Monday, April 4, 2011

Mothers Day in Ireland

This is Joe signing in again. It was Mother's Day in Ireland and Micki dictated this for me to write, and you know what a good typist I am .The rest of the post is all Micki talking...She was the star of the day, so it is appropriate.



First of all, I will introduce our two kids.There is Rufus, who is a border collie mix, whom we rescued from a terrible abuse situation. Then there is Charlie,a corgi/heeler mix, who was also rescued from abandonment on the street....The one with the big ears. They all had a meeting and decided to get me two Cricut cartridges: Preserves and From My Kitchen, as they know I am going to do a recipe journal of my vegetarian recipes when this wrist totally heals. They must have overheard my talks with Joe, as it was the perfect gift.


I also got flowers and they arranged a day out for me and Joe. The pets told Joe to take me out for breakfast at our newly renovated An Chistin restaurant in town. Boy, did it change in ambiance...very nice, and the food was yummy!I had a smaller breakfast, and Joe had a complete Irish breakfast.We then walked it off in a long hike up the hills in an area we hadn't been to in a long while. It took us two hours to complete the long hike, but it was well worth it. It was beautiful up there in the hills! I am the lucky bunny to be living in Ireland!




As to how I got the flowers, the pets then sent Joe out, and I was not allowed to accompany him, and they kept guard over me to make sure I didn't go.I even got a bit of a wee growl from Rufus when I looked at the front door, quite innocently, I may add. Joe came back with flowers and needless to say when a girl gets roses, one can only say," Oh my" and then give your kids and hubby a big kiss. I was spoiled rotten all day, and well, it was a lovely time! It was impossible to capture a pic of all three of our kids together, but I thought you might want to see them. I am a lucky mother to have the best kids in the world!

Being an American, and being used to celebrating Mother's Day in May, I also get to celebrate it then. I know... I am a lucky girl!


This is Joe again....I had the whole day organized by my funny boys. Micki forgot to mention that she also got a card from the boys, and needless to say, it was hilarious.

She is a great mom and deserved the whole day, and I have to admit I enjoyed it all too!

16 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful day! How's the wrist healing up?

Jackie's Stitches said...

Happy Mothers Day Micki! Your boys are just adorable and it sounds like you had a very special day.

Barb said...

I panicked for a second when I read the title of your post, did I forget to honor my Mom on "Mother's Day"? Of course, it didn't take long to realize things are different here. So nice that you get to celebrate twice, you deserve it!

Marie said...

Sounds like the best Mothers Day- you guys always have so much fun. Glad Joe is taking such good care of you and look forward to hering your mended again. Have a good week. HUgs, Marie

Marj said...

Happy Mother's Day! Your kids are adorable. Sounds like a wonderful day was had by all.

Barb said...

Happy Mother's Day Micki...hope you are well on the mend.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Your kiddies are just adorable Micki! Glad you had a wonderful day being spoiled. Lucky Joe will blog for you as your wrist heals up :^)

Jocelyn said...

Wishing Micki a glorious Mother's Day!

Wacky Woman said...

You have good kids there Micki. Hope you are well on your way to recovery. It is hard being down when you are not used to it.

Zlaty said...

Happy Mother's day Micky!

What a fun day Joe had organized for you! Lucky you get to celebrate twice!

P.S. Sorry I haven't visited your blog in awhile! I hope I can visit your blog again soon!

Hugs!

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful way to spend Mother's day, pets are so much better at planning the day then my kids, lol.

Debbie

Villa-loredana said...

Verra happy that you have a nice day with your kids, and especially with Joe. With love. Loredana

Julia said...

Happy Mothers Day Micki.. Your boys are just lovely and it sounds like it was a very special day.

and you get to do it again in May!
Julia ♥

quiltmom anna said...

Sounds like a very fun Day Micki- I love Yellow roses- one of my very favorite flowers. I especially like them with purple irises.
Hope the wrist is soon better. Well done Joe- you and the boys are taking excellent care of Micki.
Regards,
Anna

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you and the kids looked after Micki so well Joe. And good to know that the wrist is starting to heal.

Millie said...

Micki, happy Mother's Day! The yellow roses are so pretty. Always good to see your furry friends.