Thursday, February 4, 2010

Feeling Better

I just wanted to tell you all that I am feeling much better. All the antibiotics have finally kicked in , and the pain has gone down quite a bit. I am very run down, but all I have to do now is build my strength up. We will be buying some multivitamins, and I will have to take them diligently, as shingles has a tendency to really lower your immune system and the aftereffects have been no fun.It started before Christmas, but this last week was the worst, as a result of the infection and pain. I have been on the laptop, read a lot of the magazines that I have and I am glad that I am feeling better, because I would have gone stir crazy. I don't seem to have much strength, so I have not been back to sewing, etc. I will be doing four siggies today, as they have been on the backburner since I was ill, and they really need to go out in the mail, but other than that, I will wait till next week for any really challenging, creative projects. I have to machine quilt my miniature, and then I have a Celtic wallhanging to complete. I got those lovely hand dyed fabrics to complete it, and it should be lovely.

I have been researching the Cricut, and I will be getting the Cricut Expression ,and try to get the pink one. I found out that besides the various things that I can do with it concerning scrapbooking and paper crafting, I can cut applique pieces on it. If you iron Steam-A-Seam 2 on the back of fabric, It will cut the fabric with the designs that you put into the software. Since I love applique, how nice is that! I have been realizing that there are endless possibilities to this machine!

Thanks again for all your concern! It has been an ordeal, but I didn't lose my sense of humour and that is good. I am grateful that I am feeling so much better. Tomorrow, I see the doctor, and then hopefully, I can put it behind me.
Off to read a book! I do have to admit that I have rested a lot in the last few days....that is a good thing!

66 comments:

Colleen said...

Glad you are recovering Micki.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Love and Miss you!! Glad you are beginning to feel better! Take it slow and easy, LOTS of rest! Hugs!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Micki Sweetie...
Praise God for taking his precious hands and healing your little body. I have never had shingles, but my dear BIL and other friends that I know have, and they have told me it is so painful. I am so greatful that you are on the road to recovery. I will continue to keep you in my prayers sweetie. I have already written your name down in my prayer book that I read from each day.

I can't wait to see the Celtic piece finished. You know what a fan I am of quilting and I so love your work. What treasures you create.

Please try to have a beautiful day. Don't over do it now, if you get that Cricut, don't play yourself out with it. See ya soon sweetie. Country hugs and so much love...Sherry

Joy said...

Oh Micki I'm so glad you're starting to feel better. Keep taking it easy and let your body recover ;o)!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Clara said...

Happy to read good news, Micki. Hope you're going to feel better and better day by day. Take care and have lot of rest. Clara.

Maggi said...

I am glad to hear that you are recovering and that you are getting plenty of rest. Just don't rush into anything. I am sure people waiting for their siggies will understand. I do like the Celtic wallhanging though - no wonder you want to get started on that. Maggi

Lurline said...

I think you probably mean so much improved, Girlfriend - lovely to see you back, just take it easy and get better!
hugs - Lurline♥

Jocelyn said...

So glad to see you posting again. I thought yesterday how much I missed seeing your posts. Glad that you are on the mend. Just try not to over do.

Kaye said...

So glad that you are feeling better. Just get back to everyday work slowly, don't overdo pr you'll get a relapse

Heckety said...

So glad to hear you are on the mend! Take it slow now though d'you hear!

Rafael's Mum said...

So glad you are starting to feel better Micki! Take it easy now and let Joe do the pampering.. Don't overdo things and only get back to it when you are feeling right on top again!

Pat said...

I am so relieved that you are doing better and hope that is the END of any shingles for you....forever.

Maggey and Jim said...

Oh, you have been missed and so good to see you back on..Please, take care and don't get yourself down. Sometime when we do feel better we tend to overdo it..I am sure Joe will be there to squash that bug..
Hugs and well wishes
Maggey

Simone de Klerk said...

I'm so glad you feel better and that you took enough rest and are still taking it!
I hope you have some sun like we do. Blue skies and mild temperatures. Reminds me of Spring (O:

sewfunquilts said...

Glad some of the pain is gone. Now don't over do it and still get lots of rest. Take those vitamens.

SewCalGal said...

Micki,

Glad to hear you are getting better, and that you are even thinking of sewing some SIGGIES today. That is a great sign. But can't wait for you to feel 100% again {hopefully soon}.

Keep me posted if you get the cricut and use it to cut fabric. I have one, but haven't been impressed with how it cuts fabric (not as advertised). Currently looking at the SLICE. I was able to talk with both Manufacturers at the CHA show and really lean toward the slice!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kaaren said...

Great news, Micki. Glad to hear that the worst is over. Take care of yourself and don't rush things.

Tammy said...

Glad you are feeling better Micki.
Best wishes, prayers and hugs being sent your way.

Kath said...

Glad you are on the mend, but take it slowly :D

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Thank you for telling us that you are beginning to feel better.

But please stick right to rest, and taking very good care of yourself.

Gentle hugs...

Zlaty said...

I am so glad you are feeling better Micki!

Enjoy the rest as you will be full of ideas and ready to create when you recover.

Barb said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad you are doing better!!!!

Nancy M. said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I hope you get your strength back soon!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great that you are starting to feel better - now when the energy returns you will be able to finish all the stuff you've just dreamed about lately. Take care.

Unknown said...

I'm glad your feeling better. My mom had the shingles once, I know what you went through. HUGS

Marlene said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better but don't rush things. Let Joe keep pampering you!
Love and Hugs
Marls

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Still take care of yourself and take things slow.

Willow

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It's good to hear you're feeling a lot better :) Did you know you can get SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) software that allows you to cut any image and font on the Cricut?
Anne xx

Poppyprint said...

Great news! Take it slow Micki.

Holly Days Closet said...

I'm so glad your feeling better. I have a cricut and love it I'm hoping to get the SCAL program so I can use all the free fonts and stuff on line. I haven't use it for my quilting yet but hope to.
Holly

Beansieleigh said...

Very good news!! So glad to hear you're feeling better, Micki!.. And it sure looks like a great deal of FUN can be had with that Cricut!! Just take care of YOU first! ((hugs)) ~tina

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi Micki,
so glad to hear that you are making some progress to recovery, do continue to take it easy tho - you don't want a relapse, and sounds like you planning on doing a lot - take it easy. You have so many well wishers so take their advice. We all want to see you well and fit and happy

Liz said...

Welcome back Micki, so glad that you are on the mend. Lots of rest, good books and attention from the lovely Joe should do the trick. Take good care my friend.
Lizzie
XXX

Julia said...

I'm so glad your feeling better Micki..
Take it easy and don't overdo it..
Lots of rest and you'll be your old self very soon.
Hugs Julia ♥

Colleen Barnett said...

Glad to hear you are almost back on your feet. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Go slow and enjoy the chance to catch up on your reading!

xx

Unknown said...

Oh Micki~so glad to hear you are feeling a little better~now pace yourself....slow but sure..you have been thru a really tough time~

Patty said...

Glad you're on the mend.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Good on you Micki...keep taking it slowly, and have a restful weekend...Dzintra♥x

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better. Have a great weekend!!

Laurie said...

Oh Micki, nothing can keep you down! Don't overdo it -- you said you've had shingles before so you know how bad it can be afterwards. Please keep resting!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Continue to get plenty of rest and build your strength!

I'm looking forward to seeing all the neat things you can do with the Cricut machine.

Chris H said...

SO GLAD you are feeling better chick!

scraphappy said...

So glad to hear you are doing better. I don't have the cricut, but I have a similar cutter called a sizzix which I have used to do applique. It is nice to be able to cut the shapes with so much precision. I hope your recovery continues on track and you are back to your normal activities soon.

Nat Palaskas said...

Welcome back to blogland. Glad to hear that you on the mend. Those multivitamins will help a lot so please take them (Joe, can you hear me? Make sure Micki takes them LOL!) Hugs to both Nat

Lady of the Cloth said...

I am so sorry to hear that you've been "under the weather". Shingles are nothing to take lightly. You are in my prayers and well wishes are winging your way from across the pond. Carline

Gene Black said...

Somehow this didn't show up in my list of blogs that have been updated. So I am late reading it.

So glad to hear you are feeling better. Just take it easy and don't get a relapse. Please!

I want to see that wall hanging when you get it done.

Mystica said...

I do hope you get better soon. Take as much rest as you need otherwise you will have a relapse.

Mrs Quilty said...

So glad you are on the mend! It has been a terrible ordeal for you and so horrible to go through. You are starting to think of your projects and that is a good sign! Hugs, Barbara

Judy S. said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend at last! Hope you feel better and peppier each day. Are you reading something fun I hope?

Tara said...

I am glad you are feeling somewhat better, it sounds like the process is painfully slow. Your new pink toy you are planning to order should cheer you up, it looks like fun! Blessings and a speedy recovery Micki.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So happy that you are feeling better Micki! Don't overdo it and go backwards though.

ceecee said...

Oh goodness, I've missed your last two posts and didn't know how sick you've been. That's terrible! I hope you're on the mend, Micki. Take it easy and get lots of rest. We'll see you soon.

Catherine

Anonymous said...

Hello Micki, I sympathise with you....my Dad has had the Shingles since before Christmas and in terrible pain......glad you are recovering...a bath may help depending where the shingles are.....Hugs Lyn

Unknown said...

Well I know someone who had shingles and it went on for months before the pain went away. I feel terrible for you!
So happy that you are feeling better. Have you never had chicken pox? The virus is so related, so it's hard to get. Yes it does run you down, so take vitamins and don't forget to up the Vitamin D to at least 2000 units a day.

Frog Quilter said...

Sorry you had the dreaded shingles. YUCK!

Glad you are on the mend. Smiles, Hugs and lots of good wishes.

Beeshebags said...

Micki, I'm so glad the anti biotics have kicked in and you're feeling better. Just don't overdo it too quick, as we don't want you having a relapse or catching any other nasties while your immune system is low. Love the Cricut machine....sounds like fun, I love the Accucuts also....just no where to keep one let alone afford one! hee hee hee Can't wait to see what you make with your new baby when you get it. Hugs Naomi

webbsway said...

O Mickie ,
I am so glad that you are getting better! I am so sorry that you had to go through this ordeal.
Looking forward to seeing your "candle" burning bright once again.
Hugs, Linda

Searchfamilies said...

Glad your feeling better at least it while the weather is not as good so being in the warm is not as bad as it is when it the summer & the sun is shining take care
Hugs Janice

The French Bear said...

Micki, I am so happy to know you are feeling better...... I am excited fro you to get the Cricut! I have heard it is fabulous!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Millie said...

Micki, glad you are feeling better. Enjoy that book!

Bia, from Brazil said...

So happy to know you´re feeling better. The new medicine against shingles are powerful and you´ll regain strength slowly but regularly and we´ll all be here hoping that you get over this completely.

This cricut toy must be quite something. I always say I was born in the wrong place!!!!!!!!!!! It may be possible to buy it through the web but what about technical assistance! I´ll have to move. Better late than ever!

The celtic quilt is beyond imagination. Gorgeous. Go for it! Using cricut or not.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Don't care what the doctor said.... Hope you keep right on resting!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Micki!
First of all, get well soon from those shingles! I had them, my husband had them as well, from STRESS! It was not good and I know what you must be going through. Thank you for taking the time to come to visit with me. How kind of you! Other than shingles, how is life in your stone cottage? ! Have fun, Anita

Anonymous said...

Micki,

Just now read that you haven't been well. I hope you get to feeling better soon! :)

That Cricut looks absolutely cool!

Wendy said...

Hi Micki, so glad you are recovering and are back online. Take it slow so no relapse will occur. May God continue to heal your body so that you never have to deal with this again. Take good care of yourself and be sure to get plenty of rest.

Unknown said...

I am so gald you are feeling better and I think you will really enjoy your cricut...they are fun! Melinda