Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fabrics and Siggies Arrive and a Bit of Bad News


Fat Quarter Shop sent me a lovely batik FQ bundle. I mostly have batiks in my stash and Michael Miller fairy frost fabrics, and I just love them!
The mailman also brought me some wonderful siggies. I am getting very close to having enough siggies to make our double sized quilt, and I am very excited about that. I received one siggy from Nell, who is from Virginia, Janey who is from Northhampton in England, Gerry who is from the Netherlands, Hannie who is also from the Netherlands, and finally one from Edith in Belgium. As you can see, they are all very pretty, and I thank one and all for sending me such special siggy blocks.

Now for the bad news....The day was going well, until a virus hit our main computer. Joe managed to get into the computer, but it won't start on its own when it is turned on. He is saving all our documents/photos onto our simple drive, and it is nearly 1 AM, so it doesn't look like we are getting much sleep tonight. I am writing on our laptop, and thank God we have that ! We will have to take our main computer into Letterkenny and have the technicians deal with it.
Needless to say, we are not in the best of moods.

Getting off of that subject...I do want to thank everyone who sent me lovely get well cards in the mail. They really made me feel so good, and I do thank you from the bottom of my heart. When I get my Cricut Expression and have learned how to use the machine and software, expect a handmade card from me to show my deepest appreciation.(By the way, that will be arriving in about a week's time.) I also have received many emails wishing me well, and all those are greatly appreciated too. I am feeling a bit stronger each day, and I have been resting, so as they say, "Time is a great healer."

This is going to be a long night with our computer, but hey, we have each other.

28 comments:

Nedra said...

You are the second person I have heard from today that had their computer crash. So sorry to hear of the virus, and hope things are fixed soon.
Glad to hear you are on the mend too.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I sure hope Joe can work through it all. Technical issues can be a really frustrating experience in my opinion - but I'm not good at that stuff.

I'm glad you're feeling better and hope that you gain strength each day.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I can't wait to see you post some photos of the cards you make with your cricut. By the way...what size are the siggies. I may attempt.Never made one. Would like to send you one too. So sorry about the computer.... hate technology gone bad!

Pat said...

I'm sorry to hear about the computer virus. Most of us have so many things stored on our computers that it is very frightening when we have them become infected and we fear we will lose things. I hope you get it straightened out soon. Nice mail packages you got, though.

Julia said...

I'm sorry to hear about the computer virus Micki....it really is a pain in the butt when that happens,,I hope you managed to save everything..
Great mail, at least that's a bit of goood news.
Julia ♥

Loralynn said...

So sorry to hear about your computer. I know only too well THAT headache!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you get your computer up and running soon. It is so frustrating when that happens. I was without my own computer for four months. It was no fun at all because I keep all of my appointments, to do lists, and address book in there. I had papers laying all over the place. I'm glad your feeling better.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi Micki,
Computers are wonderful until they do something like this. I have an external hard drive now that I keep all my files (photos etc) backed up on, saves the worry when something like this happens!!

I hope you get it sorted OK

Unknown said...

Hi Miki,
Gosh, somehow I missed that you were ill and boy am I happy to hear you are on the mend! That is great news. How large should the siggy blocks be? I would love to be in your quilt. vbg. Hope you are back online in no time! Take care...
hugz
Pam

Greg said...

I love the fabric and the blocks. I must have missed that swap somewhere. Glad you're feeling better and sorry to hear about the computer.

Chris H said...

I hope your main computer can be fixed without you loosing too much info from it!

Barb said...

Sorry about your computer!!!! So frustrating!!

Clara said...

Micki, I know the terrible reality of having the computer out of work! The laptop my daughter used had the hard disk crashed: in it we had 8 years of family pictures! To recuperate them we have to pay a lot of money (about 600 €!!!!). We haven't decided yet what to do, but I've to admit that I don't want to lose those memories. For the future, it's better to do a backup!
Second, Micki, I ordered some faric at Fat Quarter shop (as you once suggested me) : lovely fabric and nice cistomer care.
Take care. Hugs, Clara.

Cattinka said...

Thank god the bad news only concern the computer, I already thought you are feeling sick again.
I hope the technicians can handle your computer problem and I know how annoying it is I had computer problems all year already.
KATRIN W.

Jane said...

Oh Micki, I know how you feel about the computer, Hope you save all your stuff. Hugs xxx

Simone de Klerk said...

So much loveliness in your post (O:
Glad you are feeling better and hope you and Joe were able to fix the problems with your computer.
Take care!

Maggi said...

Those batiks are wonderful and I can't wait to see your siggy quilt made up.

Awful about your computer. What a good thing that Joe was able to save all your documents. I hope it can be fixed for you.

Gene Black said...

I hope your computer is an easy fix!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Sooooooo sorry about the computer virus!

Every time anyone mentions getting a computer virus, I have to say, that is the main reason we switched to a Mac. So far, the bad guys only make virus/worms/etc. for Pc computers.

Worry about getting virus/worms/etc. on our old Pc's, pushed us to Mac. And we love Mac's! For this reason, and all round. :-)

Cobblestone Creations said...

A-ha! Another fabric junkie! ;) Best of luck with the computer ~ sounds like what you need is a bit of serenity. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and the fabric and siggies are beautiful.

I hope you get the computer fixed. I hate when one gets those virus in the computer.


Willow

Joanne Lendaro said...

Sorry about your computer I hope it recovers without too much trouble! Good to see that you are feeling better, welcome back!

Soggibottom said...

We have been there with gremlins in our computer last year. No fun...no matter how careful you are they sneak in.....
x x x
pleased you feel better xxx

andsewon said...

oh no.. sorry about the PC.
I cross my fingers every day that mine will be safe as we do all we can to make it so!
Sounds like you are doing a lot better so that is good.
Hugs,
Lola

Patty said...

Hope you can get that virus taken care of, I know how much of a pain that is. Glad to hear you are still on the mend.

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Micki! Sorry to hear about your 'puter problems, but I am very happy to hear you're feeling better! ((hugs)) ~tina

Carrie said...

Darn computer viruses. So glad you are up and going again. Hope you are getting better ever day!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Micki dearest,

what a great gift you received! ALtered books are my favorite, and I am currently working on one. And your sewing projects are just great! Thank you for kindly leaving a message on my post; it means a lot to me that anyone would enjoy my posts!

Have a lovely evening in beautiful Ireland!

Anita