
Joe and I were up till the wee hours, I mean wee hours of the morning...Boy, are we both tired now, as we also got up at 7:30 as we had to go food shopping. Ok, here is the latest computer news...Our computer is fixed. Even though the computer would not boot up on its own, Joe got access to the computer, and saw that everything was there such as documents, pics etc. He spent hours saving everything to the external hard drive that we have. Then he found out from Norton software the name of the virus that hit our computer. He then researched it on the internet and found a fix for it that allowed him to remove it....a genius or what? So, the good news is that the virus is gone and all is well. We figured that when we opened up this email, it all happened. Even though we have an external drive, we decided to get this Click Free Automatic Back up Drive, which automatically backs up everything on your computer.
Now, my suggestion to you all is not to open any email that you are not 100 percent sure of. Oh, the name of the virus was Trojan Downloader:Win32/FakeINIT. The virus can send itself to everyone in the address book, so I am giving you a warning not to open anything that looks at all suspicious. We are not going to open up anything unless we know the person or company 100 percent.
End of story....a happy ending...I am relaxing in my lounge chair. Joe will be taking a nap soon for two hours. I will sit and watch tv. My cricut will be arriving very soon, so I will be busy learning everything. I have orders still to make concerning supplies, and it will take me a few months to really get all that I want,but it will be fun.
Off to watch "Dynasty"...Aren't I the lucky bunny to have Joe as a husband...a genius for sure!
40 comments:
I'm glad you sorted the computer problem, I downloaded a virus before Christmas, not that one, by trying to put a pretty icon in my blog sidebar. The Hub was spitting mad (I broke the vacuum cleaner the same day- he had cause), but between us we got rid of it, not as fast as you though.
The batik fabrics are gorgeous, and the siggies really pretty. It never ceases to amaze me the variety in your siggies! I'm glad you are slowly picking up healthwise, the old proverb 'slow and steady wins the race' is probably a good motto for the present!
Congratulations on your husband! Since we had several problems with the laptop my daughter worked on, one year ago a bought a gorgeous and sparkling MacBook: it's like speedy gonzales and no viruses. All the best, Clara.
We use ESET vs Norton. Several PC technicians said it was better. We've been happy with it the past few years.
Glad to hear Joe was able to fix your PC. He is a genius. My PC is still in the shop (hardware issue, possibly mother-board). I hope to find out today if they can economically fix it or I need to buy another one. Maybe Joe should come fix it for me and you could come with him????
What is it....seems like everyone is having PC issues lately. Spring air?
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Glad to hear that Joe is a computer genius.
Micki - you are indeed blessed to have a genius husband! :)
SO happy to hear that, my computer had problem too and my husband had to reinstall in with a month old back up so I lost some of my pictures, but thanks that I sent some to my mom I have some of them!
Have a good day! Your fabrics are gorgeous!
Wow...that is wonderful...you are up and running at full speed....
I am so happy Joe was able to do that. I am lucky, too, as hubby was a computer specialist for Rutgers University for 26 years and he can do most anything with our computers (and with those of our friends). Enjoy the rest of your day/evening.
So glad you are back up and running...congrats to Joe!! and thanks for sharing the email virus info.
Take it easy :)
So glad it has been sorted Micki. What a gem you have in Joe - but you already know that.
thank goodness for genius husbands!
Glad to hear your computer is back from the brink!
Glad you're back online in one piece, Micki. Sounds like you're feeling better too. Hugs.
That Trojan crap hit my computer too when I had a laptop. Unfortunately, it wiped out the laptop. BooooHissss!
Thanks for all the great advice Micki! I'm so glad you didn't lose your photos.
Ugh!!! So so so sorry to hear about your puter troubles! Back in the day (when I owned a PC/Windows machine), I also was wiped out by two different viruses and two different times.
One HUGE PRO about owning a Mac; MOST viruses don't touch Macs....
I use AVAST which is so superior to other anti virus software I've used and it's free!
We, in canada are of course watching the olympics and cheering for every winner..
What a guy you have! It would be me if anything happened to us...I'm not good, but better than my sweetie.
You are sooooooooo lucky to have Joe as your husband. Great work Joe. I have just purchased a new computer as I was sick of my not wottking properly. Now I have to learn all over again as it has Windows 7.
Thank you for the advice re virus. I will be extra careful.
So glad it has been sorted Micki. What a treasure you have in Joe ..
I will not open anything that i don't know who it's from..
thanks Micki
Julia ♥
how great, i'm so glad he fixed it, how lucky you are.
Joe is a genius! I'm glad it's all fixed and hope you both get some rest!
Hooray for Joe! He did a great job!
Lucky for you .... and lucky for us too, glad all is well and you're back online :o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)
Well done Joe! If I have any computer issues my Stew is HOPELESS...so our son Steve has to travel hundreds of miles to fix it for me!
How clever are you to have married such a handy man? I am sure he thinks similar thoughts about you on a daily basis. Computer viruses can be tricky, I'm glad you were able to get yours fixed up. Looking forward to seeing all your new cricut creations.
Genius hubbies are great - glad you have one!!
Hope you are recovering well!!
That is so awesome that he was able to fix it! I love handy husbands!
good for him! I am lost without mine....I also never, never open up anything unless I know exactly who it is from....I have crashed two computers from virus's then had to pay to get them unvirused...what a pain.....
He's a genius, he is! I can get so frustrated with these electronics sometimes. Dynasty, that sounds like fun. It would be fun to watch it all the way through. Hope you have a great weekend Micki!
Beware of unknown e-mails, if on a Pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! As I said before, that's why we are on Macs.
And pretty new blog look here!!!
Glad you got your computer sorted -clever hubby ;) Even though we're warned about dodgy emails it's still difficult to know sometimes.
Adore your batik fabrics I buy them to make cloth dolls but did make a little bag with some a while ago. Want to venture into mini art quilts - when I've practised free-mahine embroidery a bit more :)
Anne xx
Hi Micki,
What a relief! So glad you've got everything sorted. Ros x
Lucky gal to have Joe and for him to be so SMART!!!YOur an amazing gal and I am so happy for our friendship. I learn so much from you. Please don't overdue so you can be healthy again. (I should listen to myself). Have a great weekend. Hugs, Marie
A soul mate + a genious, all in just one husband?
Wow, I should say you are lucky.. Great goin' Joe.. You are a genius..those computers can give you a way to go.. But how you figured that out is amazing.. I must get to backing mine up to
Hugs,
Maggey
Oh, I'm laughing here. Buy that computer genius a beer! Be careful out there, Micki. What happened to your Philly street-smarts? Have ya gotten soft on us? But thanks for the tips, my friend.
Love to ya,
Catherine
P.S. I always love hearing from you.
My neighbor recently got a virus as well, she said it pretty much destroyed the computer -- even attacked the ports. :/ I'm glad yours is fixed!!
I just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU for for entering my OWOH giveaway! Sorry it took me so long to get back with you -- it's been a crazy few weeks. I'm following your blog now, and if you'd like to stop by mine and see if you like it, I'd love for you to follow me as well! :) Thanks,
Sadie@
http://nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com
I am glad you are back!
Thank you so much for telling me about that auto backup thingie -- I need that like crazy, and I'm going to get one!
that's what I love about having a Mac. The viruses are virtually non-existent. In fact, I haven't heard of one for a long time. Makes me feel just a tad safer :-)
Post a Comment