Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Festival



First of all, Happy St. Paddy's Day to you all! Joe and I had a lovely time today. We went to Muck and Muffins for coffee. The parade started at 1 PM, and Joe took several pics. Keep in mind, we are a wee village, so this is nothing like St. Paddy's Day in Dublin. I watched a bit of that one on tv, and it was amazing.Still, we all had a bit of craic! Enjoy the pics which will give you highlights of our parade. I also have two videos for you to watch, that Joe took with his camera of a friend of ours named Ernie, who performs music sessions at McColgan's Bar and who played today in the village square.He's a wonderful man, and super talented!



La Fheile Padraig Sona Duit , which in Gaelic is Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The Irish definitely know how to celebrate, and if you do visit one day during this wonderful festivity, you must try to see the parade in Dublin. Here are some highlights of the Dublin Parade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF9AD_-MBxw



These are the videos that Joe took with his camera. Isn't Ernie great? Happy St. Patrick's Day once again!

6 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

How fun! What do you fix for dinner there? You know that we usually have to have corned beef and cabbage.

Melissa ;-) said...

I bet you really do enjoy yourself there on St. Patrick's Day!

Just Ramblin' said...

Looks like you had a great time! Happy St.Patrick's Day. Nola

Gwargedd said...

Wow what a fabulous time you must have had. One of my close friends is irish and because she now lives in Australia we always hold something fun for her at work followed by dinner and drinks at one of our favourite places.

Hope you had a happy St. Patrick's Day

webbsway said...

O MICKI! you went to Muck and Muffins! !!! I love all the pictures ! I wish we could have been there ! That looks like so much fun and there were HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have died from joy!

The only thought here was to wear green so nobody would pinch you! And this year I did REMEMBER to wear green! : )

Simone de Klerk said...

Thank you for taking us on this tour. So lovely to see other cultural traditions!