Happy New Year to everyone! It is amazing that we are almost approaching 2009....we are only hours away.The year has flown, and since Joe and I retired, time seems to fly even quicker. 2008 ended with a bang when we moved into our new home, and we feel very lucky indeed!
Today, on New Year's Eve, I received two siggy blocks from members of the International Siggy Group. One came from Sara in Bellingham, WA, and she put a cute cat on the centre, because she loves cats. She told me that she has been to Ireland and lived here for a year. It is a small world indeed, and I hope that she returns to Ireland one day so we can meet. The second siggy came from Sabina who lives in Germany, and her centre was very unique too, and the blue fabric that she picked was gorgeous. Thanks to both of you!
Well, we are staying home tonight and will watch the New Year come in on tv. Joe and I wish you and yours a healthy and happy New year, and we are looking forward to all the good things that 2009 brings to us, and hopefully to you all.
10 comments:
The siggies are lovely. I will think about you in front of the fire tonight while I am at work answering 999 calls and dealing with the aftermath of the excess alcohol. Just doing a last bit of blog surfing before getting ready to set off into the freezing fog. Happy 2009.
Happy New Year to you and Joe
((hugs))
Happy New Year!
Hi Micki...Wishing you both a lovely 2009 in your new home...Sydney went out with a bang (on tv), great fireworks they had!!! Lovely siggy blocks, perhaps you will be lucky enough to meet Sara one day...Dzintra
Happy New Year to you Micki. I've enjoyed reading your blog this past year. Thank you so much for the e-greeting card it was so cute.
Hello from Florida.I have enjoyed reading your blog this morning.About 4 years ago I visited Dublin and fell in love with Ireland, wanted to travel around and see more of the countryside but time didn 't permit. We had flown to England for our son was taking over one of the commands in Mildenhall and he suggested we take some side trips on Ryan Air, Oh what fun they were.We also have a friend that moved to Ireland and lived there for several years before returing to the states. They ere retired and I was so surprised when they retured here.Please excuse my rambling but I hope to chat again soon. Happy New Year.Would love to see your Christmas House quilt too. Hugs, Marie
Hi Micki! Happy New Year to you and Joe, glad to see you are settling in to your new home!!! BTW what are siggies???
WELCOME TO THE NEW YEAR
Hi, Micki,
many thanks for your siggy, arrived today!
Happy New Year,
sloeber
Hi Micki,
I have been reading your blog for a feuw month and really enjoie it
i want to say thank you ,because by reading it i have discovered the community of the siggies and i love it ,it is so much more personnel to receive not just a block but a letter telling a little of the person who made it so thank you and a siggy is on its way to Ireland
Paule
Post a Comment