Saturday, June 11, 2011

Back from Dublin and Pics of Dougal

I am totally exhausted, but so happy! I travelled four and a half hours each way to and from Dublin, but I got to see my cute Cairn named Dougal. He is four months old, a bit chubby, and so utterly sweet. He is a light red brindle, and totally beautiful and gentle! He took to me right away. I brought him a frog that croaks, and Dougal loved, loved, loved it.
He was playing in the kitchen, then went out in the garden, and I took him for a wee walk on the lead, and he did so well walking with the leash for the first time.. I fell in love with him. Enjoy a few of the pics and one video where he is running around the kitchen a bit.
The breeder, named Marie, was trying to get his attention with
the frog so I could take the video, as all he wanted to do was run around at high speed...so funny!Joe loved seeing the videos and pics. I will be returning to Dublin in two weeks to bring him home. Next week, our fence will be completed, and then the shed is going up, and I will be ordering the supplies I need for him. Marie gave me advice as to what to buy.
We both can't wait to get him home!

37 comments:

Liz said...

Dougal is certainly a lovely boy Micki, lots of fun and joy to come with your new puppy..
Lizzie
xxx

Merilyn said...

I'm excited for you Micki!!! Dougal is just such a sweetie! He sure is a happy boy. I hope you have rested up after your big day!

Gene Black said...

He is adorable. Will his tail be clipped or will it stay long? Inquiring minds want to know. (ha ha)

Jackie's Stitches said...

Micki, he's so cute! Greg said he's a big boy and he looks that way to me too. Cairns are very active but I know you're expecting that. Congratulations!

WoolenSails said...

He is so cute, I love him and love his coloring.

Debbie

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Micki! Dougal is gorgeous! I bet you can't wait to bring him home, and I am sure Charlie and Rufus will love him too. :)
You had a long trip but I'm sure you think it was worthwhile!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I know you can't wait to bring him home, he is so cute.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

AAAwwww Micki Dougal is soooooo cute...you and Joe are just going to have sooooo much fun with him...I can't wait now either for him to come home...Dzintra

Marie said...

What a fantastic outing you had and the puppy is so beautiful and playful. I know you and Joe will be so in love with him. Have a good week and rest up. Hugs, Marie

nutmegg said...

Awww Micki, how cute is he, I'm sure you and Joe are going to have a wonderful time with that little ball of energy.

Unknown said...

How handsome is he????? Looks like a rascal~so nice that he is 4 months old already~you have a running start Micki!
♥ Eileen

Pat said...

He sure looks like a lively, happy boy!

Tangos Treasures said...

Awwwwwwwwww he's too adorable!!

Unknown said...

He is so cute. When will he come to live with you?

Monica said...

How friggin' cute is he?! I am so excited for you.

Needled Mom said...

He is adorable. I can see why you can't wait to get him home.

Barb said...

That was a long ways but he is adorable....

Pamela Kieffer said...

Aw, what a sweetheart. I know that new puppy will give you years of fun and pleasure. Pam

Maria said...

Dougal is adorable as he is. Hope you do NOT clip his tail. :(
How will your older dogs go with him. Hope Dougal does not wear them out.

webbsway said...

O Gosh, What a LONG Trip. You must be exhausted.

So much love wrapped up in a furry costume! : )

Katrin said...

Hi Micki!
Oh yes, I understand that you fall in love with Dougal! What a beautyfull and sweet one he is!
I show the pictures to our 12-year-old daughter and she is allready squeaking because she likes him very much!
Last year, when we visited Pauline we also met her dog (Finn). That was pure love between Finn and Sophie!
Maybe we´ll come back to Dunfanaghy sometimes, then we would like to meet you and Joe and Dougal!

Greetings from Germany,
Katrin

♥Duff said...

He's adorable! I love the way his whole little body wags with this tail!! Congratulations on your new baby!

andsewon said...

Adorable, cute and seems very energetic lil fella! He will liven up your wee cottage and your daily walks for sure. Hope the kitty is up for some fun from her new brother!
Hope you did well on your long travels. Rest up you will need it for bringing him home!
Hugs,
Lola

Barb said...

What a cutie! It's so much fun anticipating the arrival of a new pet. I hope the next two weeks don't drag by too slowly. Life will surely be different in your house then! ;)

Lady of the Cloth said...

I'll bet you are so excited, you don't want to wait!
He is a darling puppy and you will enjoy him so much.
I don't know how I ever got along before I got my Maggie. Carline

Maggi said...

He is just so cute Micki. He is certainly going to keep you busy.

Suzanne said...

So sweet!

Villa-loredana said...

Oh, I fall in love with Dougal, and Lea is enormously jelous. Regards. Loredana

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

So darn cute....what a love!

Smiles,
Kelly

kc said...

How cute is he!!! Your croakin' frog got MY pup's attention - I had to turn the sound off to watch the video!! :) He's sure gonna be great company on your walks - I bet you only have to carry him 3/4 of the way!!! :) Glad you were able to share him with us!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

So sweet, and what a wonderful home he will have .

Di said...

Such a cutie! I just feel like hugging him :-))

JJ said...

Cute, cute, cute.

Kerstin said...

Micki he is sooooo cute. How adorable. You will have lots of fun with him.

Kerstin

Chris H said...

Awww he's so darn cute! I am sure he's going to love coming home soon.
Yes he's a bit chubby, but I'm sure once he's home and going for walks wth you and Joe he will be fine.

Wacky Woman said...

Well worth the trip for the precious baby.

Quilts And Pieces said...

He is so fluffy! I want to play!