I made a Civil War Hexagon block for a swap that I am in, but made an extra one for myself. I am going to make a lap sized quilt of all Civil War Hexagons. The neat thing about this hexagon is that it already has the batting and backing done so it is like the Quilting as You Go technique. I will only have to connect the hexagons, and all will be done. I recently received a FQ bundle of Civil War fabrics, so thought it would be a fun idea. The flower is appliqued on the block, and I finished it pretty quickly. I cut out plastic templates for the the two sized hexagons , so I can continue to use them for all of the blocks. I do love Civil War fabrics!
Other than that, it is a quiet weekend at our cottage. The weather is cool, but sunny. Joe and I took a walk around the village using the Famine Graveyard loop, and that is about 4 miles. Tomorrow is Joe's birthday. His gift is packed, his homemade card is ready, and so all is set.
Hope your weekend has been a nice one. Thanks for all the lovely comments on my EQ block. I will make some cushions from it, so it won't go to waste.
18 comments:
I think Civil War fabrics would be a very good choice for a hexagon quilt. Lots of browns, reds, etc.
What a cute block!
Nice hexie, Micki. I am using the CW fabrics a little more with the year long CW project and I find they have some interesting colors.
I hope Joe has a wonderful birthday tomorrow.
Very interesting indeed Micki. Both is pattern and technique.
Have a nice birthday tomorrow,; I discovered civil war fabric not long ago. I love. Cute idea the flower in the centre!!!
A lap-size quilt with hexie blocks sounds like a lovely idea, look forward to seeing it!!!
I hope you have a great birthday day for Joe!!!
such a great little shape. I love the Civil War fabrics too and just starting doing stuff with them this year. I will have to stop by your blog more often!
That is a really lovely block! I hope to see the lap quilt soon... I'm sure you will wizz through it.
Love it, Micki. I also like your EQ block~hearts are my favorite also.
Hi Micki
Your block is REALLY pretty! Amazing what our histories have left us.
I just had to tell you that I got to watch Celtic Thunder tonight on a public channel and they sure have won my heart! They were awesome ! But I kept thinking of you and Joe!
I envy you your nice walk - I had good intentions , but life just got in my way . At least you get the "brownie points " This time !!!! : -)
Happy Birthday, Joe!
Great fabrics...hexagons and Civil War fabrics are made for each other!
I love Civil War fabrics, this will be very nice!
Happy Birthday Joe! I hope you've had a wonderful day! Love your quilt block..the fabrics are beautiful! Please visit me soon! I'm having a giveaway! ♥
G'day Micki ~ So love the square Civil War design. My hubby is sooo into the Civil War history ...
Happy spring!
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon
That is a beautiful quilt square. Great job. Happy Birthday to Joe.
Very nice block Micki!
I love Civil War fabrics too
Happy Birthday to Joe :)
Great job! Happy Birthday to Joe!
lovely block Micki, I love civil war fabrics too and have a small stash. I only get as far as looking at it at the moment. One day.......
Post a Comment