Friday, July 23, 2010

A New Day,I've Been Interviewed, and The Slow Poker Quilter's Club


Yes, like Scarlett O'Hara said, that beautiful Irish woman, "Tomorrow is another day." That's what I said to myself last night thinking on that day from hell that I wrote about. Today. is sunny, cool, but so nice. Joe and I are going shopping in Letterkenny....I am, of course, going with him, support bandage and all. I intend to have a bright and happy day.

The good news is that I was interviewed by Stephanie on her blog A Ditchin' Time Quilts, and you can see it here. It was nice to be interviewed by someone else for a change, as I am always doing monthly interviews for my Stars of the Month. I hope you enjoy my interview and visit and read it, as I think you will learn new things about me.Thanks Steph so much for interviewing me and making me your first interview.

Also, I joined the Slow Poker Quilters' Club. I know I joined the Charming Girls Quilts Club to set goals, and I think they are imprortant, but I do believe in enjoying the process, which is what Slow Poker Quilter's Club is all about. I have always enjoyed the process of making a quilt, especially since I made the Sylvia Bridal Sampler. There were so many blocks on the quilt, and it took me four months to make, but I enjoyed each and every day that I made the blocks. It was the most fun that I had on a quilt. To remind you, here is a pic of the quilt, but you will see this one in my interview too, as I do love it so much!

So I do believe in creating a balance...setting realistic goals, but most of all enjoying the whole process to the fullest. That is what I have always done, so the latest club just seemed perfect for me.

Enjoy your weekend! The dogs are all rested after their ordeal, and are happy as Larry. Joe and I are in the mood for a new day....We do have each other and always will, so I am a lucky bunny indeed! I will embark the day with a positive attitude, support bandage and all!

18 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Micki, congratulations on your interview. I read it and yes learned more about you and Joe. It's good that someone else interview you instead of your to them - Hugs Nat

Tracey said...

Tomorrow is a good way of thinking for me at moment as i do take every day as it comes,
Will read your interview sounds good idea,

Take care

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is lovely, and 4 months to make such an intricate quilt sounds speedy to me! I'm still working on Dear Jane (on and off, mostly off) and it's been years since I started that one. I LOVE the name of the quilters club -- 'Slow Poker' works for me. ;)

Pat said...

I think I have NOT worked on my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt for longer than it took you to MAKE yours!!! LOL I guess I'd make a good member of a slow pokers' club, too.

Vicki H. said...

Yesterday is behind you, whew. What a day. I hope your recouperation is speedy and that your dogs are feeling better. My last dog was awful at the vet. It got to a point where it took 2-4 adults to care for him at one time. Then he got much better but a difficult dog to handle because he was 100 pounds.

Be well and hopefully you will be on your daily walks again soon. BTW I absolutely love the Bridal quilt pictured.

Susan In Texas said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I'm so sorry about your knee troubles (and for your poor traumatized doggies too! My dogs always used to HATE getting their nails trimmed. And our Saint Bernard once almost created a new doorway to the vet's examining room!)

I'm really impressed with how much you have been able to get done. I had surgery just a month ago and I have gotten almost NOTHING done since then. I had to laugh when you said it took you 4 months to get all the blocks done for the bridal sampler. It would have taken me 4+ years!

Hope your knee is all better very soon.

Susan in Texas

Katie :o) said...

Wow... four months for that sampler quilt??? That would be a dream for me :o) I guess I belong to the really-really-slowpokers-group :o)

Jackie's Stitches said...

Can you walk with your knee? I sure hope you're feeling better!

Your version of Sylvia's Bridal Sampler is just fantastic. 4 months seems quick to me too.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Congratulations on your interview. I'm off to read all about you. Sorry about your knee problems and dog problems. Hope things start getting better for you. Love that quilt!

Nanette Merrill said...

You are funny Micki. How nice to be interviewed! I enjoyed getting caught up with you today.

Stephanie Hughes said...

I enjoyed interviewing you. Your love story is wonderful and it is an amazing story. Thanks for the time you invested in making my blog very special. Stephanie

webbsway said...

O Micki - you had me rolling laughing about the donkey and the vet! LOL - Sounds like something that would happen to me! LOL - I'm sorry - the story is just sooo funny!

I guess even angels (you and Joe) can get into trouble ever now and then. I bet you chalked up several points with the head angel!

It is people like you and Joe that make our world so special. We might have to start a Mickie's Health journal, as I am thinking back to last year and some of your health challenges. Makes you appreciate the good days twice as much.

I love you Micki - keep up the good work and you and Joe try to stay out of trouble! ( I bet back when you were teaching that you could NEVER imagined that you would lead this beautiful life in Ireland ???)

Nancy said...

Micki, You and your husband are so kind to try to help animals and I am sorry it put you in harm's way. I admire your positive outlook though. I agree with you about your different approaches to your quilting. I struggle with that same balance with my crafting-goals and just meandering along enjoying the process at my leisure. Have a great weekend.

Simone de Klerk said...

Such a good quote that stays with you!

Nancy said...

Micki, I just read of your terrible day. I'm so sorry but I hope today is so much better. It is probably a lesson that we need to stay home and just quilt. It is mostly safer except for when we are using the rotary cutter.

Hope you're healing goes well and quickly.

Nancy said...

I just enlarged the picture of your Silvia's Bridal Sampler. Oh, my goodness. It is beautiful. I love the colors you used.

Maggi said...

What a brilliant interview Micki, I really enjoyed reading it.

Ivory Spring said...

Micki,

Read the interview. Wonderful story about how you met Joe. You are most deserving of the interview! :) What a star you are.