Friday, March 18, 2011

EQ Block


I designed this block in EQ. I wanted to use 1930's fabrics, and I really like how it turned out. I can't enter the Barn Quilt Contest, as I am not a resident of the US.....darn.Someone suggested that I do one, so I sent it in, but I then realized it was not for international residents, but I will make something out of it anyways.LOL Hope it inpsires you to enter the AccuQuilt Barn Quilt Contest. I love Stars, and I love anything that is 1930's fabrics. I threw the heart in, as I adore hearts too. It's funny that it went through anyways, but I won't be considered. It was fun designing though.
I do love EQ...so much fun! I am heading to bed laughing, as I thought it funny that it went through and was submitted anyhow.

20 comments:

Marj said...

I really like your block. Are you going to sew one up for at least a cushion? I think it would be a winner.

Bridget B said...

Sorry your block doesn't qualify- it is very pretty. I like to play with EQ7 also but seems I never have enough time.(or maybe I am just slow)

webbsway said...

O Micki , I love your block! That little Heart accent is a real winner in my book!

Wacky Woman said...

Very nice Micki. I don't have EQ; but, it looks fun.

Merilyn said...

It's the thought that counts Micki!!! I love that block, it would make a great cushion cover!!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Like that block. Wish I had EQ. It always looks like it would be so much fun.

WoolenSails said...

What a nice block, that is a good program.
I have a mac, so got the quilt pro, hardly use it.

Debbie

Lurline said...

A really nice block, Micki - well worth the effort!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Shelly said...

Beautiful block. It's quite an eye candy. Good job, Micki.

Mary said...

Hi Mickie,
I have nominated your blog for an Award, One Lovely Blog because you do have a lovely blog. I hope you enjoy the award.
Take the button from my site and add it to yours. Check out the rules at the link below. I think 7 blogs is enough.
http://meandmyancestors.blogspot.com/2011/03/one-lovely-blog-award.html
Have fun.

Terrie Sandelin said...

Beautiful block! Isn't EQ fun?

Barb said...

That's a beautiful block, and with so much 3D depth!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

That is one beautiful block Micki....just let someone else enter it for you. I love it and think it would certainly place in the top.

Smiles,
Kelly

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful block!

Billie in TX

Deirdra Doan said...

I always wanted to get to Donegal but it was so far up. Sligo is as far as I got. But the cross I made..for the stage out of styrofoam and carved and painted.. in John's concerts is from Donegal county.

We went out in the country..way out to find the quiet man's real house. It was falling down with berry bushes..... and a new one from the 50's was in front of it. But that one was abandonded too! Guess they got money from the film to make it the new one now empty..or at least it was years ago.
Blessings..

Margaret Hall said...

Love, love, love your block~!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Precious Micki,

That is such a classic and beautiful design of a star and I too love these vintage fabrics from a time where homelife must have been difficult, but sweet nonetheless. Thank you for visiting me and always having such kindness radiate from your comments!!!! Anita

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful block Micki. Double darn that you can't enter.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Ivory Spring said...

That is such a sweet block, Mick! I love it. Thank you for entering my giveaway - it's always great to hear from you! :)

Melissa ;-) said...

It's a great block! I didn't know the contest is open only in the US. Bummer, because that block is definitely prize worthy!