
Joe and I love Snickers Bar cake and every once in a while, we both treat ourselves to a slice at our favorite coffee shop called Muck and Muffins. Chris from Diet Coke Rocks asked me for the recipe, so I asked my friend who makes the cake to give me the recipe, so here it is Chris. Joe and I love this cake. The cake at Muck and Muffins is flatter than the one in the pic, but boy is it delicious! When we want a slice, we have it right before lunchtime, and then we skip lunch....works for us! Enjoy the recipe!
SNICKERS® BAR CAKE
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. water
3/4 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 c. SNICKERS® bars, finely chopped
FROSTING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 (8 oz.) box powdered sugar
Sift together dry ingredients. Mix together all cake ingredients except for
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. water
3/4 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 c. SNICKERS® bars, finely chopped
FROSTING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 (8 oz.) box powdered sugar
Sift together dry ingredients. Mix together all cake ingredients except for
SNICKERS® bars in a large bowl. Mix for 30 seconds on low speed and then 3 minutes on high speed. The batter will be creamy. Stir in SNICKERS® bars. Grease and flour 2 (8") round cake pans. Pour batter in pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
For frosting, cream butter and cream cheese. Add chocolate; mix well. Add powdered sugar and beat until light and creamy. Frost cooled cake and refrigerate.
For frosting, cream butter and cream cheese. Add chocolate; mix well. Add powdered sugar and beat until light and creamy. Frost cooled cake and refrigerate.

Hope you like the recipe everyone! Also, Joe got me the cutest stuffed animal "just because". It's supposed to be a Tarsier, which is from the monkey family. It has a long tail and big eyes as you can see, but mine is pink and white, not its true colors, which is why Joe got it for me...Pink is my favorite color. Isn't he cute and funny?
Off to take a walk! Enjoy your weekends!
15 comments:
Yummy! A woman after my own heart.. chocolate.. Oh yeah!! And PINK! My favorite..
How is the wrist doing? Hopefully feeling much better these days.. can't wait to see you quilting again. :)
thanks for the recipe...glad you are up and about now with your wrist.
That recipe sounds sinful, good, but sinful. How is the wrist feeling?
What fun - chocolate cake for lunch. Glad to see you back at the keyboard, although it was great to spend some time with Joe too.
That cake sounds yummy, wish I could eat sweets.
What a cute little guy and a nice happy present from Joe to cheer you up.
Debbie
How nice of the guy to share his receipe!!! Love the little pink monkey, how sweet!!!!
sounds delicious but I'm not making it....way too much sugar for me and hubby. We eat sweets, but are suppose to watch our sugar. So have a piece for me next time you are at the Muck and Muffin
My Daughter and I were looking at frozen Snickers cakes at the supermarket yesterday. She was amazed at how real they looked. I showed her your picture and she was shocked at how much better your pic looks than the one we saw at the store.
Your little Tarsier is adorable. I think she looks great in pink.
Hi Micki and Joe. I just put on a couple of pounds reading that recipe! LOL.
Pink is also my favourite colour!! closely followed by green and those two mixed with cream is the ultimate! So when I saw Lola's gorgeous table runner, I just about drooled!!! It was lovely to read about her life and love of crafts. I hope your wrist is continuing to heal. Bye for now, Sandy. :0)
Micki,
Thanks for the recipe. I love adding yummy chocolate recipes to my collection.
Thanks for the cake recipe. I love snickers! This will be a good one to make for may family on Easter. My daughter has a puppy with big eyes like your monkey. They are so cute!
Thank you for that recipe! I can't wait to try it. I have a recipe for a snickers salad, but this cake looks awesome!
I shall try, it looks really apetitous. Nice that you are back. Nice weekend. Loredana
OMG THANK YOU ... THANK YOU! I am certainly going to be making that cake!
And I DO NOT CARE one iota if I put on 2 kilos overnight!
And Joe, that is one super cute wee gift you got Micki... I love pink too... and BLUE!
Thanks for the recipe, sounds delicious!Glad that your wrist is much better;)
Post a Comment