Monday, August 16, 2010

Our Adopted Orangutan


We are the proud parents of a wonderful orangutan named Kai. Kai is a male orangutan who was born at Monkey World on 15/03/05. His mother's name is Hsiao-quai , and his father's name is Tuan. Kai means triumphant or victorious in Chinese, and he was the second baby born to Tuan at the park. Isn't he just gorgeous? He has the cutest grin on his face and well when you look into his eyes, you can see how very kind and sweet he is. The fun part is that we are seeing him on tv when we watch the show Monkey Life. It is neat to see him in action. I loved getting the adoption paper. My name is the only one on it, as they couldn't put two names on it. Joe has decided to adopt another orangutan or possibly a chimpanzee under his name.
We also got a booklet for the weddings held at Monkey World.They really make elaborate ceremonies. We will choose a more private, quiet ceremony of course,as it will be only the two of us, and funny enough, it will take place alongside Paddys enclosure, where the chimpanzees in that group can watch the ceremony. How funny is that! After the service, there is a toast , and we get a tour of the 65 acre park, which I am sure is a photographer's dream, and then we return for a private dinner. I will have a good read of the booklet tonight, along with the magazine that came that goes over the latest events of the park.

Kai is wonderful! We can't wait to meet him in person. I don't know if I can take the excitement of looking into his eyes and giving him a hug.
PS: On the adoption certificate, they put "senior citizen".....I got a special rate as I just passed 60 years....Boy, does that sound horrid! Thank God, I am never taken for that age, but putting that down in print doesn't help my ego at all. LOL




19 comments:

Jan said...

How exciting to adopt dear little Kai ,and to get married there will be fantastic ,.love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh! Just loved Kai! So cute. It must be thrilling to adopt such a cute little baby I feel the same about having gone 60 yrs old! People is so shocked that I was shocked too. My American Mom said she still thinks of me as a 18 yr old. Me too, I thouhgt!Well, maybe 30...LOL

Congratulations for your lovey Kai. What a great iniciative!

ceecee said...

Best of luck with your new "Baby". You'll have to be knitting him some clothes for that cold Irish winter. What color does he look best in, I wonder?
Catherine

Barb said...

I was going to say that he looks nothing like you...Ha!! How fun...I know this is exciting...but me, I would want him in my home, well back yard..

joe tulips said...

Except for that "horrid" part...you are only as old as you feel...it all sounds so fun. Kai is a cute little guy. Well maybe he isn't that little.

Gene Black said...

Ha ha! I am enjoying the "senior citizen" benefits I have gotten for passing 50. I just laugh and say "do you give a discount for seniors?"

Unknown said...

We have a Westie....my daughter would comment on your little addition as "the child you never had"....so cute, and how generous of you and Joe.
I've had health and email problems Micki so have been out of touch...I'm happy for you both! lol

Pat said...

What a FACE!!! I'm sure you will be eagerly awaiting when you can see him.

Anonymous said...

How much fun is that and what a good deed you are doing. I love this. I wish our zoo's would do something like this. It's so important to take care of these little animals. I love that they sent you adoption papers and you can see him on Tv.

Colleen Barnett said...

He is a lovely little fellow, isn't he? How sweet! You did good, Micki!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Kai has the sweetest face! I'm excited that you'll get to meet him in real life!!!

Zlaty said...

Congratulations on the adoption! he is so cute!

webbsway said...

O Micki - congratulations on your new baby! :)

When you mentioned turning 60 - LOL - that is the same age I will be turning soon.:) I had to laugh and agree with you!

So far there has only been two birthdays that bothered me -turning 30 because I had always only wanted to be twenty-something and after I recovered from that one - turning 60 because it makes me feel like I will be "over the hill"! LOL We humans are certainly funny creatures!

Maria said...

Kai is just gorgeous.
Wonder what is more exciting. Your renewed vows or meeting Kai.
When is Joe going to adopt his baby??

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

aYou sounds so excited Micki...it's all so much fun looking at the wedding book!!! Happy Planning, Dzintra♥x

Sand and Sunshine said...

How neat, sounds like an amazing time.

Fleurette said...

Oh, he is just so cute, adorable! I would love to see this programme, Monkey Life, sounds like a beautiful place. Congrats on your new baby and also for turning 60!!

Searchfamilies said...

How nice, & it looks just like my son lol well done on adopting such a lovely cute Orangutan
Hugs Janice

Unknown said...

I love orangutans...I cant imagine a world without them...good for you!