Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Animal Farm and More Supplies Arrive

A small animal farm was set up in a large grass area near the town square of our village. Of course, Joe and I had to visit it. I enjoyed petting the various animals, and was surprised to see an Alpaca there too. I had never seen an Alpaca before in person, so it was fun to see. The donkeys were one of my favorites, as the baby donkey was just so cute!As you can see, our horse CoCo was there too. From what I gather, the animal farm is going to permanently be there, so that will be nice . I am a sucker for things like that!

Also, I received a ton of supplies in the mail for my Twilight project. I was so excited with that! The last of the supplies will arrive Friday or Monday. I can't really start till I get them, as I am waitng for the grunge paper packets which will be the inserts of the journal. I also found out that Twilight, The Movie Companion book is not availalbe, so the book store ordered the Eclipse, Movie Companion book which will arrive on Wednesday. It is the latest companion book, so I will have plenty of pics to choose from to use for my journal.By Monday, I will be able to start. As soon as I get this journal done, I will begin the circle quilt.

Lastly, I got these two siggies in the mail. Thanks to Carol from Florida, who sent me a lovely siggy, and also to Stanislava from Croatia who sent me the second siggy. They are so lovely!
I am off to read a book....Hope you all have a great week!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh they are so cute! The Alpacas are really nice and different too - watch out that they spit!!
Lovely pics. Thanks for sharing
Gina

Anonymous said...

Love the things that you got for your journal Micki. The animals are so cute but do watch out for the alpacas, they bite and spit. They are so cute though.

Beansieleigh said...

I can't wait to see this Twilight journal, Micki! I miss reading the story, and I had to give two of the books back to their rightful owner (ahem.. my daughter!).. So I STILL need to pick up New Moon and Breaking Dawn copies that I can KEEP!! But I still love watching the movies!.. Glad to hear you recently had fun seeing the animals! They all look so-ooo CUTE!! ~tina

Barb said...

Yes, love the animals....but I don't like them in the house....they must be outside. My husband had a thing for chickens, birds....

I just love getting fun stuff in the mail....and yours is wonderful.

Denise :) said...

Sweet animal photos! I could just pet 'em all! :)

Daffycat said...

Awww, I love those Alpacas! I'd so love to pet one too!

Jackie's Stitches said...

The animals are adorable and look so clean! Looking forward to seeing what you do with all your goodies.

Nat Palaskas said...

How cute are those animals. It's nice to have animals so close. Baby dokey wow, I have never seen one - have a nice day Micky - Hugs Nat

Cobblestone Creations said...

I do so enjoy reading about what you and Joe are up to. :)

Sue said...

I love your animal pics. That alpaca is so cute with his loooong eyelashes.

marina said...

How annoying that your goodies haven't arrived.
Your siggies look great. How long before you start to sew them up?

Villa-loredana said...

I wish be there in this zoo, all are so cute, but for me Coco is maximum, and than alpaca.
Well the sigies are also nice, I'm proud to know bot of you. Have a nice week. Loredana

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Loved the pics,hope you have a wonderful week

Anonymous said...

The animals are all so sweet. don't you just wish you could take all of them home. I hope you are having a wonderful week.

Colleen Barnett said...

Alpacas are lovely aren't they? Have you ever seen any products made from their wool? My husband's brother has alpacas and they have sent us some knitted scarves and beanies from their own wool. Very soft and warm!

This Twilight project is really coming together isn't it? Can't wait to see it all happening!

xxx

Joanne said...

Lovely animals, Micki. How nice to be able to see them all the time.