Loredana from Villa Villadorna sent me a beautiful package that I won in OWOH. I know...I was a lucky bunny. As you can see from the pic, I received two hoops, very yummy chocolate in that red heart tin, lots of embroidery thread, a large thread, lavender is in that purple pouch, and the best face cream you can imagine in a rose scent that is just so romantic and wonderful! Did I say that I love, love the color of lavender in addition to pink of course?
I put the lavender pouch in a dresser drawer, and everytime I open the drawer, everything smells of lavender. As for me, I smell of of the scent of roses, which is my favorite flower of all. Thanks so much Loredana!
It is Saturday! Joe and I were in shock yesterday at what happened in Japan with the earthquake and tsunami. It was surreal watching the scenes on the television. My heart goes out to all the people there!! It makes me feel so grateful be so secure and safe in our wee cottage, and I realized how lucky we both were.
After today, one more day to our anniversary. We are planning on a breakfast at our favorite coffee shop in our village. Believe it or not, we have three coffee shops in our village, even though we are so small. Yes, we also have two hotels, a few craft stores, a few other types of stores, a Chinese takeaway and seperate Chinese restaurant, in addition to a bank, post office, and a couple of pubs. We even have two art galleries, and one of them is huge. Also, we have a Famine Workhouse which houses one of our coffee shops, craft stores, and a Famine exhibit. We have horse stables behind our larger hotel, and yes a golf course near the beach.It is a lovely little village.
Getting back on the subject of our anniversary, we will also be stopping at our favortie pub to have a Baileys and maybe listen to a music session. Can't wait!
Joe will be taking pics of our village amidst the St. Paddy's Day festivities, which is on Thursday. Compared to Dublin, it isn't much, but it is still fun to hear the music, see our small parade, and join in on the festivities. I will post some pics, as I have done each year. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. St. Paddy's Day is a big thing here in Ireland, needless to say, as the Irish love to celebrate.

Our cord to the laptop is arriving on Monday or Tuesday from the UK. I have so missed my laptop, and will do an Irish jig when it comes. Enjoy your weekends!
25 comments:
yay micki...happy happy anniversary to you and your anam cara...dzintra
Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday! Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I love lavender, too! Lavender soaps, lilacs, irises, roses- bring on spring soon! Lovely gifts from Loredana!
We keep going from one crisis to another lately. I hold onto hope for the people of Japan...
Lucky, lucky you! Don't you just love to win those giveaways! And celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Ireland. Your village sounds wonderful. Like something from a movie. Have a wonderful weekend and week. Happy Anniversary!
Thank you dear, I'm so happy that arrived on your anniversaries - birthday, Saint Patrick, and have a nice nice weekend too. The cream is not hand cream , the cream is for the face, it's the one I use for myself face. Loredana
What a great package from the OWOH giveaway! How nice that the colors of the threads are some of your favorites.
Fun! Enjoy your celebrations!
I hope you both have a wonderful day to celebrate a wonderful life together. I am starting to think about ours in June, we always like to do something special, so need to think of where I want to go.
Debbie
A Baileys for me too, please.... It's funny, Micki, Beileys is the only alcoholic drink that I like, and it was introduced to me from my irish friend, Alan!!! Enjoy tomorrow!!!!! Clara.
Congrats on the great win! Have a great celebration for all events.
Happy Anniversay Micki! Happy thoughts your way to you and Joe.
You certainly have the luck of the Irish don't you?? Congrats!!
Oh what a fun mail day for you....
I can not wait to see the journal....and Happy anniversary!!
Happy Celebrating! Those hoops look like perfect handles for a small purse......
Happy anniversary! What a great parcel to receive. Looks like you have a lovely pair of hoops with which to make a tote. Lovely embroidery thread too!
Congrat's on your win and your anniversary.My hubby and I just celebrated out 10th year recently as well :)Barb.
Perfect prize for you Micki. Great post too!
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Hi Micki, All the very best wishes for your anniversary'. Very glad to hear you have a few coffee shops, even better news that you have a few craft shops!!!!Yippee!! That's the best of all. lol. Kind regards, Anita.
Happy guy , you are!!
It's been fun getting the OWOH gifts, hasn't it? So many talented ladies all over the world! Love your lavender...and take pics of that jig when you dance it! heehee! ♥ Happy Anniversary! ♥♥♥
Happy celebrates for all this special days!
I´ll send you high degrees and lots of sunbeams ( is this the right word?) to make this day very unique!
I can imagine who Dunfanaghy will looks like on St.Paddys Day, ´cause I visit it last day at the end of march! Please show us some pictures!
Yes, I wish I have the possibility to come back to Ireland. Hopefully next year in june for the Quiltfestival in Galway. And I hope we are able to meet each other there.
Many greetings from Germany!
Katrin
Micki, Congrats on your winnings! Your village sounds perfect-just like out of a movie. I hope you and Joe have a wonderful anniversary.
Congratulation! Awesome package and lots of celebration all the way around! Woo Hoo! Happy everything day!
I love reading your blog Micki.
Happy Anniversary and Saint Patrick's Day too.
I see it is Baileys time of year again :) Happy anniversary!
I am reading to your blog, Very glad to hear you have a few coffee shops, even better news that you have a few craft shops!!!!Yippee!! That's the best of all.
Post a Comment