'm so glad you are back! Enjoy your weekend!

Di said...

I love the red flowers on your hexes - such a great contrast to the darker colours - and I agree with everyone else that your red handles are sensational. So glad you are back in form :-))

Carol said...

Gorgeous.
I'm helping a friend learn to sew by repairing a quilt top her grandmother made. All hand stitched.

Beansieleigh said...

Well now, if you know me well enough, then you know how much I love handbags! LOVE how yours came out! Pretty pattern and colors.. Beautiful work, and very pretty to wear, wherever you go, whatever you do!! Your scenic photos of Ireland are beautiful... sigh.. I can see why walks are so wonderful there.. Enjoy your weekend Micki! We're supposed to have a nice one here, and I'm definitely looking forward to it! ~tina

WoolenSails said...

Your bag came out beautifully, wonderful idea for hexies. Love your views, would love to take walks there, today we might do one at the falls.

Debbie

Judee said...

Very nice work! Love the green of the countryside too.

Terrie Sandelin said...

The bag is lovely! And so is that gorgeous countryside.

Barb said...

Your bag is adorable!

Villa-loredana said...

Marvelous dear, have a nice weekend dear, I'll come back to see the May quilting lady. Loredana

sewfunquilts said...

Your bag is wonderful! I enjoy seeing your pics of the countryside. thanks.

Cattinka said...

Your hexie bag looks nice, and the red handles match the blocks perfectly.
KATRIN W.

Needled Mom said...

Your hexie bag looks great and I love the red handles!

Enjoy that walk. It looks delightful out there.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your hexie bag is adorable! I love it!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I love it!

Merilyn said...

Your little hexie bag turned out lovely Micki!!! I always love seeing the scenic photos of your area, the grass is so green and lush, beautiful views! Just thought I would let you know they are really appreciated!!!

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Micki and Joe, That scenery is to die for. No wonder Ireland is the green Isle- just so beautiful!!!
here in Australia it is getting cooler, Winter is but a month away and we are getting a lot of rain at the moment. Well we must look on the positive side- it will be good Quilt'n weather?? :)
Bye for now, Sandy.

Joanne said...

A lovely bag, Micki.

Chris H said...

Fancy doing it all by hand! WELL DONE Chick.

Anonymous said...

Hello Micki, love your hexie bag....lovely to see Donegal...hugs lyn