Happy Holidays to everyone! Joe and I spent our first Christmas in Heather Cottage. I thank everyone for their congratulations, and we really enjoyed our first Christmas in our new home. We took a long walk early in the AM on Christmas Day. I then put the stuffed turkey in the oven, cut the potatoes for the mashed potatoes, and I also got the sprouts and peas in the pot to boil. I am happy to say that the meal turned out wonderfully. All of us, including the two dogs enjoyed the meal. We then watched two Christmas specials: "Strictly Come Dancing" and "Dancing on Ice." I received a Wii for Christmas. I may not have told you, but I am a kid at heart, and I have enjoyed playing Animal Crossing immensely. I am also getting a new Pfaff Expression 4.0 in January, so I am very excited about that. We are planning on painting the outside and inside of the cottage, so when we finish all of that, Joe will take pics. I am planting pink and purple heather, flowers, and putting two window boxes of various local flowers on our two front windows. We plan on getting a bench for the front of the house, a picnic bench for the backyard, and we are getting an estimate for a new fence and gate for our backyard....lots to do, but that is the fun of it all. I do promise lots of pics when it is all done.
I received two lovely blocks from Kari, who is a member of the International Friendship Quilters which you can see at http://www.friendshipquilters.com/ They were to represent her favourite things, and as you can see, Kari loves flowers and teacups.
I also started my Christmas House Block lap quilt today, and I got two rows done. Tomorrow, I will finish the other two rows, and then sew the rows together and try to get the top completed.....If I can manage all of that, Joe will take a pic. It will be a bit late for Christmas, but it is turning out oh so cute!
I wish everyone a blessed holiday season and a Happy New Year! The best gift for both Joe and me was being together in our new home with our two dogs Rufus and Charlie. It will be a holiday that we will never forget!
8 comments:
Congrats on moving into the cottage...and I love the finished doily. It is lovely.
You got a Wii? Fantastic! Our family enjoys playing the Wii very much! My personal favorite is bowling :^)
What a wonderful Christmas you had and so much to look forward to.
Congratats on making it into your new home for Christmas.. your meal sounded delicious...
be sure to show us the lap quilt you're making.
Hi Micki...congratulations for such a smooth move over to your new home...looking forward to the pics now!!! Also to your lap quilt pics...great you could get some stitching done, I haven't been able to get near it!!! Sounds like a very special Christmas in your new home...Dzintra
well micki....sounds like your had a wonderful Christmas...yum..good food...great companionship...good presents...A NEW SEWING MACHINE on the way...Wow...new cottage...great plans for the new year...sounds comfy and cozy to me!
Glad to find another "grown up" out there who loves Animal Crossing!! I play with my kids, and it is really a fun way to play video games with them. I've been known to sneak into town when they are at school! I enjoy reading your blog, and am a big sewer too! Hope you like your new machine, sounds lovely.
Hi Micki,
sorry I haven't been by to visit lately but as you know I was having our 4th baby and I was quite unwell for a while, I have also changed my blog over to blogger so I am no longer "quiltingscraps" but am now "5-reasons" and am trying to update it. Glad to see that you had a fabulous Christmas enjoy the Wii we all love it here! All the best for the new year!
Cheers Erica
Post a Comment