Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Surprise Gift and Some Supplies Arrive

I received a lovely card from Jocelyn who has a beautiful blog called Happy Cottage Quilter. Well, wishing me to get well soon really brightened my day. Thank you so much! She sent me a really cute bookmark and the prettiest FQ you can imagine. I thought of the sky when I saw it. Jocelyn, you are a sweetheart for sure!

Yeah, I got some of the supplies that I will be using for the Twilight journal!!!Friday or Monday, I should get most of the rest of the supplies, and there is a lot coming.

Today, I got the best stamps you can imagine. This is a stamp collection of Tim Holtz called Urban Tapestry, and there are 5 stamps in all. I can't wait to use them in the album. Most ot the stamps, I will be using for the tags and pockets that I will be making for the journal.

Secondly, I got the Glue Glider Pro...Yes, it is pink...I try to get everything I can in pink. My Cricut is pink, and so is my Cinch Binding machine...Name it, it is in pink.

Next, I got some black organza ribbon. I have the red ribbon, and you can't have a Twilight journal without those two colours of ribbon. In addition, I have some lace....very Twilight. Last but not least, I got a pink clipper for my Cinch machine. They cut the rings for the binder. I will not be putting 12 rings all the way across the album...I am putting two on one side and two on the other, and then putting rings through them with ribbons. Well, that was it for the first mail delivery. The rest will be arriving soon! Yeah again!

You can see some of what I will do with the tags I will make in the journal here.

This is the adorable Tim Holtz showing you some of his techniques....All the supplies he is using are being sent to me. Doesn't it look like fun? If you like the video, there are lots more at http://www.timholtz.com/

Joe is picking up the Twilight Movie Companion book on Thursday at the bookstore in Letterkenny. I will read it first and then cut out the pictures that I will use for the journal.
This is going to be lots of fun and fun is good!












17 comments:

Mrs Quilty said...

Hello Micki, I have been very negligent in keeping up my blog and in writing my blog friends! It sounds like you have some wonderful projects going on! I do hope you are feeling well, and that you are enjoying the summer season (not sure what that means for Ireland). It has been very hot here in the Northwest U.S. I am keeping busy on several quilts and projects as well. Also trying to keep up my exercise program (I'd rather quilt). Sending you hugs and well wishes, Mrs. Quilty (Barbara)

Kath said...

Lewis and Jess were off to see the latest Twilight movie, they are great fans too.
Sounds like you are haivng a great time with all your new crafts.

Tennye said...

Looks like fun, and I am sorry to hear you have been sick. I am in a scrapbook club and we use lost of rubber stamps for that. We are having an unusually wet summer here in Texas, and that has kept the temps low, but added humidity, so it isn't really any better. LOL Have fun with your new project. You star struck friend. Tennye

Barb said...

Wow, you hit pay dirt...you did good....

Pat from Florida said...

Fun IS good! I can tell you are very into this project!

Jocelyn said...

So glad your card finally arrived. We certainly can't send a card without a little bit of fabric ;-)

Mystica said...

Sounds a good time is being had! Enjoy.

Judy S. said...

I'd say you deserve a bit of fun, Micki, after the rough patch of late. It'll be fun to see what you create!

Pat said...

I'm happy that you are "in the pink" in more ways than one now!!!

Gene Black said...

Ah.. fun stuff getting lovely packages. I can't wait to see the lovelies you will create.

I got such a kick, when the page loaded the Chieftains were singing "Whiskey in the Jar" I want to sing that in a real Irish pub someday!

Needled Mom said...

You are really going to have fun. I can't wait to see what you create.

Cattinka said...

Hi Micki,
it really sounds like you will be having fun making this jounal, in fact you seem to have fun already and that is really good.
KATRIN W.

Anonymous said...

Hello Micki, look forward to seeing your new journal...I also too hope you are feeling better......bitterly cold here in Oz today....enjoy the summer season...hugs lyn

Colleen Barnett said...

I can't wait to see it, Micki! I am not really into Twilight, but that could simply be ignorance and I haven't read the books or seen any of the movies. My daughter loves them though...

Nancy said...

Hi Micki, I hope you continue to feel better. I am going to see the new Twilight movie tomorrow. I can't wait. Enjoy your gifted supplies and I can't wait to see your journal.

Millie said...

Micki, what a nice surprise gift and have fun! You can be "bad"...it is o.k.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh lovely gift :-) And yes those stamps are fab, I've got that set too :-)
Anne xx