If you are wondering why I named the title of my post "Ape News", well Joe and I are adopting an orangutan fromMonkey World in Dorset, England. We have been watching the show,and we decided we wanted to adopt. For the yearly adoption fee, we get a pic of the orangutan we are adopting, adoption papers, a pass to Monkey World, and a magazine sent to us three times a year. When I get the pic of the orangutan, I will post it . We asked for a young one, but that can include the ages from 1-15. Anyways, the pic that I included today will give you an idea as to how cute they are.
Now, for the really exciting news....Yes, we are getting remarried. We have been wanting to do that for a long time, but the really neat thing is that we will be remarried at Monkey World. They do ceremonies there, and it will include a tour of the place, and we can meet our adopted orangutan. When we saw that they now perform marriages there and do it with a lot of style and pizzaz...including a romantic meal, etc, we decided to go for it. It will be a day we will never forget, and we will stay a week in Dorset County, and that will be neat too. We have to give them at least a year's notice for them to organize it. Here is a link to the first couple who were married at Monkey World. You have to see this article.Dr. Allison Cronin, MBE, as you can see, attended. Dr. Cronin lost her husband Jim Cronin MBE three years ago, and she has immersed herself in Monkey World.Well, we have two rescued dogs who are like our kids...two very cute sons..LOL Now, we will have an orangutan too. How cute will that be? At least, we will get to know our orangutan through the updates that we will receive about him or her. We may even see him or her on tv as Dr. Cronin does highlight all of the orangutans on her show. One day, we will meet our orangutan and the wedding bells will be tolling.
39 comments:
Wonderful news... twice!
Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding and congrats for adopting a baby orangutan from Monkey World.
I was fortunate enough to have met Jim Cronin whilst he and his were working in Spain. Fantastic job they still do.
Keep us posted abouth dates and photos
Gina
Congratulations Micki and Joe. Getting married at the monkey world how romantic. Can't wait to hear when that would be - Hugs Nat
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! That is wonderful news!! Can't wait to see all of the fun pictures!!
Wow Micki how cool is that...Congratulations to you both...and to also adopting a baby orangutan!!! Dzintra♥x
So Excited for you and Joe-- you too have a very exciting life. Looking forward to many pics and notes on your new adventures. Best Wishes and hugs, Marie
Well no-one can say you 2 are boring and conservative LOL I would never have guessed in a million years you would choose such an unusual location for your marriage renmewal. Well done and congratulations!
I think that is so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
What a great thing to do!
That is all good news on all fronts Micki and all so different.
Congratualtions
Hugs
Lois
Hello My Friend,
Well that is so interesting.. I think that is real exciting and what a cutie?? You know we all will be waiting for the big event.. Time really flies so it will be here before you know it.
Hugs,
Maggey
Micki, you are always up to an adventure, but this one takes the cake (pun intended, as in wedding cake)! Enjoy!!!
It sounds like fun, Micki. I can't wait for the baby Pics and the weddding photos!!!
WHAT FUN!!!! Can't wait to see the photos of your orangutan and will be looking forward to the wedding photos, too (and when you meet your orangutan). Just sorry we all have to wait at least a year....oh, well.......guess we have no choice. :(
Congratulations . How exciting a wedding and adoption.Love and best wishes to you both.
Looks like a lovely place to be married and you will also met your new baby. How wonderful.
Congratulations on your new arrival and renewing your vows. What an exciting and unique experience you will have.
Congratulations to you, Joe, your current four legged kids, and your soon to be adopted two legged Orangutan. Sounds exciting. Can't wait to see more photos.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Congratulations on your re-marriage, hope we see lot's of pics. And congrats on your new adoption what a wonderful thing to do.
Congratulations.
I'm always the last to know anything. Love monkey world.
x x x
Oh how fun.....I actaully thought at first the monkey was coming to your home...but as I read on....funny!!
I think what you are doing is great!
what exciting news
Congratulations dear Micki and Joe. Romantic and charming. Document it with fotos and nice comments. Have a nice days. Loredana.
Well? Micki -Honey
You just never know what we can see you guys accomplishing next! Thank you for doing that.
Hugs
Oh how romantic .... and so exciting too!!! Congratulations!!
Love your Orang, cute as a button!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)
I really thought you would renew the vows on the beach there that you love so much.
Congrats on the upcoming nuptials AND on the new child.
Cute wee monkey.
Remarried.. oooooh how lovely.
I would love to do that too... and get to wear a really gorgeous Wedding Dress!
Stew and I got married when our son Steve was 6 weeks old... I was still quite cuddly and couldn't wear a wedding dress.... Breastfeeding an all!
You two are always doing something new or adventurous! I'm looking forward to meeting your new family member!
That's very good news, Micki! Congratulations! Look forward to your pictures^^
Wonderful news Micki on both counts, congratulations :-)
Anne xx
Congratulations to you and Joe, Micki!
Can I be a bridesmaid?
Congratulations!!! What a lovely happening to look forward to.
You and Joe are so special!
Micki, that is so cool, getting remarried and the orang utan!!! Cheers to you both!!!
How fabulous to have it at Monkey World, so neat!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B
Ahhh Micki, such good and wonderful news.....looking forward to seeing your new baby orangutan....congratulations on renewing your vows...hugs lyn
congrats how wonderfull and what an interesting setting,I actually thought you would have the orangutan in your home ,but then I read about the photo and I felt ok. have a nice day .
How romantic a wedding and some monkeying around as well lol x
So happy to hear your good news! A lot of changes going on in your life-huh? God Bless. Kerrie
I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of both...the wedding and the baby!! I have never heard of such a thing. Congratulations!
Congratulations Micki and Joe! I am so happy for you! that will be so romantic!!!
Oh Micki! Congratulations! that's wonderful news! Make sure you put pictures of that one up. I gather we have to wait over a year though?
Can't wait to see the pic you get of your little monkey. He/she's going to be lovely! It's a great cause, and well worth the money.
Good luck! xx
Wow! congrats, that is sooo exciting! and romantic. Now I can't wait for the photo's.
Getting remarried at monkey world! You are so cute and full of life, Micki! How exciting -- I can't wait to see the photos!
Post a Comment