Friday, April 30, 2010

My May Star

I will be out tomorrow with my Joe, so I am doing the May Star today. I absolutely love introducing you to Sherry of Country Wings of Phoenix, as she is magical. It is very hard to sum Sherry up just in a few words, but if I have to , I will say that she has a heart of gold. I know you will see that when you visit her blog, which may I say always puts a smile on my face.She is one sweet, talented lady and she has such a giving heart! When you visit her blog, you instantly feel her warmth and hospitality , and it is almost like you are in her home and she is serving you a cup of tea. Sherry wants to visit Ireland...what fun that would be to be able to show her around and get to meet her wonderful husband and soulmate. (You can see the pic of the two of them) . Be sure to visit Sherry's blog, as you will be in for a big treat, and wish her well, as she is not feeling well. Here is her interview:

Interview for May
Name:__Sherry Smith_________

· A Bit About Me:
On June 17th I will have been blogging for a year. I wasn't sure I had much to share, but I so wanted to make friends. We have been out here in Phoenix for 25 years, and I had not met (1) single friend. Blogging has been one of the greatest gifts I have ever received, it has allowed me to make many, many friends. It has allowed me to step out of my shell and be myself.
I just had my 53rd birthday. I have been married for 35 years. I have 3
grown children, and soon to be 8 grandchildren. I love going to thrift stores and antique stores shopping
for treasures. Mr. Country Wings and I love to go to Estate Sales together on our Fridays off.
I love old Laurel and Hardy movies. My favorite channel to watch on TV is TLC. I watch everything from decorating, What Not to Wear, Little People Big World and a new show called the Little Chocolatiers.
Now mind you I only watch TV when I am not blogging, and you all know how I love to blog. It makes me happy.
I also love anything Cherry. I collect all cherry items. (You will find cherry items throughout my house).

· What Inspires Me:
I am inspired by my other blogger sisters. The quilters (I so want to learn to make a real quilt for my bed.)
The country prim designers (I love all things Americana), the tole painters and canvas painters (from roses to old country houses), the writers (from poetry to stories about everything our little hearts desire), the lovely ladies who sew beautiful designs (especially the aprons), the
scrapbookers ( I am learning day by day). The photographers who see beauty in everything that God has created. It inspires me to see the love that we each have for one another, the way that we share with our lives, our crafts and our hearts. Most of all I am inspired by each prayer warrior who still finds time at the end of the day, to bend down on their knees and pray for each one of us. We are all one GREAT big family, and I am so proud to be a small part of it.

· What I Love to Do the Most Creatively:
I would have to say garden. I love digging in the dirt, and
making flower beds. I like adding stepping stones, and little
creatures amongst the plants. I have been known to add a
fairy or two and an assortment of frogs. I love adding my bird
baths and feeders amongst the yard. I have 7 bird baths and
about 4 feeders. Mainly hummingbird feeders, as if I put out
bird feeders I end up with a yard full of pigeons. (Usually that
wouldn't be a problem, but out here in Phoenix, these pigeons
get as big as a chicken, and they are extremely messy.)

· My Favorite Fabric and Designer:
All fabrics with cherries so I usually search out Mary Engelbreight. Everytime I see a bolt of
it, I buy 6 yards that way I always have some with cherries for those special needs that arise
from time to time. I have covered everything from bar stools to adding a trim to a curtain, even been known to add it to a bathroom towel or two.

· UFO I Intend to Finish First:
My bedroom. We just installed a new large window. The next step is to
sand down the wall and paint. I have chosen the paint color and trim.
You will have to wait and see what it is. I believe I have almost talked
Mr. Country Wings into more wood floors. I do not like the carpet. The tile
and the wood floors help keep the house cooler here in the desert.

· What’s on the Design Wall Now:
I am learning to crochet. My BFF, Marydon Ford @ Blushing Rose.blogspot.com/
starting teaching me and helped me secretly work on a baby blanket for the new
grandson coming in June. (It is a secret tho, shhhhhh.) Pictures will be shown after
the baby comes, but I can tell you it is BLUE. Who would have thought?

· Who Would I Love to Meet:

Michael J. Fox - I loved him in the Back to the Future
Movies, Doc Hollywood was so cute, and he played the
best part in Teen Wolf. So many other movies too, but
now that he has Parkinsons and has became so involved
in it, I would truly love to meet him. My Grandma died with
Parkinsons and I would love to know more about the research
that he is doing with the Parkinsons Foundation.

· If I Had One Wish:

It would be for Mr. Country Wings and I to take a trip to
Ireland. We have both always wanted to go. The countryside
is so beautiful, and that has always been a wish of both of ours.
We have many books that we have collected, marked pages and
selected places we would visit. One day maybe? You did say wish, right?

· Plans for the Future:

I am an IT Specialist. I am on a computer anywhere between 10-15 hours a day. I love creating.
I have been with the same organization for 19 years. I plan on working another 8-10 years and then
retire, and spend time with Mr. Country Wings. We would like to find some property in Oregon where
we could spend summers and spend winters here in the valley. We love the ocean.

Here is some of Sherry's beautiful work! Enjoy it and thanks so much Sherry for being my May star. You are really a sweetie!


































































10 comments:

The French Bear said...

Micki, Sherry is definitely a "star" she is so sweet and she does brighten the day when you visit her blog. I have just gotten to know her a little but I adore her, always a happy thought and kind word!!!
So nice of you to blog about her, you are a sweetheart!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Micki Sweetie...
Oh how blessed I am to have such beautiful friends.

I have never been a star, and am so thrilled that you see me as that. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. What a special friend you are sweetie.

Hope you and Joe are off to do something fabulous for the weekend. Knowing Joe, I would say you are in for a treat. I'll be watching for the post about it.

Have a fabulous weekend sweetie. You are so loved. Many hugs, Sherry

Maggey and Jim said...

She is indeed worthy of your star.. A wonderful sweet thoughtful and endearing spirit.. I love her blog and visit almost daily..
Congrats to Sherry,,
Hugs,
Maggey

Needled Mom said...

I am heading over to meet Sherry. She sounds like a delightful STAR!

Maggi said...

Another great interview Micki. Your choices are so varied.

Betty said...

What a wonderful Star of the month. Thanks for letting us know about her.

Willow

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Lovely interview Micki, I'm surfing my way over to Sherry's blog right now to meet her!

Have a lovely day,

Helen

Anonymous said...

Micki,

I love your "Star" posts - I always enjoy them!

Thank you for visiting my sew and tell - I love your comment! :)

Have a great weekend.

Gene Black said...

I loved this interview. Sherry is so sweet and charming.
I definitely think she should find a quilt class and make that first quilt. I am sure it would not be her last! Think of all the pink fabrics that she could use to make her quilt!

retdairyqueen said...

I have been following Sherrys blog for some time I love it
It is a "feel good" blog