Joe brought me the laptop to my bed, and I read all of your well wishes. I was told this is my last post. At least that was how Joe jokingly put it, but I knew he meant it. He said that since he posted, that officially makes him a blogger, so who am I to take away that title from him? As for myself, I have been very sick. I am trying to keep my sense of humour, but it is not easy. I am humorously trying to decide which is worse: the extreme pain from the shingles or the nausea that I have gotten from the antibiotics. I can only eat yogurt and due to the extreme nausea, I am happy to get that down. I woke up this morning at 4 AM in terrible pain and quite nauseous. It is not easy to deal with both at the same time. Oh, well, there is worse to be had. I just wanted to thank each and everyone who wrote me and sent me their well wishes and prayers. It meant the world to me, and all the emails did make me smile, and Joe was happy to see me smile.With all the prayers that I am getting, I should be fine soon.
I am writing out my Star for the Month, as I have convinced my Joe that it will take my mind off my illness, and may I say that I have not lost my gift of persuasion.
I will not post again for a few days, as I don't want to push my luck....Even the luck of the Irish can be taken a bit too far. Anyways, himself has decreed it. LOLThanks again so much!
Hugs,
Micki
57 comments:
Many wishes for you to feel better soon!
Oh Micki, I hope you feel better soon. Shingles is so painful.
Oh Micki, I do hope you will be feeling better very soon. Take care, get lots of rest, and let Joe handle the rest.
I'm so sorry for not sending my thoughts and prayers to you sooner, Micki but I think mine is the last blog in blogland to get updates of posts on my sidebar.
Take care of yourself and I know the only cure for shingles if to ride them out...and it's probably the worst ride of your life.
Get well soon. We'll be here waiting for you.
Hugs Micki!! Take it easy and feel better soon! We will miss you, but your health is MOST important so DON'T rush it. Joe will take good care of you....hugs from across the ocean!
best whishes to youmfrom me ,too,take care,susi
Micki I hope you get well soon. Stay tucked up in bed and let Joe look after you.
Hugz Maria
Hi Micki, glad you were able to read all our messages... Ugggh... nausea.. I know what you mean...HATE it with a big hate.. Once the antibiotics work and the pain is a bit better, you won't have to take them anymore and then the nausea will get better too! Just think... hold out for a little while and then it will just be on the up, up, up!! Continuing to think of you, Bless you. x
UGH...yes...nausea is the worst (at least to me).....and to have that WITH pain and also being stuck sick inside during a cold winter, that is the PITS. Let's hope things improve quickly for you. We will all be here when you get back to blogging, so don't worry about that! Just concentrate on getting yourself well.
Stay strong Micki!! Let Joe do all the heavy lifting in your life right now! I am thinking of you every day~
Eileen
Please listen to Joe and take your much needed rest. When I read about your nausea and pain at the same time, my heart just went out to you.
I know your Joe will take fantastic care of you!
Only just picked up Joe's post Micki. Poor you, it is bad enough having the illness without the medication making you feel so wretched. The important thing is to take good care of yourself and rest.
Oh Micki, so sorry to hear that you are down and out. How sweet of DH to post a blog and bring you the laptop though. Times of stress do show us about peoples true selves doesn't it? How lucky you are to have someone so understanding to take care of you. I hope you on on the mend soon.
I'm so sorry to hear you are having such difficulties! Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery.
As much as I enjoy hearing from you, I must agree with Joe. No, no, no more blogging until you feel better. You need to rest and recovery. We want our beloved Micki to be back blogging, quilting, walking, reading and feeling great very soon. But it will take rest to get there.
Hugs, many hugs.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Oh Micki - I just read about your illness this A.M. I hope you get better very soon and prayers are being sent your way. Take care!
Oh my hope you soon feel better and back to your old self. Saying a prayer for you . Hugs
Hope you are back to your old self soon!! In the meantime, knowing that your many blog friends are sending their best wishes and prayers your way!
Hugs!!
Pam
Oh, Micki...
I'm SO sorry to hear of your illness. Shingles can be so awful and painful, then to add nausea to the mix..you poor thing.
Thankfully your Joe is there to take care of you.
Take all the time you need to heal. I'll be praying for you and for Joe.
Hugs and prayers
Oh Micki, that all sounds so dreadful! I hope you are feeling better soon.
Not even this illness will keep you down. I feel so bad that you have shingles, I heard that is the worst ever and then neasuea on top of that....so sorry.....get well soon!!
Big hugs and get well wishes coming you way Micki, I do hope that you rest well and have a speedy recovery. Shingles is so nasty so you want to make sure that you do rest well and get rid of it "properly" - so ride the storm, and we will all welcome you back when you are well and ready
(I'm with Karen, your blog post was dropped into my sidebar overnight)
Oh Micki, I'm so sorry to hear you're sick, hope you feel better soon. First is your health, try to sleep tons, gets lots of rest and let your hubby to do everything instead of you.
Big hugs!
***hugs*** Great to hear from you.
Now go rest!
How NICE of Joe to bring you the laptop!
I hope he continues to keep us informed on how you are doing!
Get better soon.
{{{HUGS}}}
I am crossing all fingers and toes that you get better fast!!
Your hubby did a good job of blogging....he is officially one of us now. hahahaha
hugs my friend across the pond!!
dawn
Do as you are advised, please.
And if there's something you just *have* to tell us, I'm sure Joe can do a marvelous job of posting/telling us, again.
Gentle hugs and many good wishes!!!
I know from experience the pain of shingles and I'm sending warm, sunny thoughts and love for a very speedy recovery. We shall miss you while you recuperate........
Lizzie
XXX
Himself is right. You need to take some time to get better.
Micki, it's lovely to read your post but you must take care of yourself and let Joe look after you. I'm sending my healing vibes to you too. Sue xx
Best wishes to you. Joking or not, Joe is probably right. Take care of yourself and let him do everything he can for you. We'll be here when you get back.
Get better soon, lots of quilting and blogging to be done
hugs
Christine
Hope you are on the mend Micki. My fiend got the shingles about two years ago and I know how awful it is. Get some rest. :^)
Try to behave Micki! Joe is trying to take care of you. Eat as much of the yogurt as you can. It helps to keep the good bacteria in your system.
Unfortunately the antibiotics kill the good bacteria as well as the troublesome ones.
Thinking of you and praying for you, both!
Oh no, shingles suck! Unless you catch them the minute they appear they are hell on earth.
Thinking of you, butterfly. Hope you feel better real quick!
xxx
Aw Micki we just met and your sick of me already? ajoking ...I hope you feel better. Please get better I am hoping to share irish folklore.
Smiles
Oh Micki ... shingles, oh that's awful!!! You poor poor thing!!! I'm sending [[very gentle]] long distance hugs to you, I do hope you're feeling better soon.
(gentle) Hugs,
Joy :o) *mwah*
You poor poor thing- I've heard shingles is truly yeurch! I'm not surprised Joe is laying down the law, and so he ought. I wondered why I hadn't been 'bumping into you' online as I often cross your path! Now I know. Not funny.
Get well soon please?!
It has really got to you, Micki. I am sorry. Hope every day you will feel a bit better. Take care.
Sending "Distant Healing Reik Energy" for you to heal quickly and well ~ You are a special person for me as you were the First to post on my blog when I started blogging in the USA ~ lots of love and hugs to you and Joe~ be well soon! Carol (artmusedogs)
Micki, I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for introducing Pat! I can't believe you managed to get the post up with the way you're feeling. You're a real trooper! (DH's favorite expression!)
Found your blog thru Pat, just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers for healing and back to blogging, take care, BarbM
Dear Micki
All the good wishes are your way and I hope you are feeling better very soon.
Hugs
Dear Micki
All the good wishes are your way and I hope you are feeling better very soon.
Hugs
Dear Micki
All the good wishes are your way and I hope you are feeling better very soon.
Hugs
Micki - so sorry to hear about your health difficulties. Shingles can be very painful - and the nausea too. A lot to deal with. You rest and let Joe take good care of you. Hope you're back on your feet very soon. Slainte.....
Oh micki, my prayers are with you and get better soon!!!! melinda
Get well soon. I'm awaiting your next post when you recovered. Good on you Joe for being firm and keep Micki rested - Hugs to both Nat
ohh Micki you poor thing..I just read about your shingles...not nice...I remember a girl in my group talking about when she got shingles and how hard it is to deal with....good luck...take care and hopefully it wont be too long and you are back to your well self..hugs
Khris
Oh my goodness!! You will stay in my prayers until you are better. I hope you recover quickly. Shingles is an awful and painful thing to overcome. We are all out here pulling for you!!
You poor thing :( Get better soon! I'm one of your Swap with a Difference gals - waving from Australia!
Oh Micki take care and rest up...sending you a big hug through cyberspace...Hey you did a good job Blogger Joe!!!
Dzintra♥x
Micki,
I'm so sorry to hear that you are ill! I know shingles is just horrible; I hope you are feeling better very soon. I'll keep you in my prayers.
All the best,
Susan in Texas
Take care, Micki. Sending lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery. Listen to Joe and get lots of rest. Big hugs.
Oh MY --- Dear Micki
Don't try to hurry back to posting - just rest and get better. Shingles are terrible things to get and so painful. My prayers for a very speedy recovery!!
Hugs
Pam
Hey Micki, just dropped by to say hello. I'm one of the swap partners in Swap with a diff. I'm sorry to hear about your suffering. Get well soon!
Gosh Micki, you seem to have had a bad run with illness. I had a family member suffering with shingles and they were as sick as. I hope this all passes over soon for you and you get strong and fit. Kind regards, Anita.
Post a Comment