Micki is missing her blogging, but she has read a few books, listened to music, taken walks with me, read magazines, and she is keeping up with her favorite tv shows like "Desperate Housewives". I do have to say that she is getting away with a bit of murder . To give you an example: She watched "Sound of Music" for the umpteenth time, and I sat there and watched it with her. She loved it, and she was singing along with Julie Andrews, but I have to tell you the truth that I hated watching it again for 3 hours. I have seen it so many times, I can't count. However, due to her wrist, I sat there and appeared to watch it again, although I was taking cat naps, which she didn't notice at the time, as she was too busy singing. LOL
She even said that she could watch the movie again if it was on, so I desperately looked through the tv guide and it was not on again. Thank God!LOL
Anyways all kidding aside, Micki's hand is getting better, and hopefully, she will soon be back to her blogging, sewing, and journaling. We are heading to Letterkenny tomorrow. I am planning a trip for us over the summer. We both need it. Micki will be reading this, so I can't say what it is , but it is her birthday month in June, so I thought it was an appropriate time for us to take a wee vacation.
27 comments:
Hey Joe!
Good job what you do for Micki! She could be very proud of you!
Yes, I know such films that I can see many times in serie ( do you say so in english? I don´t know and I have no dictionary here in my shop)
I think your surprise for Mickis birthday will makes her very happy and I´m interesting reading about after.
Best wishes to micki and you from Germany.
Katrin
Joe you are a lovely guy, you really spoiled but I guess she 's worth it.......
Very good that she is better, I can imagine her impatience........ When I had a problem with my eyes I WANTED to craft si looked for thick yarn and very thick needles so I could DO something. Here in france they say :Il faut que mes mains bougent, The meaning is, my hands need to do something....I guess Micky is the same Hugs Baukje
You are a man in a million! Fancy watching The Sound of Music for your girl! lol
All the best Micki I hope you recover soon.
hmmm the visions that conjured up!! The Sound of Music is an oldie but goodie.
Enjoy your time away..
well micki you and me both...ihad xrays and i'm still not healed...boo hoo...dr tomorrow to see what she says...meanwhile keep up the good work joe...dzintra
The hills are alive...with the sound of music!!! I love that show too. Hope all is on the mend and all the best for your plans. Kind regards, Anita.l
Hi Joe and Micki, So glad your on the mend and Joe your doing such a fine job taking care of Micki and all the stuff that needs to be done.I do believe he and Ray are related, we sure are lucky gals to have you wonderful hubbies. Can't wait to hear about your vacation. Have a great day and sends love and hugs from the USA. Hugs, Marie
No greater love, Joe . . . my husband feels the same way about Pride and Prejudice (well, anything Jane Austen). Glad to hear Micki is on the mend!
Thank you Joe for keeping us up to date with Micki's progress. Pleased she is finding thingss to do so she is not bored.
I am sure you have organised a great rip Joe.
Will be good to see you back soon Micki.
Happy Birthday month, and happy healing! Indulge in whatever you want. You deserve it!
Oh, Micki! So sorry to hear that you sprained your hand! But it sounds like you are getting spoiled beautifully :o) Gotta say I'm with Joe on the Sound of Music... my mom watched it every time it was on. It lost its appeal to me the 13th or 14th time I watched it... Enjoy your trip AND birthday week :o)
Too funny Joe, I can see why she adores you.....enjoyed the post and hope Micki mends soon. If you were not reading this, I would tell her to keep playing it up...soaking it for what she can!!
Careful Joe... that sweetness is showing through again :)
It is definitely a "chick flick"!!!!! You are a good sport. Maybe you should try Gone With the Wind next. ;)
Glad to hear the wrist is improving. Give Micki our best wishes.
I usually don't watch movies more than once, but some I will watch again if I haven't seen them in a while. A vacation sounds fun, we go in June too, for our anniversary.
Debbie
Thank you for the update and for taking such good care of our Micki.
Hello Joe, thanks on so detailed description of the Mickies day, and results is that she reall hasn't long time. Have a nice time tomorow. Loredana
Sorry to read about your accident- so glad that Joe is taking such wonderful care of you.
As for the Sound of Music, it is one of my sentimental favorites too. It is one of the first movies I remember seeing. My grandparents took me to see it. I love the movie My Fair Lady for the same reason.
Hope you are feeling your regular self soon. With best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Regards,
Anna
Dear Micki -
I've just now read of your fall! I hope you're on the mend...feeling better every day. I know so well how painful and just downright disruptive these accidents are to our lives. Get well soon. Your Joe is doing a fabulous job covering for you...and for that, for him, you are a lucky girl.
Best wishes,
Catherine
Hi Joe and Micki. Great to know the healing process is coming along well.I was thinking of you last night when we were watching a show on tv. The Aussie lady had only returned here from Ireland about 2 years ago. One of her sons was with her and he had a very strong Irish accent!- she had none. She had spent many years in a small village in County Donegal, and she was diagnosed with cancer whilst living there. She said that she would NEVER forget the kindness of all of the villagers, she returned from hospital to a sparkling clean house, lit fire, fresh flowers, a meal waiting, a pantry full of food, and everyone took turns to drive her to hospital for her treatments. You never forget such wonderful people, so you are (as you already know) living in a lovely place. Get well hugs for Micki. Sandy. :)
Oooooh! A surprise! We'll all be waiting with Micki to find out where you're going to take her. I'm glad she's doing better but sorry you're having to suffer through the Sound of Music (between you and me it's not my favorite either).
My hubby goes to sleep anytime we watch anything on tv - even if he picked it! Sounds like some fun travels ahead. Thanks Joe for keeping us up to speed on how Micki is doing.
Glad to hear that Micki is on the mend! Sounds as if you have been taking good care of her, I'm sure she can't wait to get back to what she loves to do! Have a lovely trip to Letterkenny you two, and good luck with your June birthday plans!!!
Thanks for the update Joe, hope the wrist is completely healed soon. Infollowing my ancestry Mikki I have found that I have ancestors that lived in Donegal for several generations! Imagine that! It was no accident I came across your blog!
Hey Joe, you are doing a great job with Micki's blog. So glad she is getting better.
Hi Joe,
You definitely have the same gift as Micki! gift of gab!!! Sounds like you two spoil each other fabulously, lol. Give her my good wishes and boy, I imagine she is struggling to get back to her creative endeavors...Sound of Music as a sing-along for 3 times...hmmmmm. Lol! It certainly was my favorite as a teen and we spent hours singing and acting it out! Well, you are doing a great job!
hugz
Pam
If Micki is not careful she has a rival for her blog lol well done Joe you are doing a great Job
I hope that Micki will soon be recovered & you can then be the one to be waited on & get away with murder lol
Hugs Janice
Post a Comment