Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Siggies and News

I received many siggies, and they are all lovely, as you can see. I was sewing siggies and mailing them out, and I am down to needing only 10 more. I counted them yesterday, and was going to start to put it all together, but I am still 10 short, so I will wait. Thanks to Marjorie from Australia,Sherry from Canada,Karyn from California,Corinne from Virginia,Ria from Belgium,Mia from the Netherlands,Lone from Denmark, Reidun from Norway, Monique from Canada and Lotte from Denmark.They are all lovely!
As to news about myself....I am feeling much better since I got my latest medications. After the infection went away, the doctor said that I had extensive nerve damage in my head...not too good. I was in pain, and just felt very sick. The doctor gave me meds that are given also to epileptics, and they are supposed to be directly for nerve damage. She said that they could work very well, or not work at all. Well, thank God, the meds kicked in and I don't have the pain anymore nor the other effects that I was feeling. The damage will always be there, but at least I have medicines that help me with the effects of the nerve damage. I was so thrilled to be feeling well....Yeah!!!! I am on a bunch of meds, but as long as they work, that's ok by me. Joe is in charge of giving me all of my meds, and needless to say, he is really taking care of me. I am spoiled rotten!
Joe and I have been still walking each day for 5 miles, and the weather has been very cool for summer weather. I have not sewed that much at all nor done any of my hobbies. I have just rested,played Wii games and read books. I think that it is just what I needed.
This week I am ordering half of the supplies that I need for the Twilight Journal, and then next week, I will order the rest. As most of the supplies are coming from two stores in Ireland(Crafty Alley and Crafty Angels), I will get them very quickly, so by next weekend, I should be beginning.
I found perfect paper from Core'dinations that funny enough was made for the Twilight fans. It is called Core'dinations Jenni Bowlin Embossed Assortment pack in the Vintage Ruby and Black colours. I am gettiing that from Oyster Stamps in the UK, so it will just coordinate perfectly for the Twilight theme.
Tons of other supplies will be coming, including a lot of Tim Holtz items. I can't wait to try the distressed inks, perfect pearls, masks, Tim's stamps, and of course some of his ideology items.If you watch any of his videos on his site, you may want to try some of his products.Tim is really amazing! It is going to be an incredible journal. I am also ordering from Amazon Uk Twilight : The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion, and I will be using some of the pics in there for the journal, after I read it of course...LOL
Hope all is well with you all! I have visited many blogs and can see that you all are keeping busy. Enjoy your week! I am seeing Eclipse on Friday with Joe, so I am super excited!







28 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

So happy to hear you are doing better, Micki! And you are so right, being happy with medicines when they help you. That is how I think about it!
Oh, and while reading this post, I remembered something I got in the States and I think it would be perfect for you (o: So, my dear friend, watch your post!!!
Take care and I am so happy for you spoiled rotten by Joe!

Beatriz said...

Micki, our brain (just like the rest of ouw body) restores damages by itself.The medicine will help and your own body will do the rest. Let it take as long as necessary to heal itself. Why hurry? Just don´t worry.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I am soooooooooooooooo glad that the meds worked!!!! And you are feeling better.

Gentle hugs...

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

My Icon? It's wishful thinking. We are in a stretch of HOT weather. Ughhhhhhh...

rockgranny said...

I am so glad that the meds worked and you are feeling better.I'll send you siggy first thing tommorow, I don't how I miss to do it before.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Enjoy the movie and the scrapbooking Micki! So nice to have a great guy to take good care of you.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a relief to hear you are feeling much better! I know Joe will continue to spoil you even though you are.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you're doing with all your new supplies. I have not seen any of the Twilight movies nor have I read the books. I have the first 2 and really should get to reading them.

Pat said...

I'm so glad you have meds that are working for you. You will feel better and better with each passing week, I'm sure.

scraphappy said...

It is good to hear that the medication is working for you. You have certainly had more than your fair share of health issues to handle lately.
I haven't seen the new twilight yet either. I'm thinking of renting the first two and watching them first as a little mini-marathon. It will seem more festive that way.

Sue said...

It's great news that you are feeling better. I'm sure with your cheerful spirit you'll be as right as rain very soon. Of course good care from Joe will help too.

Gene Black said...

Yaay for feeling better! I am so happy to hear the meds are working to make you feel better.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear your feeling better. Our guys really come through when we need them don't they. Continue to rest and take it easy. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week.

quiltmom anna said...

So glad to hear the medication is working for you- Joe is a good man- taking such good care of you.
Your siggie quilt looks like fun-
Enjoy the newest Twilight movie- my god daughters loved the books and were going to the movie this week.
Wishing you continued improving health.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Maria said...

I am so pleased you are on the mend. Walks are great for the soul.

What a lovely collection of siggies.

Chris H said...

So glad you are feeling so much better.

Cattinka said...

How nice to hear from you. I was wondering why you haven´t posted in so long, and I am glad to hear that the meds are helping you.
Take care!
KATRIN W.

Barb said...

So glad to hear that you are pain free.....and well....if the meds are doing the trick...then down the hatch they go.....

Katie :o) said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better! And better to feel well with the help of medicine than to feel lousy :o) I had a serious illness a few years ago that left me with a need for medicine. But with a couple pills a day, I'm here feeling fine :o) (When I was sick, there was a real chance of not being here today... guess I'll take the meds)

Millie said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. Quilting, reading and playing the WII...that sounds like so much fun. Take care!
Hugs,
Millie

Unknown said...

You amaze me Micki! You are not fully recovered and you are walking 5 miles a day!! What a walk you will take when you are back.....
Take your pills, read your books, have a great time at the movies and keep getting better!!!
♥E.

Judy S. said...

Glad you're on the mend, Micki, as you've had a long haul. Those siggies should make a fun quilt! Hugs.

Cobblestone Creations said...

YAY!!! Micki is feeling better! So nice to hear you have Joe taking such good care of you. :)

Unknown said...

am so happy to read that you are feeling better. I now have my meds in the little plastic containers from the drug store. Joe is probably more loving than that plastic stuff anyway.
Rest Micki, it's the best to do, oh you could get some of our heat that has been here in Canada for the past couple of weeks!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miri said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

It sounds like your journal will be simply amazing!

a good yarn said...

At last you are getting some relief - that's good to hear Micki as you've had a rough trot. Give yourself time to return to full strength. The siggies are looking great! Cheers, Ann :-)

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Micki, it is so good to hear you're feeling better!!.. And we all love YOU, Joe, for taking such good care of her as you do!! You're a good hubby!!! (0; So you saw the movie last night, did you?! I had to smile, seeing that new Breaking Dawn widget already set at the top of your blog!!! I LOVE it! I hope you liked the movie.. I was torn as to which movie I liked BETTER.. New Moon, or Eclipse?? "PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!" Ha! Ha!.. Take care now, and have a great weekend! ((hugs)) ~tina

joe tulips said...

I am so glad your medicine is working!! What are these sig things? they look cool and I will love watching the art journal pages come to life!