Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What's Going on and the Latest


Ironically, my supplies for the circle quilt are arriving. I just got the wonderful 1930's fabrics that I ordered and more supplies are on their way. It is ironic, because I won't be able to sew for a bit. The reason why....If you remember that fall that I had a few weeks ago involving the donkey and trying to aid my husband while he was entangled in the donkey's rope, well the pain has continued and my leg has been locking when I wake up and try to get up from bed. It is only happening when I get up from bed, but boy is it painful! With my last lock, it took me almost twenty minutes to straighten my leg because I was in so much pain. The room actually went black with the pain...It made childbirth pains look good....Gee, I never thought I would say that.LOL
Anyways, my doctor wrote a letter for me to go to the emergency room tomorrow. This is to expedite the process, so I will get the x-ray, see the orthopedic doctor and get my MRI all in that one day. She is suspecting a tear and was talking to me about the possibility of surgery. Well, my friends, this year has not been the best for me in the health department: bouts with shingles and now this. Ok, on a positive note, after the surgery, I will get lots of reading done, surf the internet on my laptop, crochet to my heart's content, play Wii and DS games and get waited on and spoiled rotten by Joe, while I sit in my comfy lounge chair with my legs propped up.
I will post on Friday and tell you the latest. I am not looking forward to the Orthopedic doctor stretching my legs in every direction to see where the pain is as he tries to determine what is wrong with me...while I cringe in pain. I just thought it was ironic and a bit funny that my supplies were finally arriving for the circle quilt, and now this happens.

Maybe someone should send me a rabbit's foot or some lucky charm...I am beginning to think I need one.

26 comments:

Pat said...

I'm really sorry to hear you might need surgery. Hopefully, if the surgery is needed, it can be scheduled quickly and will have you completely recovered quickly, too.

marina said...

You definitely need to look for that four leaf clover Micki!
What a saga that donkey has caused.
I hope you get good news from the doctors. You are amazing how you have turned it into a positive with your plans to keep yourself busy.

Unknown said...

Oh Micki~I hope they figure it out soon and fix it~ you have the right atitude in the meantime....get better soon!
♥ Eileen

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh No Micki Sweetie...
I am so sorry to hear about this too. Yes the shingles were bad enough and now you have this too. Well sweetie I will be saying some prayers for you for things to swing around for the better.

Hopefully if you need surgery they can do it and get it over before the holidays so at least you will be able to enjoy them. And after the surgery that pain, is a healing pain, a lot more tolerable than a bad hurt pain.

I will be watching for news sweetie.

Tomorrow is my day with the dr. to look at my leg. The spot was the size of a dime in May when I was in the hospital, it has now grown to the size of a baseball. Not good, and they are going to decide tomorrow whether it is safe to try a deep biopsy or not. With me being an insulin diabetic it is questionable. They sent me for blood work today for an A1C to see where I am at with my blood sugars. If it comes back to high, then we must wait. Please keep me in your prayers sweet friend.

Many hugs and so much love to you, Sherry

quiltingnana said...

I hope all goes well...

Stephanie Hughes said...

Oh dear! I can't believe it. This will not be good for your weight loss success. Hopefully you will not need surgery. When you talked about needing a note to go the ER I had visions of social medicine and how it must be there. I am so curious about that way of living and how it must differ from what it is like here....at least for now. Steph

Becky said...

Please let us know what your learn from the orthopedic. Lov
e your positive approach. Take care!

scraphappy said...

This just hasn't been your year on the health front. Maybe this will be the end of it and you can enjoy a string of good luck for a change. You are doing a great job so far of looking at the bright side. Maybe this will be an opportunity to try out some handwork like English Paper Piecing or Redwork Embroidery. The nice thing about all of your new fabric is that it will keep until you are up to sitting at a machine again.

Nedra said...

More prayers from Utah are being sent your way.

Marie said...

Thinking of you and hoping they will give you some news and be able to fix you right up.!! YOu always amaze me my friend. Prayers coming your way. Hugs, Marie

Patty said...

Hope everything will wprk out, hopefully without surgery.

Maggey and Jim said...

Oh, Micki, that sounds so painful.. Hope you get some help and it is nothing serious?
Hugs,
Maggey

Gene Black said...

Thinking of you Micki!

I hope it is a simple "fix" for your leg.

Cobblestone Creations said...

Sending good thoughts your way, Micki!! Hoping for a speedy recovery for you. :)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Speedy and pain free recovery thoughts are sent your way Micki!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm hoping that you won't need surgery. I know how much you'll miss your long walks with Joe.

Mary L. said...

Praying all goes well tomorrow.

Theodora quilts said...

what a fall that must have been, I hope everything goes well , and that you don't need surgery, when ar you going to post the new fabric I will check in the upcomming post I would like to see the 30's vintage prints I love them I bought through ebay a bunch of vintage feed sack scraps I still have them in the bag one day I will tackle them scraps.

Searchfamilies said...

So sorry you are in so much pain hope that it will all soon be sorted
Hugs Janice

Cattinka said...

It will not be so bad to see the doctor, after all he wants to help you! Don´t worry too much, it will not change the facts anyway, you had best just get it over with.
KATRIN W.

nutmegg said...

Boy you have had a rough time lately......I hope that all goes well for you from now on Micki.....BIG HUGS from Australia....xoxo

Shelly said...

Dear Micki, you will get better soon. Hugs and prayer from Taiwan.

Fleurette said...

Oh no! I hope its not serious and that you are well soon. Take care!

Maria said...

Oh Micki now I feel bad sending you the e-mail. I am so sorry about the pain you are experiencing in your knee.I hope that it can be repaired quickly and you are on the road to recovery soon.
Hugz
Your F_R_I_E_N_D_S

http://delphi7-materialgirl.blogspot.com/ said...

Micki, I hope you don't have to have surgery but if so, I hope it goes well and you get better soon!

andsewon said...

Oh No Micki!! Bless your heart! Will see if we can find you a good luck charm!I have had the knee surgeries..not fun. They put you right into PT too! I hope it can be helped another way if not good wishes on fast healing!
Hugs,
Lola