
I received a lovely fabric postcard from Katrin who has a blog called
Cattinka. If you haven't visited her, please do, as she is super talented and such a lovely lady. The postcard has the cutest teacup on it and I just love it. She surprised me with a Santa applique sheet. Well, I love Santa. My dad used to take me to Philadelphia during Christmas to see the toyland displays and of course to sit on Santa's lap. He told me that Santa loved children from all over the world, and my goodness did I love him! I collect Santas too and just can't get enough of him. So Katrin, thanks so much!

I was so excited that I immediately started to work on a wee Santa wallhanging, which may get hung up now when I finish it. As you can see, I did the stitching around the applique, but I have tons of pins in it so I can do the machine quilting. I will finish it over the next few days. Thanks so much Katrin!
Next, I won a pattern in the
I Have a Notion giveaway called Winter Lily. I will definitely do this one, as I think I will make the background dark, and have the baskets in batiks. It is really a nice pattern, and should make a nice lap quilt. Thank you Kelly for hosting such a wonderful giveaway! I know how hard hosting that huge giveaway must have been!

Well, I have been busy starting on my Santa project, and Joe and I just got back from our morning walk, and we will do another walk in the afternoon.
Off to make lunch!
24 comments:
That is a really lovely looking santa panel. A lovely post card as well.
Gotta love mail deliveries.
Micki, thanks for sharing a glimps at your lovely goodies. I adore my blogging friends. They are all so generous.
There's that luck coming back with that win Micki LOL!!! Lovely card from Cattinka too...Dzintra♥x
YOu have alot of fun things going on over there. Not time a wastig with you....
What a lovely card Micki and a beautiful traditional Santa Wall Hanging.You lucky girl
Good morning Micki,
Having my coffee and reading your blog.. How nice to get a sweet post card with coffee beans.And I love those old world Santa's,don't you? Have a good walk, take care.
Hugs,
Maggey
What a greate pattern you have won! I love it, and looking foreward to see your quilt :o)
The luck of the Irish continues! It's nice to know you collect Santas.
What fun things arrived in your mail recently!
Micki, you do have the luck of your Irishman with that win. It's never the wrong time of year for Santa
Lovely mail!!! I know you will enjoy the Santa panel and put it to great use.
What a lovely surprise Micki. but Santa in April!! Thank you for the link to Cattinka's blog
Your Santa is great and I love the cards! Thanks for sharing, you always get the best mail!
You Lucky Lady, Micki. So many cute things. The blogs are interesting. Thanks for sharing them with us. Just love that teacup card.
Willow
What nice goodies. I love the winter holidays I'm already working on stuff for winter.
Holly
Hi Micki! LOVE your tea cup postcard!.. and as for Santa?.. I still love him too! ~tina
Dearest Micky, Oh, you have never seen a white squirrel? We have several here in my city of Minneapolis, Minnesota! And black ones too! I love white animals; they seem ethereal and magical. Thank you for coming to visit my silly world, but that is the one way I deal with stress, being a teacher and all, and you know that well, don't you?!
Peace, Anita
What a fun mail day you had!!
That is an adorable post card!!
Have fun with your goodies!
Hugs,
Lola
Hi Micki,
when I had gotten this Santa panel, I imediately had thought of you! Thats why I wanted to give it to you, I knew you would enjoy having it.
KATRIN W.
Fantastic Santa wallhanging! The teacup postcard is very sweet. I collect cards and pictures of teacups. Great win too! Ann :-)
Lovely postcard & Santa, i see you still on your winning streak well done
Hugs Janice
Have a nice time during the work on it. Regards. Loredana.
What great stuff. How nice of her. I used to go to Pomeroy's in downtown Reading to see Santa when I was a girl and they had animatronic Santa's village on the top floor of the building. That was fun.
I love to see Green Santa's x x x
Makes a good change. :-)
Post a Comment