
Marilyn has a wonderful blog called Marilyn's Maze, and she is my second Star of the Month. I know you will love her blog and her work. I have been lucky enough to become her friend too, and it is a joy to have gotten to know her and be a part of her ife through our blogs. I am amazed what she has done with her life after she made the decision to start quilting. You will love her story.
Please do visit her, and I hope you enjoy her interview and pics of her work. I know you will be truly inspired by it all!




Please do visit her, and I hope you enjoy her interview and pics of her work. I know you will be truly inspired by it all!
Here is the Interview:
Name: Marilyn Pond
A Bit About Me: I am a native Californian; in fact, both my mother and father were born in California. While I have lived all over the state, today I make my home in Long Beach, California and share my home with a Schnauzer and a Poochon ( poodle and bichon). I am a mom and a grandma, and Grandma is the best job that I've ever had. I am a widow for over 17 years now. I cannot stress enough how life-altering that is, but really it is all about our choices in life that make the difference. My choice was to learn something new and that was quilting. I had always sewn, but quilting was almost relearning sewing. What? A quarter-inch seam? Will it hold together? I just accepted the fact that quilts have been surviving for hundreds of years just fine and gave myself over to it. It is now my passion! I co-own a small quilting-related business with my BFF, Robin Gallagher. We call our business Two Wacky Women, and we host quilting retreats. I know, how fun is that? We have five scheduled for this year.
What Inspires Me: All the amazing blogs and websites are my main inspiration. I use Google Reader and spend some time in the morning surfing blogs for ideas and again in the evening. I have wonderful quilty dreams. I belong to a fabulous quilt guild, Quilters by the Sea, and the amazing ladies and gentlemen( yes, we have a few) also inspire me in many ways. I also belong to a wonderful quilting friendship group that offers inspiration far beyond quilting.
What I Love to Do the Most Creativly: My new quilt passion is the modern quilt movement. It feels fresh and new and allows the machine quilting to sing.
My Favorite Fabric and Designer: Alexander Henry Fabric grabs and holds it every time. I am so lucky that they are local and I am able to visit their wonderful facility.
UFO I intend to Finish First: I am in a couple of UFO challenges this year. One is for my UFOs and another is for a deceased quilter who left behind many projects that need completion. I finished one for Cindy first. I am now working on a UFO that I started last summer. It is a Lyn Brown Mystery: "Goose on the Pond."
What's on the Design Wall Now: My Lyn Brown Mystery UFO
Who Would I Love to Meet: I would love to meet some of my blogging friends. Quilting is made up of a small, yet large world...a world of wonderful people.
I I Had One Wish: That I had more time to finish all the projects I start. Of course world peace would be in front of this.
Enjoy all of the eye candy and thanks so much for a wonderful interview Marilyn! It was all so inpsirational!!!




15 comments:
Thanks for sharing this interview with Marilyn.
I just love Marilyn...she is one awesome lady, you could not have picked a better star!!
I love Marilyns blog and Marilyn ,she is one of the first people I met since I started blogging , I love her quilts and all of her posts,xoxo theodora
Thank you for introducing Marilyn. A very interesting blog as well.
Wonderful interview and enjoyed reading about how she got started.
Debbie
Nice to meet your quilt friend, dear friend Micki. Loredana
How interesting and it is great to know that she lives in So. CA too.
How neat to see one of my favorite blogging friends interviewed on the blog of one of my other favorite blogging friends!!
Marilyn is a wonderful person and friend most of all...hugs Khris
Marilyn ROCKS!!! She is a STAR for sure and not just as a quilter. What a lovely, understanding, and compassionate friend she is. I love her blog; it's full of inspiring messages and wonderfully, beautiful quilts!
Thanks for sharing the interview!!
hugz
Pam
What a lovely lady Marilyn is I'm lucky enough to have met her in person.
Marilyn is a wonderful lady! I have only 'met' her over the net but she is very inspirational and also witty and friendly!
hugs Karen
I enjoyed reading about Marilyn, her quilts are beautiful!!! Amazing to read how the internet/blogging can influence our creativity and style!!!
That was an awesome interview! Thanks for sharing this!
Great interview Micki. Marilyn is so very talented and a wonderful woman.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Post a Comment