Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Some Fun Projects

I made another crochet block for my afghan quilt. It is a really nice granny square that has three really beautiful colours.

Then, I made Joe a teddy card "just because"...the best kind. I colored in the teddy bear and did some embossing on the card. Joe just loved it, and he gave me a big smile.

I also made a card that I designed myself, which is in the shape of a piano and holds a notebook inside. I used ribbon to make the keys, did a lot of embossing on the card, and it opens up to the notebook. The purpose of the notebook is a bit funny. I have a list inside of the Cricut cartridges that I have already, and then marked with a pink ribbon the list of the Cricut cartridges that I want. He can look at it whenever he wants to surprise me with a cartridge...ingenious or what? LOL
Finally, I am ordering some nylon Jersey fabric for a crochet project that I will be starting. It is an unusual process. You cut the nylon fabric, which is a bit like spandex into continuous strips and wind it into balls...I will be using 5 different colours similar to what you see in the pic, which will be for the living room, and later will make one for the bedroom in different colours. I will have to get used to crocheting with nylon jersery strips, but it is going to be fun and quite a lovely rug.
We are planning a long walk on Friday to Marble Hill Beach....It's a good 7-8 mile hike.We will have a picnic lunch there, and then come back home. Get ready for some wonderful pics.

23 comments:

The French Bear said...

I love the square, those are sure wonderful and cheery colours! Thank you for your sweet comment on my "lost" post, I am feeling so much better, wow, lots of lovely friends that care. I was sure blown away by the support of my blog family! Have a great day and enjoy your walk, sounds like a terrific way to spend the day!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Needled Mom said...

Your projects are wonderful, Micki. That piano book is such a great idea and sooo cute.

I knitted a top for myself using cut stips of fabric and it was so much fun. I am sure you will enjoyed crocheting the jersey.

Have a fun hike. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Cobblestone Creations said...

You are just overflowing with creativity!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww, love that Teddy Card!


^_^
_

Kath said...

I was just wondering how you were getting on with the afgan. Lovely colours indeed. I hope it didnt rain for your pic-nic.

Barb said...

How fun for husband to have a way to surprise you...I smiled at that one.

Love all the things you are doing. Hope you enjoy your walk....and can't wait for the pictures.

Pat said...

Can't wait for your walk photos! You are doing great things making cards, too. Keep up the good work!!!

jane p said...

I like your granny square. I've never made one. Would love to see the completed projects one day.

Bunny said...

Your project are great. I made several afgans like that years ago they were fun. Love your card too cute.

Simone de Klerk said...

You've been up to making some lovely paper projects again, Micki. And wow, I look forward to the project you will start soon.

Cattinka said...

I like your crochet, look here:
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/04/crochet-clutch.html#more maybe you will like this project also.
KATRIN W.

Zlaty said...

You made some lovely projects Micki!

I love your creative cards and the nylon project sound like rugs my grama used to make. Have fun on the hike by the beach!

Judy S. said...

Enjoy that walk! I hope you have nice weather for it. Your rug sounds very intriguing. It will be fun to watch it progress.

Miriam said...

Lovely cards, Micki.

Enjoy your picnic....that is a long walk!! I look forward to the photos.

scraphappy said...

Those granny squares are going to be cute when they are all together. Interesting idea on the rag rug -- it sounds like it will be much softer than the cotton kind. Have a great hike -- I'm sure the pictures will be fabulous:)

Anita said...

Hi there Micki, I love afghan blankets...there's nothing like a nice warm crocheted or knitted blanket, they are so warm. Love to see it when you've finished. Kind regards, Anita.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

My, you are a busy little bee.
Tell me, why do you call quilt squares 'siggies'?
★ Linda

Sadie said...

Love the square and the card! You are so talented. I am inspired each and every time I visit your blog.

Thanks for stopping by mine, I appreciate it.

Sadie@
nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com

Chris H said...

Cute cards! I made two cards yesterday... what fun.

Joy said...

Love the granny square Micki. I remember making a whole heap of those years ago ... I wonder what I did with them LOL!??! Your cards are so gawjus too ... I see you're getting loads of use from your new toy ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Micki...I agree, very ingenious LOL!!! Dzintra♥x

Pat from Florida said...

Micki, these are great projects! I crochet a granny square afghan years ago. Crocheting jersey will be interesting. I thinks gals are into repurposing t-shirts by cutting them into strips and using them like yarn. I received such a ball of 'yarn' from my SS.

ceecee said...

What a great guy you've got there! Your cards are terrific...love the piano with the ribbon keys.

Catherine