Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Cool Spring and Some Wee Projects

It has been a cooler spring, but sunny here in Dunfanaghy.The cooler weather has allowed us to take longer walks, and the scenery is just lovely.
I have been involved in a few wee projects as I wait for all of my art and Tim Holtz supplies, so I can start my art journal. This week, I found a wonderful Derwent Inktense 60 watercolour pencils on Ebay for 45 sterling, which I will be ordering this week. Anyways, here is what I have been working on.
First, I started this scarf in various pastel colours. I have started it in the blue and light yellow. I have to finish two more rows of the yellow, and then add a light pink and white. I don't know if you can see it, but the yarn has sparkle in it, so it will be very pretty. I will post a final pic of the scarf when I am done, which should be in the next day or two. Next, I am making flowers for my journal out of patterned paper and then glazing them with the Glossy Accent to give them shine and dimension. I made this smaller one, and you can see it in the pic with the scarf.

Then, I made a card for Joe... just because....a tiger in Africa saying inside the card that I was "wild " over him and of course I am.
Finally.I made this primitive style doll from a pattern that I got. I got the cute sign from the store where I purchased the pattern, which said, "Housework never hurt anyone but why try it." I love her dress with the lace. I found the perfect fabric for it. She is standing by a potted plant and is looking very happy indeed.

34 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Micki, I'm glad to hear that spring is finally arrives for you. I love spring and autumn best, unfortunately we are getting into winter here. We had a lovely summer this year with more rain so I can't complaint - Hugs Nat

Maggey and Jim said...

That scarf will be great for these cool evenings..The colors are so soft and that little doll is so cute,, I love dolls..
Hugs,
Maggey
We are having some cool days now, having a hard time getting my garden in????

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Another card! You are making the cutest cards for Joe!

^_^
.

Barb said...

the doll is so cute!!! Glad you are enjoying the spring weather.

Nedra said...

You really have made quite a few things in the last few days. I'm sure Joe is "wild" about you too! How nice to make him a card.

Zlaty said...

Hi Micki!

What a lovely doll! I had to click on the picture to see it better! :) You are getting so good at these cards! Looking forward seeing the finished scarf! It's cooler this weekend here in Pa also.

Happy crafting!

Patty said...

I like your scarf, very cute.Looks like you've been productive lately.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Cute, cute creations Micki! That little flower is precious!

Pat said...

What fun things you have been making. Thanks for posting photos for us to see. Love the saying about housework....LOL

Needled Mom said...

Your projects all look like fun. I especially like the saying for the doll.....why try???? Too cute.

Judy S. said...

Looks like you're staying busy and enjoying spring!

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Micki! The scarf looks like it's coming along nicely, and I LOVE your doll! Love the pretty fabric you dressed her in too! Really cute!!.. Hope you've been enjoying the weekend.. It always goes so fast, doesn't it?! ~tina

Sue said...

Micki, I love your multi talentedness! Is that a word? I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

I love all of the crafts you do. Every thing is so pretty.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm really enjoying seeing all that you're up to these days! The doll, card, and scarf are wonderful. I think it's wonderful that you make cards for Joe.

We've turned on the air conditioner here. It won't be much longer before it will need to be on full time. I love fresh air so I'm not looking forward to the heat.

webbsway said...

Hi Mickie
I am so glad to see that you are feeling better!
I love the scarf yellow and blues and pinks are my favorite colors.
The card you made for Joe is so romantic. I hope he got a kick out of it!
O yes, the little doll is perfect and lots of fun!
Hugs, Linda

Clara said...

You've been quite busy, haven't you? Love the scarf, clicking on the picture for a close up I've seen the sparkling yarn. And the doll with the small apples on the dress is very nice. I've never made a card and yours are so original and with beautiful colurs. Have a nice week, mine will be busy 'cause of the move: my house is full of boxes and next friday we'll have the move and start the renovation. xxx Clara.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Micki you have been busy as always!!!

Maria said...

Lovely scarf, will come in handy for the cool evenings.

Your doll is sooo cute.

Betty said...

So many wonderful things you have made and making. I love the scarf and the colors are so pretty. That will go on my to do list. In fact I want to make a shawl. Never have done one, but have always wanted one.

Thanks for joining my blog.

Willow

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

cute doll---I love it.
★Linda

Shippymolkfred said...

I thought 'wee' is a Scottish word :)
Love your Quilts.
Greetings from Loch Ness
Shippy

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

The scarf is looking lovely, so is the flower :) Love the card, and that doll is fab, love the sentiment hehe
Anne xx

Searchfamilies said...

I hope that your supplies are not being held up with the flight problems i know that some bits i am waiting on must be
Hugs Janice

Tammy said...

You have been busy Micki!
Lovely scarf, the doll is just "too cute" and your cards are wonderful!
Hope the weather continues to be enjoyable, it's been nice here in PA too.
Hugs2u

Miri said...

The doll is just adorable! and the scarf looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

Micki - you are one of the most productive person I know!!

All your projects are so sweet, especially that doll!!!

Chris H said...

Wow that card is awesome.
The scarf colours are lovely... it looks lovely and soft.

Bia, from Brazil said...

It´s nice you get many projects started and get them all done! Lovelly doll!
Tks for visiting me and dropping a sweet comment every now and then!

a good yarn said...

Gosh, Micki, you are making such an amazing variety of projects and they look terrific! Ann :-)

Lois said...

You have been very busy..i wish i could get through just a few. Our weather is extremely hot and we are in our Autumn season.
Hugs
Lois

Natasha in Oz said...

It's nice to see that the Spring-time weather is inspiring you so much! I hope the days continue to be beautiful and creative.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Pat from Florida said...

Micki,
You certainly keep busy. I love your varied projects!

Unknown said...

You have been busy! I love the sign on the doll....so cute...the tiger card is awesome too!