Sunday, August 22, 2010

What You Can Make in a Lounge Chair



While waiting for tomorrow to come to see the surgeon, and we won't think about that right now...I worked on some projects. It's amazing what one can do from a lounge chair.LOL

First, I had to make a card for someone who is going through some hard times. I am a member of the International Friendship Quilters Group, and I volunteered a long time ago to be a guardian angel for someone, so when I was told about Debbie going through some hard times, I made her a card, gave her a wee purse that I had made, and bought her Butler's Chocolate, and it is on its way to England. I loved making the guardian angel on the card, and I like being someone's guardian angel.

Second, I made a journal for a dog that we used to have called Cory. Cory was Joe's dog from the time she was a puppy, and she got him through some rough times before he met me. When I married Joe and came to Ireland, Cory was the first to welcome me, and she gave me all her love. It was like I had been her owner for many years. We became great pals. She died some years ago, but we truly did love her. We of course then rescued Rufus and Charlie.I decided to make a little journal in honour of Cory. It meant a lot to Joe, and now we can look at it whenever we want. I wrote a bit about her on each page, and boy did she deserve it all.
I will update you after tomorrow's visit to the surgeon. Oops, I wasn't going to say that horrid word again. LOL

28 comments:

Pat said...

That was nice of you to do two projects that made others feel good....Debbie and Joe. Good luck with the appt with the surgeon tomorrow.

Khris said...

WEll you have been a busy girl...must feel good getting something done though..hugs Khris

Shelly said...

I want to be a guardian angel too, now I'm checking out IFQ now.

Patty said...

Very sweet tribute to Corey. Hope all goes well with the surgeon.

Orcsmom said...

I love the journal you made. I will have to make one fo my Orca! I am sending you best wishes for tomorrow, for your appointment. It's amazing what they can do medically and how fast the recoup time is. Take care, my friend!

Hugs!!

Pam

Gene Black said...

Isn't in amazing to feel the unconditional love from a dog that decides you are worthy. A friend of mine had a dog (that I tried to talk him out of getting) That dog decided I was "the best" and always was so excited to see me. We became best of friends. The little fellow was finally taken down by his diabetes. (when I was around - I gave his insulin shot)
Your tribute to Cory is so sweet.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh my Dear, what is going on with you?!? You are having an awful bout with health issues. -sigh- You are in Ireland. Can't you find some pixie dust to sprinkle around, or something? Aren't there some "Old Ways" spells to banish the little black cloud, or something?

Back to reality, best wishes, on the appointment on Monday.

Gentle hugs...

quiltingnana said...

you are certainly thoughtful....

Jackie's Stitches said...

I knew that you would not be idle in that chair! What a wonderful tribute to Corey who was so sweet.

Simone de Klerk said...

Lieve Micki ~ good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. And lucky you to have Joe right there with you, to spoil spoil spoil you. Always look at the bright side ...

Jackie McGuinness said...

You just inspired me to do a tribute to our old cat.
All WILL go well with the surgeon!!
Good Luck!

Judy S. said...

Good luck tomorrow, Micki. I'll be thinking of you.

Barb said...

It is amazing what a person can do from a chair. Seems like you are keeping quite busy....good luck with tomorrow.

Maggi said...

A lovely journal Micki. Good luck tomorrow.

sewprimitive karen said...

Very very best of luck to you on the doctor's visit tomorrow.

West Michigan Quilter said...

You are a thoughtful lady. What a beautiful journal. Good luck tomorrow.

Needled Mom said...

You are so productive from a lounge chair.

I will be saying extra prayers for that visit tomorrow, Micki.

Dogmom Diva said...

Oh Micki I wanted to cry just a bit reading about Cory and the love you had for each other..Each of our beloved dogs keeps a piece of our heart with them:

I hope all is ok with the surgeon and will be checkin in on you:)

hugs
Barb

joe tulips said...

That is the sweetest book ever. Joe must love it! good luck with the appointment!!

Just Ramblin' said...

Love the "guardian angel" project. I have never heard of it before, but sounds wonderful. Love the journal you made. Such a special gift and project that will be a joy to look through in the coming months as it brings tender memories to mind. Good luck on Monday. Nola

Tara said...

What a wonderful idea for a memory book. I loved looking at the pictures of Corey. Pets hold their own special place in our hearts.
I have never heard of your Guardian Angels. What a beautiful way to show support and love to a stranger in need. I do hope all goes well with your knee, it must be giving you great pain. Take care and I do hope you have a wonderful week!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a great idea about the journal Micki...must bring back some treasured memories!!! Dzintra♥x

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Hope all goes well with surgeon's appt. Love the journal, I adore scrapping, but haven't done in awhile. Should do some soon.

Searchfamilies said...

Good Luck for you appointment
nice projects
Hugs Janice

Miriam said...

Wow you have been very busy, Micki! Its beautiful.

Good luck with the surgeon (hugs)

Colleen's Blog Long Island NY said...

Good luck with the surgeon Micki. Thanks for the post about IGQ. I am checking it out now.

Anonymous said...

These are lovely, Micki! My friend "Stampin' Quilter Barb" makes cards, and I'm always so impressed with what she makes. I will be watching for good news, healing thoughts on their way to you!

Stephanie - My Calico Heart said...

All the very best for your appointment, I hope it goes well for you. The journal for Cory is such a lovely idea, really special.