Friday, April 2, 2010

Finished My Celtic Wallhanging , A New Siggy, and Joe Won a TV

I finally did the machine quilting of my Celtic Wallhanging. I had a lot of fun doing it, and it is hanging now in the living room. Joe and I both love it!! I now only have one UFO to do, and that is to machine quilt the miniature house quilt that I made, and I will start that tomorrow.

I also got a gorgeous siggy from Frouwkje who is from the Netherlands. Isn't the Dutch boy and girl in the centre just adorable? Thanks so much! I am slowly but surely coming to the end of the required amount of siggies that I need to make the quilt.

Finally, some exciting news for us...Joe entered a drawing and won a Toshiba television/dvd combo for our bedroom. It is really neat, and can you picture us watching movies in the bedroom lying on our bed propped up on our huge pillows? Joe set it up this morning, and that was a nice surprise for us.

42 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yaaay, for finishing, getting mail AND winning! Excellent!
Yes I can picture it, but I think you will have some sewing or crafting of some kind in your hands while you watch!

Lurline said...

Lovely - and how lucky is Joe!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Talk about the luck of the Irish! Hooray for Joe!

Happy Easter to both of you!

Colleen said...

Congratulations Micki. You seem to be a very lucky person.

andsewon said...

Wonderful finish!!Look forward to seeing all your siggie quilt as well.
Waytago Joe!
You all do seem to have some very good luck!!! Enjoy!!
Hugs,
Lola

Maggi said...

Your Celtic hanging is great Micki and the siggy is so cute. You two are so lucky with your wins - that is an awesome prize.

Maggey and Jim said...

The Celtic hanging is so nice.. The colors are great too. Wow,, winning that tv was awesome and yes, watching in bed is so fun..
Love,
Maggey

Pat said...

Congrats on the great win!!! The Celtic hanging turned out terrific. I am going to start doing the siggy block exchange soon, too!

Needled Mom said...

Your Celtic quilt will make such a lovely addition to your home. I can't wait to see the miniature house one finished.

Lucky Joe. That is awesome. Don't spend too much time in bed. ;)

Simone de Klerk said...

Wonderful finish, very cute siggy and CONGRATULATIONS with Joe's TV win!!!
Vrolijke Paasdagen!

Nedra said...

I'm telling you, I've never heard of someone who wins so many things as you! Congratulations on the TV. Wow. I think you need to give lessons on how to win. Or is it just the luck of the Irish?

Orcsmom said...

Congrats on Joe winning the tv. I finally got my Irish Quiliting magazine in the mail, and I was so happy to see the Celtic wallhanging pattern in it! I cannot wait to make it along with the Abbey Window quilt. Enjoy your new "Media" room!!

Hugs!!

Pam

Maria said...

Well done on your finish.

Yes I am getting lots of siggy's too but still need a few more.

How wonderful to win a TV. Good on you Joe!!!

Janet said...

What will you do when you're finished everything? :)
I love to listen to your music and often want to look up who the artists are - but your second playlist is hidden underneath your border and I don't know how to pull it out of there so I can see what it says. Can you tell me?

Julia said...

Congrats to Joe...how exciting for you both. have a lovely Easter..
Julia ♥

Tammy said...

Wow! Congrats to Joe.
That is a cute Dutch block and your quilt is lovely Micki!
Happy Easter!

marina said...

Your celtic hanging looks so bright and cheery. Well done...
When will you start putting your siggies together?
cheers
Marina

Zlaty said...

Really. Nice quilt you finished Micky!

Congratulations on the new TV!

Happy Easter!

SewCalGal said...

Yippee. Congratulations to Joe. Didn't he win a tv last year? You two are definitely lucky Irish! I'm very happy for you both!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great machine quilting Micki!

Chris H said...

Wooo Hooo on all fronts!
I used to have a tv in the bedroom... *sigh*, now it's in the garage so HE can watch it while he's exercising!

Judy S. said...

Sounds as if you're both pretty lucky! Love the celtic piece; it looks like it was hard!

Greg said...

I think I need to rub Joe's head for luck!! Congrats... The wallhanging is awesome! Nice work.

Denise @ kc242 said...

Beautiful quilting!

Nancy M. said...

They are both very pretty! Congrats on winning the tv!

Sue said...

Ahhh 'tis the luck of the Irish well done Joe.
Great siggy too.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very pretty. It feels so good to sew the last stitch. Lucky hubby!!!

Bia, from Brazil said...

Friendly winds blowing your way! Enjoy the pretty wall hanging and the tv for a long long time...

Pat from Florida said...

Your Celtic wallhanging turned out great! I saw those patterns in an Irish quilt mag. at my JoAnn's. Interesting reading.

Congrats to Joe on the tv!

I LOVE that Dutch siggie. Could you email me her contact info, please? Thanks.

Becky said...

Congratulations on the new TV!!!! Your wallhanging looks wonderful. Great finish! Your signature blocks will make a wonderful quilt.

Take care!

a good yarn said...

Well done Joe! Is that the luck of the Irish at work? Your celtic wallhanging looks fantastic. Ann :-)

Liz said...

Well done to both of you, lovely Easter surprise for you...
Have a good week.
Lizzie
xxx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Micki...here's that Luck of the Irish again...Good Job JOe!!! Good finish there on your wallhanging and how cute is that siggy!!! Dzintra♥x

Searchfamilies said...

You must be the luckiest pair i know congratulations
Hugs Janice

Beeshebags said...

Congrats to Joe (and you) on the win....what a legend....winning something you can both share. Hugs Naomi

Laurie said...

So funny that Joe won something for a change! LOL! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win! You will love it. My hubby and I sip our coffee and watch TV in the bedroom every morning. I love all of the sewing projects you do. They are so beautiful! I hope you and your family had a beautiful Easter. Thank you for your kind comments regarding Charli. She seems to be doing better now. I hope you have a great day and a lovely week. Enjoy your TV.

webbsway said...

O Mickie! How wonderful about the tv. You are the first person I have EVER heard in my lifetime that actually won something!

Do you guys have little green leprechauns living with you????? ;)

Dena said...

Congratulations Joe on winning a TV for the bedroom!

Great finish. Can't wait to see your miniature house quilt when it is finished.

Lovely signature block. You're right, the Dutch boy and girl are adorable.

molly said...

Only one UFO left to finish? Your name must be Wonderwoman....or else you are so organized and focused that you finish most projects before you start the next? Your wall hanging is very nice....I put my foot down years ago---no TV in the bedroom! But I'm weird anyway....Enjoy it!

Unknown said...

congratulations on your tv win...It will be comfy cozy to kick back and watch a movie!
I love the finished quilt and only one UFO! YAY! I just have one left too and I hope to have zero forever when the one is done.....

scraphappy said...

The colors in your Celtic quilt are great -- so vibrant. They definitely fit your personality. Congratulations on winning the TV. Isn't it funny how much we enjoy the things we didn't think we needed?