I won some One World, One Heart giveaways. First of all, I won an Itty Bitty Journal from Mary Ann from First Born blog. It is a wonderful collaborative effort from many talented media artists, and even though Joe only photographed one of the pages, you will get the feel of it from that page.



Thanks so much Mary Ann! Secondly, I won an Egyptian Scroll. I intend to use it for a cover of a future journal. It is so pretty in person, so I hope you can see from the pic how wonderful it. is.Thanks to Samya Salama whose blog is English Country Gardens in Bags.
Thirdly, I won a Lady of Hope pin, which is just so pretty and a bit of ribbon and small flower. The theme of hope is always so welcoming, and if it gives Joe and me hope and luck, that will be wonderful. Thanks to Amanda from Circle of Life Scraps blog.
Well, I also received two surprises . One was from my new friend Elsina, whom I met through OWOH, and she lives on Kibbutz Shomrat. Her blog is EMS Arts.She told me that she had never made a quilt before, and it was hard to get quilting books, so I sent her a book that I used written by Eleanor Burns called A Log Cabin Quilt in a Day, plus a wee package. It was the book that I used to make my first quilt. She surprised me with a package from Israel of things I surely cannot get here. One of them is a Hansa. which in the Jewish faith represents the hand of God. It is very lovely, and it is also supposed to give luck to the house it is hanging in, plus some other goodies.
I love "Just Because" gifts. Pamela and Barbara who are twins, sent me a lovely Southwestern bag which I am going to use when I go shopping. It is so pretty, and the craftmanship is wonderful! They have TheTwins Blog where you can see their work , and I do thank both of you so much!
A few people asked me to show the kitchen shelf with the potholders hanging from it. It is a wee shelf, so I only hang 4 at a time and rotate them. Joe and I put the shelf up and painted it yellow. You can see the 4 potholders hanging there now, including the Hamsa that I received.
If you look at the top, there is a machine felted mini quilt that I did that represents what Joe and I love to do the most....going to the beach, and seeing a sunset is just the icing on the cake.
Also, there is a mini quilt that I appliqued that represents a lovely scene that is near our home. The picture of Krakow, Poland, which is where my dad is from, was oil painted by my mom, so you can see where I got my love of painting from.
It was a day of surprises and gifts, and that is always nice! Enjoy your weekends everyone!
24 comments:
You had another Christmas at your house. What FUN!
Your potholders are so cute. I've been thinking I need to make some new ones as mine are looking pretty ugly. I have enough orphan blocks that I should just DO IT. Have a wonderful weekend. Carline
Love, love, love the bitty book..And, GLAD that I found your blog..I came over via Pineland Treasures...Will be back soon..Your blog and Barbara's has me washed in creativity~!! Have a great day, see you soon...
I do like your journal so much. I saw a book one time that was about how such creative journaling can help people through traumatic situations and I do think that is so true with many different forms of creativity.
Always thank you for your lovely comments that you leave.
Growing up in the UK and rationing from WWII only ending the year I was born, I often think about WWII, what happened to so many families such as your own.
Like the potholders, they are always needed. Mine seem to hit the heating elements on the stove and become singed bygones. I guess I shouldn't use them as oven gloves.
Christy
Congratulations on the wins. When they say Luck of the Irish I believe they mean you Micki HA! HA!
You have certainly inherited the luck of the Irish LOL! with all your little wins! Congratultions, how nice to get these little goodies in the mail. BTW love the Polish postcard!!!
Oh the luck of the Irish! Great fir you and how is Ireland today. I have not visited you for sometime and here
I am. I just want to tell you that my DGD is an Irish Dancer now and is doing so well. She has won several awards.
Wonderful lot of goodies you have there! Have a wonderful weekend! ....Karen
Wow, I love everything--and how WONDERFUL to get such special surprises!!!
XO
Enjoy all you goodies. and enjoy.
Lots of love.
-Samya :-)
I love the landscape mini quilt with the tree silhouette.
Hi Micky , I finally got time to visit ,wow you got some nice goodies from some lovely people ,such treasures and your potholders look right at home hanging from your shelves ,wish you happy crafting and a nice day,xoxo theodora
Congrats Micki...lovely wins there...and well deserved..
ejoy!
Julia ♥
Micki,
It's great to hear from you! :) I thought that I will get to see the goodies you won coming to your blog, and I am not disappointed. :) Those gifts are simply lovely, and so precious too! My favorite is the Egyptian scroll.
Have a great weekend.
So much love is expressed with this blog! Lovely lovely friends all over the world.
Have a great weekend!
What fun! Love that little book. & the shelf was fun to look at, filled with goodies.
Wow....you have alot of wonderful gifties and just love how your display your things....
What a lovely bunch of goodies!
what a treasury of goodies you have there.
My mother's parents were from Poland too. Near Gdansk. We have yet to visit Poland, but it is high on our list of things to see and places to go.
That Egyptian Scroll is really interesting. Wish I could have seen your Krakow picture better; our choir got to sing there and at Wroclaw in 2004. Cute potholders! What a fun way to display them...much better than keeping them hidden in a drawer.
Blogs are gifts to strangers who become friends. Your blog friends have made some beautiful items- I've seen the hand/Hamsa before, but had no idea what it represented, now I know and will look at some for my own home. Thanks for sharing this treasure post. Happy Shrove Tuesday-Pancake Day next week...
A wonderful array of gifts. The potholders look great hanging from the shelf.
Congratulations i see your still on your winning ways i am surprised you not won big on the lottery lol
Hope you & Joe are both Well
Hugs Janice
I saw a book one time that was about how such creative journaling can help people through traumatic situations and I do think that is so true with many different forms of creativity.
I thought that I will get to see the goodies you won coming to your blog, and I am not disappointed. :) Those gifts are simply lovely, and so precious too! My favorite is the Egyptian scroll.
Post a Comment