Sunday, December 21, 2008

Just Moved Into Heather Cottage

It has taken Joe and me two weeks, but we finally moved into our new home. We have been so busy transporting our clothes and other items to our new cottage, and finally yesterday the mover came with all of our big furniture items and we are here in our new home. We love it! It is a very cozy cottage located near Dunfanaghy town and the ocean, but also close to the hill walks that we love. Joe had the electricity, phone and internet connected by the time we moved in, so that was wonderful. I am almost all unpacked except for my sewing items. We had a carpenter put shelves in our storage room that I am using for all of my sewing, embroidery, and felting supplies. First, we have to make a trip to Letterkenny to buy a garden shed, buy some storage units for my supply room, a new washing machine, and some other things that we need. We already got our new bed delivered, and we really have accomplished so much! Joe calls us "The A Team", and considering what we have accomplished in the last two weeks, we really are quite the team.

Tomorrow, in Letterkenny, we need to buy two surge protectors and 10 metre leads, so we can connect my sewing and embroidery machines. I can't wait for that. I haven't been involved with any of my hobbies, and I have sorely missed them all. I received some wonderful blocks from a swap that I am in with the International Friendship Quilters Group...you can check them out at
www.friendshipquilters.com ....they are a wonderful group of quilters, and there are tons of activities to be involved in. Actually, tonight is a pre-Christmas party, and we are all meeting in the chat room. I will post pics of the blocks as soon as I settle in completely.

Just wanted to keep you up on the move and tell you that we have finally reached our new home, which is called Heather Cottage. I will post again soon!

16 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Glad to see that you are settled into your new home!!! Enjoy the holidays!!

Pam said...

Congratulations on your new home!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas there. When you get all set up we need to see pictures of Heather Cottage!!

Merry Christmas
Pam - from snowy Vancouver!

Maggey and Jim said...

I knew you must really be busy but thank you so much for the lovely card..Have a marvelous holiday in you new cottage..
Hugs to both
Maggey

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Micki,
Congratulations. I know you are happy to be moved. Looking forward to pictures of the cottage.
I like the name Heather Cottage.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Congratulations on your move to Heather Cottage! Looking forward to seeing pics of your new home :^)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful name for your home.. can't wait to see some pic's.
Enjoy your new home and the holidays.

Browndirtcottage said...

Well...Finally.....just in time for Christmas.....ooouuuu....hey, you get to start out the new year with a clean house!

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA'LL !!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Joe, you will have a great first Christmas in Heather Cottage! I am sure that you are really looking forward to crafting again and I will be interested to keep up with all your activities in the New Year. Lots of love, Nicola

Maggi said...

Congratulations on getting the move made successfully, what a lovely name for your new home. Sorry to have missed the party at IFQ - I was so busy finishing Christmas presents that I forgot about it. Enjoy the new home and may it bring you lots of inspiration and joy.

quiltmom anna said...

Happy holidays and I am sure that you will enjoy some wonderful times in your new Home with Joe.
We bought our home many years ago and moved at this time of year- It is lots of work but worth it.
Thanks for the lovely card.
We will look forward to seeing photos of the new digs once you are more settled.
Hugs,
Anna

Kath said...

I'm sure you will be so happy with your very own Heathcliff, in Heather cottage, lots of love Kath www.railwaycottage.blogspot.com

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Congratulations Micki...look forward to seeing pics of Heather Cottage...a sweet little name. Merry Christmas to you and Joe and all the best for 2009...Hugs Dzintra

Anonymous said...

Hmm Heather Cottage..I wonder if there is a hint there that you will be using heatherish colours now. Cant wait to see pictures of your new home.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Merry Christmas and congratulations on the move. I can't wait to see pictures of Heather Cottage.
Carline in Snowy SW Washington State, USA

Unknown said...

Hi Micki!
I wondered what happened to you...you've been moving! No wonder you didn't respond to my email! I am glad you are ok. And happy to know you love your new home. Dunfanaghy looks really gorgeous. That water and the hills are so beautiful.
Happy Holidays!
Dakotah
MichelleMermaid from stitchinfingers

Jeri said...

Congratulations on your new home. I know ya'll had to work very hard to get moved in in just 2 weeks. I'm glad it's closer to town. It will be much easier.
From warm Florida,
Jerilynn