Paule wrote me and told me that because of reading my blog, she joined the International Siggy Group. I can't tell you how happy that has made me, and Paule, you've made my day. I know Paule will love the group, as I have met some wonderful people through the many siggy blocks that I received and the letters that accompanied the blocks. As Paule told me in an email, and I wholeheartedly agree, that it is so much more personal to receive a letter that tells something about the person who made the siggy, and that is why I keep all the letters that I have received.
To give you an example of how wonderful these blocks and letters are, I received, as you can see another siggy today from Heide in Germany. She sent me a Happy New Year Siggy.I hope that Heide does not mind my sharing, but it was so endearing, and this is what she wrote:
Enclosed you will find my siggy and I hope you will swap with me. My siggy is a welcome to the year 2009. I hope we all will have peace all over the world. It is a shame that people do not realize that! Our swapping will be a contribution to them. I like swapping. All day I look to the post box in expectation. I believe all swappers think so.
My name is Heide and I was born in Berlin. Since 40 years, I live in Bremen.
I look forward to your siggy.
Have a good swapping time!
Yours,
Heide
I do look forward to getting my siggies, and you can well understand why. It was a very heartwarming letter! Heidi, thanks for making my day too!
Well, Paule, that's what you have to look forward to ....lots of wonderful letters, beautiful siggies, and then a lovely quilt that you can make from all the siggies that you collected! Each time you look at the quilt, you will remember all the quilters and their letters.
Thanks again Paule and Heide for making my day very special indeed!
PS: As somone emailed me and asked, if you want to join the International Siggy Group, write to
Annelies Van den Bergh at annelies_van_den_bergh@planet.nl
4 comments:
Happy New Year, Micki and Joe, I hope this will be a wonderful year for you both. Wishing you good health and happiness love Kath and Jim
What a lovely siggy block, and the thoughts and wishes are so lovely!
Cheers Erica
How lovely to receive not only the quilt block but such a nice letter too... if only I had more time I'd join in the exchange.
How do you join the siggie swap
Post a Comment