Monday, March 7, 2011

Two More OWOH Wins and My Vagabond Finally Arrived


I won two more OWOH prizes. One is a soldered pendant, which is a vintage style necklace...very pretty indeed. It came in a heart pouch.Thanks to Peggy from Miss Productions for a lovely prize!
I also won an ATC card that reminds me of Golum from the Lord of the Rings. I will use it in a future journal. Thanks to Ashley who has really created a gorgeous ATC . I love mini art pieces like that! Her blog is wonderful as she does gorgeous paintings and dolls.
I am totally excited as the Tim Holtz Vagabond finally arrived. It is so gorgeous! It looks like a vintage leathr suitcase and it cuts dies and embosses beautifully! I put the vintage stickers on the Vagaond that came with it, and immediately used it to begin my journal for Joe based on what I love about him....Our anniversary is on Monday, and we will be married 14 years....I will give him the journal then, and also post a pic on the blog. I worked all afternoon on it, and it will have 30 pages ...Impossible to just narrow it down to only ten things, as I originally planned...LOL It is turning out so well, and I can't wait to show it to him. Thank God,I have this week to work on it, as it is quite the endeavor. I spent today cutting out the chipboard into fancy shapes for the journal, and I was beginning to incorporate pics of Joe, adding embellishments, etc. Lots of work, but it was fun! The Vagabond helped me so much with it all, and because it is electric, no more cranking...I love that! I am also ordering Joe two things...one additional gift for his anniversary and the other for his birthday, which is also in March.
I will post about our anniversary as we have a big day planned out for Monday.
I won't be able to check blogs till Friday, as the cord to our laptop needs to be replaced, and we won't get it till then. It is just too hard for me to sit at the main computer for so many hours reading blogs, because it really hurts my knees, and since the accident, I just can't do it.
I guess I am also used to sitting in my lounge chair with the laptop on my lap and my feet up on the stool....I am too spoiled, but really it does hurt my legs, so forgive me for skipping a few days this week.
Off to read the "Irish Quilting Magazine" which arrived in the mail also!

20 comments:

Betty said...

Congratulations on the wins and Your Anniversary.

Hugs,

Willow

Wacky Woman said...

You DO get good mail. Happy Anniversary.

Merilyn said...

Lovely wins Micki! Good luck with the journal. I truly hope you and Joe have a very special Anniversary day!

Needled Mom said...

What nice wins!!

Happy anniversary to you and Joe.

Have fun with you new toy. I can't wait to see what you create.

Barb said...

Oh wow, congrats on the wins....and soooo excited about your vagabond...just wonderful...can't wait to see your journal.

Colleen Barnett said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary Monday. I can't wait to hear all about his reaction. What a wonderful, special gift. You have a lovely big heart, Micki xxx

Kim D. said...

Congrats on the wins, looks like you received some nice things. Happy Anniversary to you both!! It Sounds like the vagabond is a great tool.

Gene Black said...

Excellent wins. Congratulations.
Happy anniversary!

Chris H said...

OOOO a vagabond... I soooo want one... but they are so expensive here... well in fact I have not seen any here yet!
But you can bet they will be expensive... *sigh*

JJ said...

Your wins look lovely. The journal sounds like a labor of love and I am sure he will love it. Happy Aniversay.

Sparky said...

Hi Micki and JO, happy day, week, month, year, decades...well deserving...and the wins...lucky lady you are...truly gifted...

Margaret Hall said...

Belated Happy Anniversary~!! Love the ATC as you say---Like Gollum!!
Here's to a creative week!

Villa-loredana said...

Congratulation dear, my OWOH is in traveling to you, hope will arrived safe. Have a nice evening. Loredana

Siobhán said...

Happy anniversary! Congrats on the wins.

Kerstin said...

congrats to your absolute nice winnings and your Anniversary. I love the ATC.

Kerstin

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh Micki....I know you are going to absolutely have a ball with your Vagabond.

More winnings....you do have the Luck of the Irish....rub some on me girl.

Hugs,
Kelly

Jo said...

Wow! What gorgeous treasures to remind you of our incredible flying adventure with OWOH! Congratulations too on your wedding annniversary - the gift you are creating for Joe sounds truly divine! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating.

We're coming over to Dublin next week to celebrate our daughter's 21st (she was born on St Patrick's day) and to join in the festivities.... so looking forward to it!
Huge hugs xxx

Loralynn said...

Congrats on the wins! Awesome new toy too, I'm sure you will have lots of fun with it!

snore stop said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary Monday. I can't wait to hear all about his reaction. It Sounds like the vagabond is a great tool.

Peggy Parker said...

Micki, thanks for the compliment - I am thrilled that you will enjoy the charm! Your winnings and RAKs were exciting to see, too! My favorite post, however, is the one about your quilting friend, which served as inspiration to pick up that quilt I'm not quite finished with yet.....when, I don't know, but I will!