Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Exciting Day...Packages and My Cricut Expression Arrive

The mailman was a busy bee today because of our mail. I received a lovely angel fake book/box in the mail. This was one of the prizes that I won in the OWOH Giveaway. It looks like a book from the outside, but it is really a box, and my oh my is it beautiful! Lisa gave this to me, and needless to say I am thrilled. Thanks so much Lisa! As you can see by the pic, I have filled it with craft items.
Then, I got the cutest cashmere mouse in the mail called Serenity, which was another prize from the OWOH Giveaway. It is only two and a half inches , but the detail on the mouse is incredible. If you look at the mouse's eyelashes , the whiskers, and all the details, you will be as amazed as I was at Laura's incredible talent. Thank you too so much! As if those two were not enough, I got a lovely get well card from Barb, and she also sent me a beautiful piece of Samoan fabric, in addition to two gorgeous buttons. Thank you too Barb...It really brightened up my day. Finally, another prize from OWOH Giveaway arrived. It was two books. One is a charming cloth doll book, a machine embroidery book, and two huffalumps.Thanks to Jules so much!









Last but not surely least, my Pink Cricut Expression arrived.I was so excited to set it up and begin to use it . I have so much to learn. Most of my supplies for the cards are in transit and won't arrive till next week, but I had a bit of supplies to make myself a tag, which I am using as a bookmark.I used the shadow button for the green tag in the back, which creates a shadow effect, and then the end cap button to create the front tab, and it really does cut out all the shapes incredibly, as you can see. Of course, I had to add adhesive ribbon and gems to finish it off. I can't wait till my supplies arrive, so I can make a card. I ordered tons of things. Anyways, I did get a bit of fancy paper as you see, which was anther prize I won from The Frog Palace blog, as part of the OWOH Giveaway, so I was able to practice with my machine, and make the bookmark. Thanks Wendy for all of that ! I was just happy that I was able to cut with the machine and begin to figure it out. You know how intimidating new machines can get. I still have lots to learn, as the machine can do so much. Plus, there is the software to learn...My Goodness this was an exciting day! I am off to watch Criminal Minds soon. Hope you all had a lovely day!

34 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh my - what fabulous things you had in the mail today. You are quite the lucky one. Enjoy it all!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Micki, they all look like wonderful gifts.

Willow

Needled Mom said...

Oh, wow, Micki, the postman has been realy busy at your house.

I can't wait to see all of the fun things you creat with the new Cricut.

Cobblestone Creations said...

Thank-you for your kind words. So glad your mouse has arrived safely and that you are pleased. :)

I'm working on a tiny leprechaun mouse at the moment. Perhaps I should have accompained Serenity on her journey to do some research first. ;)

Laura
http://cobblestonecreations.net/

Maggey and Jim said...

What an exciting day.. Lots of goodies and things to try. Looks like you are going to be busy..all of your gifts were so nice and the little mouse is sweet..
Maggey

Soggibottom said...

My word it pays to be ill sometimes.
:-)
Really pleased at least you have something to show for all the days in bed aw...poor you....

It's called what goes around comes around... you needed everything! x x x Good for you x x x

Lisa said...

I'm glad you recieved your angel book. I love knowing that part of me is in Ireland!

Best wishes.

Gene Black said...

What a GREAT mail day.

I know you are thrilled to get the Cricut. Of course you will be more thrilled when the other supplies arrive. (((grin))

Miriam said...

Wow, you are receiving some wonderful gifts!
Have lots of fun with your pink Cricut. I hope your supplies arrive soon.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Just like Christmas!! Can't wait to see how you progress on the new toy! I've got a Robo that I purchased several years ago. It's used for school projects now..

Joy said...

Congratulaions Micki, what fabulous prizes. That little mouse is just unbelievably adorable ;o)!!!
Love the bookmark, you're gonna have LOADS of fun with that little contraption, I can see it now ;o)!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

scraphappy said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see all the fabulous things you are going to make with your great new toy.

Patty said...

Can't wait to see what else you can make with your new toy.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What wonderful gifts! I'm glad your Cricut arrived and can't wait to see what you do with it!

Pat said...

Great gifts you got in the mail and I just know we are going to be treated to some special photos of things you make with your new machine!

The French Bear said...

How exciting, I love getting things in the mail.... makes up for being stuck in winter and sick!!!
I am excited for you and all your parcels!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Laurie said...

Wow, what a bundle of treats in the mail! I am so jealous of your Cricut! I am looking forward to seeing what you create with it all!

Greg said...

I'm thinking the postman HATED you today... But thats okay if he did. You've got a lot of great goodies to play with to ease the pain!!

Susan said...

you did have a great mail day!!

but you need to check your messages! there is a surprise for you...you can see it on my blog.
Susan

Anita said...

Now what's going on here? Micki, you've been winning lots of giveaways, getting things in the mail....that's it! I'm pitching a tent in your front yard and waiting for the postie to come. Race you to the mail box girl. lol. Kind regards, Anita.

Kath said...

I love your book mark! nice work! I am envious of your lovely box, lucky girl. Enjoy your new craft.

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow, Micki, so much loveliness that came your way! And everyting is so special.
Congratulations with all your wins!!!

Nancy M. said...

I'm so glad it finally came! I know you will enjoy using it!

Barb said...

Now that is a good mail day.....I am sure your heart is still racing with excitement!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations on the new toy Micki! I can't wait to see all of your new creations. I am a card maker too (without fancy tools) so love to see new projects.

Shannon said...

How fun that you got all those gifts!!!
I was so excited to find in my mailbox today, the OWOH giveaway I won from your blog :)
Everything is so great. I have three daughters and they're all ooohing and aaaahing over the gifts. Thank you so much!
I will post a blog on your work soon.
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you struck gold :>) I can't wait to see all of the pretty things you make either. What fun! It sounds like your having a great week.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

oh I like Criminal Minds too!!

Searchfamilies said...

Well you had a good day with the help of your postman lol enjoy all your goodies
Hugs Janice

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki! Love your blog...I need to get one of those circuit thingys too...boy it would make my mixed media life a LOT easier...by the way...I watch Criminal Minds EVERY single night...I can't wait til new episodes come on...getting sick of reruns! Thanks for entering my blog giveaway and I hope to chat with you again!

XOXO Jess

Heckety said...

How lovely! And how exciting! all those things and all those ideas crowding in your head! I'll be surprised if we see you in blogland for about a month at least!!! But then we will expect to have a guided tour of all your experiments and creations!!

Clara said...

An award for friendship and for your kindness. If you like it, it's waiting for you on my blog! Have a nice weekend, Clara.

The Running Garlic said...

Hi! Heckerty sent me over to check out your fantastic blog! I just purchased a Cricut this past Friday also so I am glad to find another newbie on the machine. It looks SO amazing - my mind is trying to focus on what to make! Nice to meet you!
http://therunninggarlic.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

holy cow! what a great mail day you had......I love the cricut, you are going to have a lot of fun with it!