Monday, December 29, 2008

Stichin Fingers Christmas Swap and Latest Projects







Dakotah from my Stichin Fingers Group sent me this postcard for a Christmas swap . It is lovely! I love crazy quilt designs. I have not posted my postcard to her, as I want her to be surprised. Thanks so much Dakotah! It will be a lovely addition to my huge postcard collection.

As to my latest projects, I began my Christmas House Block Quilt, and because of the move, it will be completed after Christmas. I found out that I needed some more natural fairy frost to complete the sashing, so I ordered it from the Fat Quarter Shop. I was trying to figure out how I ran out of the fabric, and then remembered that I used some of the fabric for stockings that I made....that could have done it.LOL The Fat Quarter Shop is shipping it out today, so I will have to wait to complete it. What a bummer!

Also, I purchased some lovely oriental design sets from the Advanced Embroidery site at
http://www.advanced-embroidery-designs.com/ They are Sets 1-4 from the Blackwork Sets, and I will making a geisha quilt from them for our spanking new double sized bed. Today, I will do a test design. I will use a pale pink fairy frost to stitch the designs on. I have included pics of the designs, but the pic of the quilt is of a smaller wall hanging, so I am using both sets, in addition to 6 extra oriental flower designs to make the double sized quilt. It should be lovely!

Other than all that, Joe and I are having a wonderful holiday, and we both hope that you all are having the best holiday too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea for a quilt... I need to use my embroidery machine more often.. making a quilt would be just the thing too.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...looking forward to this wonderful Geisha Quilt...sounds fabulous!!! Wishing you both a very Happy 2009...with good health and many good times in your new home...Dzintra

Anne Marie said...

Can't wait to see the Geisha Quilt, lovely fabric! I couldn't live here in Ireland if it weren't for the FatQuarter Shop, I just hate having to wait!!!! Happy New Year!!

Browndirtcottage said...

lovely.....so glad you are getting settled......'feathering your nest'...so to speak!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Micki!
Your beautiful postcard arrived today. Thank you so much! It was a pleasure swapping with you!
Happy New Year.
Dakotah