
Yes, Joe is typing this. I am getting used to having a personal secretary, but boy will I be glad when I can write again all by myself!!! Can you tell by the title of this post that I am excited? Madame Samm, whom as you know gave me the new blog look, asked me to be a guest speaker on her blog. I was just so honored by that! If you go to her lovely blog Sew We Quilt, you can see my interview.
| Dublin Coddle This is a very popular dish, especially in Dublin, and has been so for many years. It is nourishing, tasty, economical and warming - what more could you ask for? Although it is best made with a good stock - water in which a ham has been boiled, or even a ham bone - a light stock cube will substitute. 1lb/ 500g best sausages Directions: Cut the bacon into 1in/ 3cm squares. Bring the stock to the boil in a medium saucepan which has a well-fitting lid, add the sausages and the bacon and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the sausages and bacon and save the liquid. Cut each sausage into four or five pieces. Peel the potatoes and cut into thick slices. Skin the onions and slice them. Assemble a layer of potatoes in the saucepan, followed by a layer of onions and then half the sausages and bacon. Repeat the process once more and then finish off with a layer of potatoes. Pour the reserved stock over and season lightly to taste. Cover and simmer gently for about an hour. Adjust the seasoning and serve piping hot Joe has had this many a time, as it is a traditional dish of Dublin, which is where he was born and grew up. It is easy to make and so yummy.
Besides the cookbook, I also got a great mystery book called Genesis by Karen Slaughter. I am starting it, and it is very suspenseful. Isn't that great that I got the two books for only two euros? Anyways, hope you like my post on Madame Samm's blog and thanks again to her so much! It was so much fun to do! |

17 comments:
and my dear a fabulous guest you were and thanks to Joe for his assistance..your quilts (fav) have delightful stories...touched by all of our hearts..
HI Micki (and Joe) I read your guest post on Madame Samm's. It was great!!
Your recipe sounds great! Yummo!
My wee grandmother used to make " mock Haggis" for her family. Good minced beef cooked with just water/diced onion and salt/pepper to taste and thickened with rolled oats until it was reasonably stiff. ( none of those instant oats, mind) I love it, just have some with a generous sprinkle of worcestershire sauce and fresh bread and butter. Stick to your ribs kinda food! LOL. I guess most of these recipes came out of necessity, with not much money and a good many mouths to feed. We have our Mothers Day here next month.
Glad to know you are healing slowly but surely. Hugs from your Aussie friend.
BTW I am having a giveaway on my blog (sandyssewingcircle.blogspot)- only a comment required, it is open until midnight Thursday AEST time. Anyone is welcome to comment to go in the draw! I will post anywhere. I have found in my short time as a blogger that there are so many wonderful and generous/kind people out there. It is only right to share and give back. Bye for now, Sandy.
HI;
pretty new to your blog and have not had time to see it all. Loved your post on Madame Samm. Looks like we share a love of some of the same kinds of things. Great minds think alike they say. I love to applique by hand -- and spent a summer perfecting my skills. And it paid off. Besides we're both Irish!!
It's a good thing that you have such an efficient secretary, Micki. He will probably start his own blog when he is finished with yours!!!! ;)
I'm headed over to read your interview.
Congratulations Micki. How wonderful to be her guest. I'm off to have a look now.
Congratulations Micki. I am going to run over there and read the blog. That recipe sounds like something my hubby would love so will try and make it for him this weekend. Thanks for sharing.
What a great interview piece! And I love your quilts...especially Sylvia's wedding quilt. I am a huge fan of those books and have often dreamed of having the time to do one of the elm creek quilts. Yours is gorgeous!COngratulations!
I did see your interview and enjoyed reading more about you and seeing your wonderful creations. I hope you hand heals soon so you can get back to creating again.
Debbie
Simpy all is gorgeous, interview, and all the rest. Loredana
Congratulations on your interview, great one too. Glad the the hand is continuing to heal.
I red your guest post on Stash Manicure. I especially enjoyed the lovely "Sylvia's Wedding Quilt". Just lovely!
Good luck with your hand.
Lovely to read your interview with Madame Samm! Thankyou for the receipe too, just in time for our cooler months down here!! Also good to hear you will be back doing all the things you love very soon, glad you are healing well!!!
Thanks for the recipe, I have a slightly different one but I'm looking forward to trying yours. I finished Genesis only a few weeks ago, it's really good so enjoy. Glad to hear you're healing, I think Joe will need a rest when you're back typing :o)
Lizzie
xxx
Hi Mickie
I too read your lovely interview . But then I believe anything you do is lovely. :)
I loved NeedledMom's comment about Joe will have his own blog ! He has certainly got some good experience.But, then he has had the best teacher of all. :)
HI Mickie,
Good for you. I just read your post over there and love the Bridal Sampler again. It is just so pretty and it is easy to see how much work went into it.
Hope your healing is all done soon. Not that Joe hasn't done a great job.
Joe-Micki, Congrats on the guest blogging :o) Sounds like fun!
Wow indeed! Congrats girl.
Joe... you are doing really well as Micki's secretary... be careful she might grow to like it!
lol
Stuff the 'coddle' recipe... I want the SNICKERS CAKE recipe!!!!!
Gawd I love Snickers bars sooooo much. I can only have one now and then cos they are EVIL. Such a shame that.
Post a Comment