Joe and I have been very busy with our move. Our goal is to get into our new home by the Tuesday before Christmas, so you can well imagine how busy we are. Our phone is turned on, and we have a new phone number, and today the electricity was turned on. A plumber came to make a connection for our washing machine, and we have a tileman coming on the Friday before Christmas week. In addition, we scheduled a carpenter to build shelves and units in a storage area that we have that I will use for my sewing supplies.I have been packing,and packing and packing, so we are up to our ears in boxes. We found out that our huge leather sofa won't fit through the cottage door, so we are selling it. Someone called that they wanted to see it tomorrow. We are taking our leather lounge chair, getting another one, and placing a table between the both of them with a lovely lamp, and that will be how we comfortably relax in our living room as the Stanley Range keeps us snug and warm. We are both excited, as our home is a dote of a house, and we can't wait to get there.
In the midst of all of that, I will be sewing Joe's Christmas stocking this week, and I will post a pic when it is done. That project will start tomorrow. I will be machine embroidering the front first with a Frosty the Snowman design, and then I will be able to sew it together. I am using mostly Michael Miller fairy frost and Christmas fabric.
I received two siggies today from quilters in the International Siggy Swap. One was from Teresa in Oregon, and she chose some firemen themed fabric and a centre block stamped with a fireman, as her husband was a retired fireman , and both her sons followed in their dad's footsteps and became firemen. It was lovely! Also, Rose Marie from Toronto, Canada sent me fabric showing the theme of the great outdoors. She explained that she chose that fabric as her dad was teaching her about animal tracks, as they had their first snow. Thanks so much to both of them. I made them some siggies and mailed them out today.
It is hard to believe how time is flying, and Christmas is almost here. The best thing about it all is that Joe and I and our two dogs will be celebrating the holidays in our new home.
2 comments:
Best of Luck with your move, sounds like a you are going to have a wonderful Christmas!!!
Thank you for finding me and for your kind wishes! I hope that all goes well with your move (right before Christmas!!). I love Ireland. I have only been once about 15 years ago, but it is definitely on my list to return to.
Cheers!
Post a Comment