Sunday, February 21, 2010

8 Wins in OWOH Giveaways

While I was sick, I was visiting and entering many of the OWOH giveaways. I enjoyed meeting the people, but really didn't expect to win. Well, I have won 8 of them. I am totally in shock, but so happy about it. Well, after being sick for so long, it was fun to find out that I was a winner 8 times! Ok, here is what I won:
1. A Jerusalem print from Robin whose blog is alled Around the Island . She lives in Israel.Funny enough, I attended the Jersusalem University for my third year of college, and I just loved the city, so this will mean a lot to me, as it was a wonderful experience.
2. Second, I won fancy designer paper for cardmaking,scrapbooking, etc...Now, as I am going into this hobby now, this was perfect. Thanks to The Frog Palace, I am the winner.
3. I also won a machine embroidery book, elephants, and cloth doll book from Jules who has a lovely blog called Adventures in Thread. How fun is that! I will definitely try to make one of the cloth dolls...I love dolls!
4. Also, I won this wonderful handmade mouse that is just so cute, and her name is Serenity. She is made out of cashmere.The blog is called Cobblestone Creations, and you really should visit to see what beautiful creations Laura does make.
5. Next, I won an angel book which is truly a work of art. It is a fake book that is a box, and it is just spectacular. Lisa is just so talented, and you must see her blog called Scherer Art.
6.Also, I won an autographed copy of Matt Hayes who obviously caught a huge fish. I used to fish with my dad, and boy did I appreciate that catch. The blog is called Disabled Angler. Boy, did that bring back many memories of me and my dad fishing.
7. Then, I won wonderful handmade cards from Tanya who has a blog called 3 Cats Creations.As I am getting into making cards, I was truly inspired by her creations.
8.Lastly, tonight, I found out from Monica of Giddy Greetings that I won the most incredible prize, which was the Xyron 5" Creative Station. It laminates, makes stickers, and magnets. Well, when I use my Cricut Expression and create the die cuts, I will be placing some of the smaller die cuts in there to create adhesive backings. That blew my mind, as it comes with the cartridge, inspiration sheets, and a manual.

I may have been sick since Christms with shingles, still need to gain my strength back, but am I not the luckiest Irish lassie ever? I was just tickled pink with it all!
I was so happy to be part of OWOH, and definitely will take part in it again next year.

Finally, my pink Cricut Expression bundle is arriving on Wednesday, so I will be busy for a while trying to figure out the machine, and then making some wonderful cards. My supplies have not arrived yet...the machine will be here before they arrive, but I will be practicing the cuts with cardstock and reading the manual....I want to know everything about it, as it has the capacity to do so much! I am also taking a course online starting March 3rd for the Cricut Expression from
My Creative Classroom. For 25 dollars, they will provide PDFS, slideshows, videos, forums, and contact with the teacher. There will be projects to complete, so it should be very helpful and fun.

I will take a pic of my Cricut Expression when it arrives. Off to watch tv!

39 comments:

Nedra said...

I think you carry with you the luck of the Irish. Congratulations on all your wins!

Patty said...

Yes Lass you are a lucky girl.

Jackie's Stitches said...

You are certainly lucky! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better each day.

What is OWOH?

Unknown said...

Wow...the luck of the Irish! congratulations Miki! whoohoooo!

hugz
Pam

Gene Black said...

Wow! My luck must have rubbed off on you! Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend Micki...What can I say, The Luck Of The Irish!!!

Terrie Sandelin said...

Congratulations! How lovely is that? And I hope you continue to feel better!

Colleen Barnett said...

You are the luckiest Colleen out there! Great name that, by the way!

I hope we get to see pics of the winnings sometime?

Barb said...

Oh wow....that is wonderful....makes up for you being sick....

Pat said...

WOW........I'm really happy to hear of all your wins! Hey....you may still have more and weren't notified yet about them.....LOL Your prizes all sound terrific!!! Congrats on all of that!

Jocelyn said...

Wow Micki! You certainly have the luck of the Irish :-) Enjoy your wins.

Liz said...

Congratulations Micki, couldn't have all gone to anyone more deserving. Just the boost you need to push your strength up! Have fun with your new machine and make sure you show us what you're up to with it.
lizzie
xxx

marina said...

Congratulations Micki. You are one lucky girl!

Julia said...

Wow Micki! 8 wins...You certainly have the luck of the Irish...a lovely cheer up for you.. Enjoy your wins.
Julia ♥

PurestGreen said...

If I were you I would gather all my winnings around me and laugh and laugh...
Congratulations!

Mystica said...

Congrats on all the wins.

Searchfamilies said...

Congratulations you certainly have the luck of the Irish lol
Hugs Janice

Chris H said...

AMAZING Luck!!! And you deserve it. {{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

Micki, firstly happy you are feeling better and that you are regaining your strength, if winning all these prizes doesn't help then I would be surprised. And you know what I love about your blog? the butterflies! they are my favourite thing, an example of how something can be transformed.

Anonymous said...

As I have said before Micki, you are one lucky lady. Congrats on all the wins.

Willow

Maggey and Jim said...

Wow, Micki, that is wonderful and so glad you are feeling better..Have fun with that new gadget..Can't wait to see your creations..
Maggey

Unknown said...

Your going to be one busy Lass Micki. Glad your feeling better. Have great week.

Smiles from TX

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations Micki. I'm really very happy for you. Enjoy your prizes and your new cricut.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Loralynn said...

Amazing wins! I won two, which amazed me as I didn't even enter 1/4 of the giveaways! You are going to have a blast with your new toys!!!

Danielle said...

You sure are one lucky girl, I hope it makes you feel better each time one arrives!

Paperfanatic said...

Hi Micki, Karen here. I remembered you asked me about the Cricut. I have found a blogger who design some great files and has good tutorials. the link is http://www.pennyduncancreations.com/.You may find her blog helpful.

SheilaC said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better.... you sure did deserve all the wonderful prizes you won!

You needed some sunshiny goodness :)

SHeilaC

Babs said...

Congratulations. So, there is a good thing at being sick ;-)

Judy S. said...

Sounds just like the pick-me-up you needed! You locky gal!

Lisa V said...

Congratulations on all your wins, you scored well! I unfortunately lucked out this time and didn't win anything again. Oh well, maybe next time.
LISA V.

Nat Palaskas said...

Wow Micki, you are toally a lucky girl and you deserved to win after being sick for so long. Enjoy your prized - Hugs Nat

webbsway said...

Wow Mickie!
Talk about the luck of the Irish! Wow! But there is nobody sweeter. Enjoy and be happy and SPRING is coming! Yea!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

well done you, luck of the Irish huh!

quiltmom anna said...

Wow,
What a nice collection of prizes you won Micki- I was fortunate also and won a pair of earrings and a basket with some hand dyed fabrics and a prize with some stickers from a young girl whose mom had a blog giveaway as well. The best part of OWOH was the chance to meet some new bloggers. I love my blogging friends- they are just nicest people- just like you. Nice to know you are feeling better and am looking forward to seeing you using your new cutter.
Warmest regards,
Anna
Warmest regards,
Anna

Khris said...

You blog hussy...LMAO
Well done....hugs Khris

Tanya said...

You are so lucky to have won 8 times, congratulations. Thank you for your kind words on my blog, I appreciate it so much. I am glad you are feeling better : )

ceecee said...

You must have been born under a lucky Irish star - in Philly. Hope you're feeling better and back to the old you.

Catherine

Unknown said...

You have Irish Luck! I entered some but never ever won, so I see that some people have luck, others none at all.
I also don't believe in random numbers, maybe it's me, but a lot of repeats on winners circles.

Stephanie Hughes said...

Micki, I think it's a record...wow! I completely know how horrible Shingles are because both my mom, my dad and I suffer from them. It is very painful. God bless you and I hope you feel better. Stephanie