Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mini House Quilt Finished and Another Card

I finished my last UFO.....Hip Hip Hooray! I machine quilted my mini house quilt, which if you remember is a Carol Doak paper piecing pattern. It is only 12x12 inches. I am so thrilled with it, and I do love paper piecing so very much!

Then Joe wanted to write me a card....an inspirational idea of his....He then commissioned me( LOL) to make a card for him, so he could write something inside.I used my favorite color pink for it, and lovely shades of blue. He wrote sweet sentiments inside, and needless to say it was a win win situation for both of us.

My eyesight is not all it should be, so Joe decided to get me the new Ninento DSi XL. The screen is so much bigger, and he got it in wine red for me. Boy, was that a surprise, and I can now see the screen with no problem.

A really nice day...full of wonderful projects and surprises.

30 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your miniature houses. And it's PP! Wish I could learn to do that. Nice present from your husband too!

scraphappy said...

It still boggles my mind how small those tiny houses are. What a fun quilt they make all together though. You really don't have any UFOs hanging out somewhere in a closet? You are putting the rest of us all to shame.

Nedra said...

I'm sure the miniture houses fit in very cozy with your litle cottage. Thank heavens for paper piecing when you are working with designs that small.

Anonymous said...

Micki,

Your mini house quilt is so sweet! I hope you have a special place in your house to display it.

Unknown said...

I think that these little projects mean you are in great health. Good to know.
Love the little minies. Yes the eyes are the first to go. My daughter is now wearing reading glasses...arms weren't long enough.

Pat said...

Love that finished mini-house quilt! I have a DS, too...and enjoy my crosswords game and Family Feud the most so far...oh...and one called "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"

Miriam said...

Wow!!! I love your mini house quilt!!

My eyesight isn't what it used to be either!

Needled Mom said...

I love the miniature houses, Micki. Nice job.

What a sweet idea for Joe to write you a card. He's a keeper.

Do you have Brain Age for the DS? It is a great game.

nutmegg said...

Wow!!!! I couldn't do anything like that and what a wonderful hubby you have

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Micki dearest!
Thank you for coming all the way from Ireland to visit! Have a wonderful evening...Anita

Gene Black said...

Your mini house quilt is amazing. I don't love paper piecing enough to do that.
Love the card and the sweet idea of Joe commissioning you to make it.

Maggey and Jim said...

wow,, that little quilt is fab.. so small...... And the DSlite.. wow, can you do the recipes on it??What a sweet man,
Hugs.
Maggey

Mrs Quilty said...

I love your house quilt, and I love paper piecing too. Am working on a star quilt that is paper piecing. Love Carol Doak too! She's great! Your card is beautiful! Hope you are seeing some sunshine!

SheilaC said...

Your house quilt is beautiful! And then when I realized how SMALL it was I was amazed!

Great job!

SheilaC

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your mini house quilt always makes me smile! You're getting wickedly good at the cards!

Nancy M. said...

Those are both beautiful! Congrats on the DsiXL!

Mystica said...

I love your designs. And how small those houses are and how difficult it must be to do those!

Chris H said...

The wee quilt is just lovely.
So it the card... I am now making some more... so much fun ... and wow about the Ninento thingee!

Kath said...

Micki your little houses are so cute! How did you quilt it, did you FMQ with the feed dogs dropped. I am still ractising with that, it's not easy is it?

Sue said...

I love the finished little house quilt.
Are you having a special celebration what with endearing cards and surprise gifts?

Searchfamilies said...

Lovely work as usual you do beautiful work, i can understand about the eyes
Hugs Janice

Maria said...

Your tiny houses are just divine Micki.

Oh how nice of DH to write nice things in your card and then also give you a DS.

a good yarn said...

My word Micki, you make such diverse projects. I really enjoy my visits to your blog as there is always somethign wonderful to see. That's a very cute house quilt! Cheers, Ann :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki,

Thanks for your visit and kind words on my Fleur de Noel block. It is a pattern I have designed for Quilter's World's Dec 10 issue. :) It is a fun block to make.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Sweetie...
Love this post. Your quilt is just gorgeous, all pieced together. I love looking at the beauty that only you can put together when it comes to color. Be still my little heart. I thank you for sharing.

I love your Nintendo DS, how sweet of Joe to purchase that for you. It should keep you occupied for sure. I would say that Sweet Joe is a keeper sweetie.

Have a beutiful Sunday. Country hugs and so much love, Sherry

Simone de Klerk said...

LOVE your mini house quilt! Absolutely gorgeous.
The card is very pretty too.

Becky said...

Your house quilt is super!!! Great job getting it finished. What games do you plan on your DS? My DS is an avid gamer. Can't wait to tell him one of my quilting buddies has a DS!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

2 lovely projects Micki, I do love that mini house quilt. What a fab prezzy from OH :)
Anne xx

Joanne said...

Gorgeous mini houses- all the more amazing if your eyesight isn't what it used to be!

Cattinka said...

I love your little house quilt, I can´t believe it only measures 12"x12", the single pieces must be tiny.
Well done!
KATRIN W.